GUILTY NH - Abby Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 - #15

It literally took my breath away when I saw this was going to be on 20/20 tonight. I have thought about her so much over the years! Such an amazing and strong young woman. I wish nothing but good things for her.

Oh my gosh, she's a mamaaaaaaaa!!!! Baby, I could not admire your strength anymore if I tried! You are amazing. You are a beautiful light in this world that has lots of shadows. Hug your mama and your sister and now your new baby! I know you are going to be an amazing mom who will show your son all the beauty this world holds. You certainly have made me change my attitude for the day. If you can overcome such horror and enjoy the beauty of today, so can I. Today, I will smile, in your honor.

Mods- since she has decided to come forward with her strength, should her name be re-added to the thread? That way people can find it? She is such an inspiration.

I was just able to watch the 20/20. I was in awe of Abby's strength back then but even more so now, and her character. I wish her and her new family all the happiness for the future. Hope, oh yes hope. Sometimes everyone needs to have hope but hearing it from someone like Abby, under the circumtances she was in, just complete and utter admiration. As mentioned in the show, to those who doubted her? Shame, shame, shame on you!

I was just able to watch the 20/20. I was in awe of Abby's strength back then but even more so now, and her character. I wish her and her new family all the happiness for the future. Hope, oh yes hope. Sometimes everyone needs to have hope but hearing it from someone like Abby, under the circumtances she was in, just complete and utter admiration. As mentioned in the show, to those who doubted her? Shame, shame, shame on you!

This has made me very happy as I always had HOPE that one day Abby would go public with her story and finally own it as her own.
I am so far behind as I have not been here much since summer due to health issues but I was able to watch part of the 20/20 episode. This was just a month before her 20th birthday I believe. She's amazing and could teach others much.

The link if anyone needs it.

20/20: Abby Hernandez Watch Full Episode | 09/07/2018

Have really missed you all especially Skib!

Oh my gosh there was a 20/20?

(Hi Skibby! Happy New Year!!)

Thank you for the update, going back to catch up. I’ve been thinking about Abby.

ETA: And yes, Shame, Shame, Shame!!!!!!! )

This has made me very happy as I always had HOPE that one day Abby would go public with her story and finally own it as her own.
I am so far behind as I have not been here much since summer due to health issues but I was able to watch part of the 20/20 episode. This was just a month before her 20th birthday I believe. She's amazing and could teach others much.

(Thank you! Nice to see you, Steleheart :) )

Oh my goodness...I just turned on my TV to watch 20/20 which I have programmed to record every episode on my DVR.

It’s called “What Happened to Abby”. AH will be on the show talking about her time in captivity.

IIRC this miiight be a repeat episode? It’s Season 8, Episode 4. Will crosscheck the date. I meant to watch it before...

Gosh. This is intense....it’s going to be hard to watch...

I hope she’s doing great, as best as possibly can be expected after something like this.

I would love to see on this show that she is doing well.

ETA: Brainfart; this must be a repeat. I’m glad because I didn’t see it the first time al though I had meant to.

just stopping in because Abby's case crossed my mind today and I wondered how she is doing. I am following some pretty grim missing person threads right now and I needed a good thought and a case that inspires hope. This one is that case for me. It felt miraculous when she was found/freed after all those long months. I need to remember that sometimes they do come home.

Watch Girl in the Shed: The Kidnapping of Abby Hernandez | Lifetime (mylifetime.com)

Girl in the Shed: The Kidnapping of Abby Hernandez
Premieres Saturday, February 26 at 8/7c

The true story of 14-year-old freshman Abby Hernandez (Lindsay Navarro) who vanished while walking home from school in North Conway, New Hampshire. Kicking off the state’s largest search, Abby’s disappearance left her family, especially her mother Zenya (Erica Durance), investigators and the community mystified of her whereabouts. Taken by Nathaniel Kibby (Ben Savage), Abby was kept is a soundproof container and forced to wear a shock collar while enduring psychological, sexual and emotional abuse. Despite suffering daily torture, Abby kept hope alive that she would one day be able to see her family again. (2022)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back