GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #10

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by SurfieTX, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmandaReckonwith

AmandaReckonwith Defective Detective

2. MamaJoJo

MamaJoJo Where did you go?

There is a beautiful post on the BAH page from a friend of Abby...

3. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

beautiful letter from one of Abby's friends on the bring abby home fb page.

4. Steleheart

Steleheart Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I heartily agree with you. I think I used the word cryptic incorrectly. My point was surrounding the dynamic of the press conf. the lead up and the fact that his remarks were not part of the press conference given how important it was for him to say that.
    That said - the letter sounded like a major shift from past to present in the "posture of the investigation" which KR has said repeatedly has not changed.

My opinions only.

5. MamaJoJo

So, are we all at a loss for words at this point?

6. Hap

Hap Wisher & Dreamer

Trying to keep hope alive. It makes me sad that Abby's thread is going quiet, and that there is no Abby still.....

7. Steleheart

Sometimes when there is less noise - children feel like they can be heard - and then out of the mouths of babes...

8. skibaboo

skibaboo Mrs Map

"It's oh so quiet shhh shhh, it's oh so still, shh shh it's oh so quiet shh shh, until.....

:please:

9. Steleheart

You fall in love and bing boom the sky up above is caving in... somethin somethin wow bam?

10. NH GIRL

NH GIRL Verified insider - Abigail Hernandez case

We NEED to stay hopeful and positive!

11. Idon'tneedthesame

Idon'tneedthesame Well-Known Member

I have a very good feeling that Abby will come home safely.
    :heartbeat:

12. MamaJoJo

We NEED to figure out what in the world happened to Abby!

13. NH GIRL

NH GIRL Verified insider - Abigail Hernandez case

We certainly hope so!! And SOON!!

14. LookingHoping

LookingHoping New Member

Yes, it is quiet! That doesn't mean we all aren't thinking, talking and working on it. I think of Abby morning, noon and night. She is literally the FIRST thing I think of in the morning and the last at night, always. When not here, though busy with all the daily life chaos…when I'm not I'm trying to do something constructive to find Abby. Feels stupid sometimes posting or handing out fliers or even just being happy I have to do an errand out of the way and drive with my magnet on my car. Keep brainstorming, keep putting Abby's story out there. ACK, I know, 3 months went by… but somebody posted on one of the pages (I think BAH) about the girl in Arkansas I think it was that was found (ALIVE!!!!) a week or two or three ago and had been missing since early september. THIS CAN HAPPEN!

To me, I think the key is making sure people really know what to look for. I don't know that a flier in a window does as much as talking to them about changes in people around them. Being aware of their surroundings whether walking, biking, hiking, driving… look around, odd foot prints around an abandoned home. Odd habits, You all know the drill! Showing others and really teaching them why it is important. If anybody out there knows the other cases that kids were found and had people known the signs to watch for and THAT IT IS OK TO CALL 911FOR THESE THINGS… imagine how many years could have been cut off their time away. Yeah… just keep the hope, keep talking, keep sharing your knowledge.

15. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

I still think and pray for her safe return regularly.

The one thing I am not clear about and really wish LE would provide much more information on is regarding the alleged letter received. Below are some of the questions I have regarding the letter.

Is it possible the letter was sent by someone other than her ?

Or if it was proven to be her hand writing, then is it possible she was forced into writing it?

Have LE made any progress in determining where the letter was sent from?

Do they at least know the city and state it was sent from? And where is that if we could ask?

She is an underage child and regardless if she wrote the letter and says she is voluntarily left, then it still should not matter. If her Mom says we want you home, then LE can pursue her to take her home. IMO, if LE knows the city and state, they should tell the public so we can be on the lookout in that area to help get her home where she can be safe.
    I have a bad feeling about that letter and I am not convinced she wrote it willingly or at all. But even if she did, IMO, she is too young and can be in danger.

16. Irishboy

Irishboy Well-Known Member

Is it possible the letter was sent by someone other than her ?

IMO yes and likely

Or if it was proven to be her hand writing, then is it possible she was forced into writing it?

Not disclosed but most think that since LE said it was "believed" to be from her. Open to interpretation - printed by a computer, another handwritng, etc

Have LE made any progress in determining where the letter was sent from?

IMO they know a general area where it could be, don't want to say. Need to cross reference to the next communication if there is one, and not compromise a prosecution if there is one.

Do they at least know the city and state it was sent from? And where is that if we could ask?

Above

17. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Thank you. The bolded part above is something I had not considered. That may be the reason LE is keeping all info about the letter quiet. They may be hoping there is another letter sent and they dont want to do anything to cause the communication to stop.

If that is the reason, i do agree up till a certain point. Once too much time passes, then I think LE should tell the public what city and state the letter came from if they know it. Because the more time that passes, the more chance someone could hurt her too. So there is plenty of risk in waiting and not sharing info as well.

Ugggghhh. I am so worried about her.

18. megan.sense

megan.sense New Member

19. LookingHoping

LookingHoping New Member

YA, and the 3rd from Fryeburg. Good news, they've all been arrested….. creepy scary and all so young. Back to the city I go to live without fear because gangs are a lot easier to see than woods creepersLOL

20. megan.sense

megan.sense New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.