NH - 11 injured, one two-year-old boy critically, in home fireworks explosion

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, Jul 4, 2012.

  1. wfgodot

    wfgodot Former Member

    Messages:
    30,162
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    'He was completely engulfed in flames': Boy, 2, put in an induced
    coma after fireworks explosion at home that 'went off like a bomb'
    (Daily Mail)
    much more, with pictures and a video, at link above.
     
  2. Loading...


  3. Nova

    Nova New Member

    Messages:
    19,111
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Every. Damn. Year. And fireworks can't be left to professionals because?
     
  4. ~n/t~

    ~n/t~ New Member

    Messages:
    17,673
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    So sad. These tragedies can be prevented. What a cute little boy. I hope he pulls through. :please:
     
  5. justbeachy

    justbeachy "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond

    Messages:
    1,561
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wow. That is just horrible. So, so sad.
     
  6. Ada

    Ada New Member

    Messages:
    959
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    A few years back, in my area, some of the professionals blew themselves up. Something about the truck that was transporting the fireworks igniting while it was being unloaded. Not sure. I'll see if I can find a link.

    I just worry that my enthusiastic neighbors will burn us all down :p

    eta: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5502082/
     
  7. Nova

    Nova New Member

    Messages:
    19,111
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I know the pros take great risks. But I hope they don't store their toddlers and infants near the fireworks.
     
  8. tezi

    tezi Active Member

    Messages:
    5,355
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Here's another one...

    BUCKNER, Ark. (AP) - Authorities in south Arkansas say one teenager is dead and another is recovering from injuries after they taped sparklers together and ignited them, causing an explosion.


    Lafayette (luh-FAY-ett) County Chief Deputy Pete Richardson says the 17-year-old boys bound the sparklers together while celebrating Independence Day. Richardson says the sparklers exploded prematurely as 1 of the teens put a 5-gallon bucket on top of the fireworks.


    http://www.katv.com/story/18956295/arkansas-teenager-killed-after-sparklers-explode
     
  9. angelmom

    angelmom The love stays...forever in our hearts

    Messages:
    7,376
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Awful. So sad.

    [​IMG]
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice