GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya:

Hey guys if you see a post that violates TOS please alert. However, if you just disagree with a post please discuss in a civil manner or scroll and roll. Please do not personalize posts.

Because LE does not classify Abby as "just a runaway or walkway". She is still classified as a missing person. There are NO indications of her running away. She DOES NOT have a history of running away. So it's still treated as an investigation for a missing person.

I may have missed it, but does anyone know where the letter was postmarked from?

If the postmark provided a clue as to where the letter was sent from, then I would think that it would be important to let the public know what city and state to help look for her in. Maybe it was shared and I missed it somehow.

Thanks NH GIRL for doing all you can to help find her.

LE has not released that information, Hatfield. It is the 'big question' amongst much of the public. In reality, it won't help anything for people to know imho other than to quench individual curiosities. Anybody can mail a letter from anywhere. Surely a smart perp wouldn't have mailed it from a local PO. I'm guessing LE feels it will be completely misleading, causing people to pay attention in the area it was mailed from and people to quit in all other areas.

LE has not released that information, Hatfield. It is the 'big question' amongst much of the public. In reality, it won't help anything for people to know imho other than to quench individual curiosities. Anybody can mail a letter from anywhere. Surely a smart perp wouldn't have mailed it from a local PO. I'm guessing LE feels it will be completely misleading, causing people to pay attention in the area it was mailed from and people to quit in all other areas.

Thats a really good point.

Its probably personal preference for me but since the perp or she would have had to have been physically present at least for 1 day to send it then I think it may help to go ahead and release the info. But when they release it just explain it the way you just explained it. That there is no guarantee the person or her remained in that town after letter was sent.

You never know if a person in that town happened to remember someone delivering a letter who looked suspicious and they may remember details about it.

I agree to an extent, but I also know I'm in Boston area a lot. I live in Maine. As Steleheart mentioned these are not even day trips away. I can mail a letter from Boston and be home in an hour and 45 minutes. Or be in CT in 2 hrs from there. I think there is too much distance from where it was mailed to where one could be from the time it was postmarked to the time it was received….and at this point, I'd almost consider it useless info.

I suspect what they are doing in trying to get her face and story national is to get everybody, in every neighborhood, thinking and watching.

Oh, and I am fairly sure (there are posts regarding specifics of mail) that they can tell exactly where it was mailed from (they being LE). Meaning even if they don't publicly announce, one could assume they would at least dig into that PO and look at cameras in and around it. I would think that anyway.

My heart always skips a beat when I see Abigail's thread at the top of the missing person discussion page.
Always praying

Amanda-you are born to help people..........thanks for your hard work.

I loved her video, too. She's such a force! Graceful, (obviously distraught) yet strong. I've always been amazed with Zenya! Abby and Sarah, imho, are two lucky young ladies to have such an amazing person to call Mom :)

My heart always skips a beat when I see Abigail's thread at the top of the missing person discussion page.
Always praying

Amanda-you are born to help people..........thanks for your hard work.

My heart skips a beat when I see a Starry Night!

I was just looking at the moon wondering,,, and here you are!

WB!
:loveyou:

So sad this case is still without a happy ending. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, I had family in North Conway this weekend by the outlets, and was told there are still quite a few flyers around...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or at this point it could have a positive effect. Someone might have actually thought they saw Abby but wasn't sure it was her. At this point imo they are not doing a good job by not releasing where that letter was sent from. It has not been well over three months without any contact that we know of so why not try a different strategy. What they are doing is not working and feel that this might be something that could get her home in my IMO. Maybe some landlord or someone in the community would recognize her that isn't even aware this girl is missing. I just don't get their strategy at all at this point.

I have faith that LE knows exactly what they are doing. I don't think we need to understand their strategy. Surely, they can't come out and tell us what it is without giving too much away, I feel positive every move they make and don't make is specific to keeping Abby safe and finding her… It is frustrating, 4 months gone by. BUT, that doesn't necessarily mean they should change their entire strategy. I'm positive they're using their training and many highly trained resources to make these decisions in the best interest of Abby.

Thank you for all you do AR! I need links! My own file is a mess, LOL

Thank you, Steleheart.

Do you mean you need the links to articles I saved? The only thing I would know to do is to go to the news site, search Abby. That will bring up a list of articles.

At least that is what I do. That, and interceder.net, an excellent source but not always complete. I also use Google alerts, and again often incomplete. I do a lot of searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam