GUILTY NH - Abby Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 - #15

Who'd of thunk that a pissed off prostitute would've inadvertently saved AH from the hell that NK put her in? He wasn't sentenced to nearly enough time for what he did. Not nearly.

MamaJ You been here since day one. ( I don't mean on earth I mean on this case.)
You know Skylar Neese got me lurking, Jessica Ridgeway got me hooked , but our dear young survivor, here, got me registered.

I will keep an eye on this guy until he draws his last breath.

In the meantime I have become a WS curmudgeon, lol. :sorry::

You are my favorite curmudgeon, Steleeee :loveyou:

The fact he let AH go made me wonder if NK had perhaps some form of conscience left in him. Now I see that was not the case of the counterfeiting business closing in on him and he didn't want AH around to complicate things. The more I learn about him, the worse he gets.
All that said, it makes AH survival all the more incredible and miraculous!

Can anyone bring me up to speed on this case? Last I heard they caught the kidnapper but I don't know what else. I always thought it was odd the mother was in contact with AH during her disappearance.

Nathaniel Kibby plead guilty. Details are available in the last few pages of this thread.

Can anyone bring me up to speed on this case? Last I heard they caught the kidnapper but I don't know what else. I always thought it was odd the mother was in contact with AH during her disappearance.

By contact you mean the letter AH wrote to her mom? Or are you referring to something else?

"In May, Nathaniel Kibby, the Gorham man pleaded guilty in Belknap Superior Court to seven indictments that included kidnapping, witness tampering and aggravated felonious sexual assault for kidnapping a North Conway teen and sexually assaulting her over the course of nine months. Judge Larry Smukler sentenced Kibby to 45 to 90 years in prison.

The girl's disappearance and Kibby's court case was the focus on intense media coverage from around the world."
http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/local-news/129461-the-top-10-stories-of-the-year

Hard to believe it's been this long in coming. But it was, in fact, an international story.
Wonder how his attitude is now, LOL

NH Supreme Court rules Kibby letters should be made public

CONCORD — The state Supreme Court has ruled that letters written from jail by a man convicted of kidnapping and sexually assaulting a Conway teen while holding her captive for nine months should be made public.

The decision released Tuesday upheld a Superior Court judge’s ruling that letters Nathaniel Kibby wrote while his case was pending and motions about his court-appointed attorney could be added to the public record.

Kibby, who pleaded guilty in May 2016 to seven felony charges, challenged the ruling by Judge Larry Smukler, contending the correspondence and documents were protected by attorney-client privilege.[/QUOTE]

That scum doesn't deserve any privacy at all! Ugh! Thinks he is so smart, and can petition courts on this and that... NOPE.. strip all his 'rights' and lets not hear from his sorry behind for the rest of his life! *******!

Nathaniel Kibby wanted to testify before taking plea deal

Kibby wrote that he considered his public defenders the “enemy” since they disagreed with him on trial strategy and did not feel he should testify.

“There is no doubt whatsoever that I will execute my right to testify,” he wrote. “Nothing short of this court compromising my right to freely testify (to the truth) without conflict, will change that. This is an immovable fact as certain as the laws of physics.”

Soon after sending the letter, Kibby, one of the most notorious defendants in recent history in New Hampshire, had a change of heart.

He accepted a plea deal on May 26 of last year, in which he admitted to sexual assault, kidnapping, criminal threatening, witness tampering, and assault in exchange for a sentence of 45 to 90 years.

'I had to call him master': Teen held captive for nine months in a shipping container by zombie apocalypse-obsessed abductor breaks her silence and tells how she was repeatedly raped, treated like a dog and forced to wear a shock collar
  • Abigail Hernandez, now 19, was abducted in October 2013 by Nathaniel Kibby
  • Kibby held her in a shipping container behind his house in New Hampshire
  • He raped her repeatedly and made her wear a shock collar to control her
  • Abigail eventually got away when he decided to free her in July 2014
  • In an interview which will air on Friday, Abigail recalled the horror she endured
  • She said Kibby never told her his name and forced her to refer to him as 'master'
  • Kibby, 39, was sentenced to between 45 and 90 years in prison in May 2016
By JENNIFER SMITH FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 08:05 EDT, 5 September 2018 | UPDATED: 11:42 EDT, 5 September 2018

The teenage girl held captive in a storage container in New Hampshire by a violent predator who abducted her on her way home for school has spoken out about the horror she endured four years after escaping his lair. ....

For nine months, he held her captive in a shipping container stashed on his rural property. Kibby forced her to wear a shock collar which struck her if she screamed and he raped her repeatedly. .....

In an interview with ABC'S 20/20 which will air on Friday, Hernandez, whose identity had been protected in the past because she is the victim of sexual crimes, spoke about the time she spent in captivity.
Teen held captive in New Hampshire storage container breaks silence | Daily Mail Online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back