GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that whoever drove by said 'gee I wonder if that is the girl who went missing 9 months ago'. It was dark.

I don't know the area at all as far as lighting goes.....but if it is dark and she is walking alongside a road, I would think people's first thoughts are not "Is that Abby" but rather "Boy they are hard to see on a dark night!" Not sure how many people would be out at that hour on a Sunday too.....which might be why that time was chosen?

Well, of course. Most people are just thinking about their own stuff at any given moment. Most people do not carefully scan the faces of every other person on the bus. In fact, most people consider it polite not to stare and to keep their heads down. My problem is that I see it here and many other places: people are just positively convinced that a missing person would have been "spotted by now if they were alive." I think that Abby's case shows what an asinine assumption that is.

If Abby cannot be spotted a mere nine months later, wearing the exact same clothes, nearby to her neighborhood, well, then, I am very skeptical of assuming that a missing person is dead just because they have not been seen.

I just want to clarify why I said maybe a cult. Not sure if the alien pic was a dig but I had good reason to consider it. There is a specific cult in New Hampshire that says members can only wear 100% cotton clothing. So if a newcomer wore a polyesther blend it would be confiscated. She must have had other clothes. You can't just wear the same outfit for 9 months and have it in such good condition. Not happening.

But why the same clothes? Why a hot sweater on a summer night?

ETA: If she were in a long dress and conservative button down cotton blouse it would be a dead giveaway for one of these extremist groups.

That National Guard bag is given out at high schools by the recruiters. We have a few. They are also given out by recruiters at job fairs, information booths, etc.

If her town in the woods is anything like ours, maybe one car went past her. 10-10:30 on a Sunday night here is very quiet.

I don't think the alien pic was a dig, just a bit of fun as the whole case is so perplexing. JMO

I think I also read that LE were looking for video surveillance from near her home? Wondering if she really was dropped off on this highway? If she walked home from there alone (?) then video evidence would only show she walked home alone.

. . . My problem is that I see it here and many other places: people are just positively convinced that a missing person would have been "spotted by now if they were alive." I think that Abby's case shows what an asinine assumption that is.

If Abby cannot be spotted a mere nine months later, wearing the exact same clothes, nearby to her neighborhood, well, then, I am very skeptical of assuming that a missing person is dead just because they have not been seen.
Jumping up and down and applauding! That is the same sort of thing I have been saying in many many missing person cases. It seems to be a recurring assumption anyway.

I asked on the last thread but it moved too fast. Has the bf or the bf's very outspoken father said anything?

perhaps LE has had this area staked out (not constantly, but perhaps they made sure there was a camera there after AH went missing, or maybe they have been doing special patrols in the area, etc.) and they can not find (read:see) when she actually reappeared and perhaps are skeptical?

I am glad she has reappeared, no matter what.

Imo wherever she was, she used different clothing during that period and left there only with what she came with. Where that would be or what this means is beyond me...this is the weirdest outcome in a case to date for me.

Her old BF was said to have be quoted only as saying he was glad she was back but that he had not heard from her or spoken to her.

I think the alien thing was just a general comment about the weirdness of this situation, as I had a similar thought earlier. I also was reminded of several missing persons cases from the last couple of decades in New England where people just went out a door into nothingness. There are also plenty of (probably) legends of people disappearing midfield.

Lynne Schulze and Paula Jean Welden, for example, just disappeared. Poof.

You know, something just tweaked a neuron in my brain. There was another girl from New Hampshire in the 70s or 80s who disappeared under weird circumstances and there was some contact but not really and there was much weirdness. *wanders off to research*

Aha. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rahn_laureen.html

And, apparently, there was actually a cluster of 14-15 year old brunette girls who went missing around then. Most likely unrelated, but the weirdness reminded me.

You know, something just tweak a neuron in my brain. There was another girl from New Hampshire in the 70s or 80s who disappeared under weird circumstances and there was some contact but not really and there was much weirdness. *wanders off to research*

Aha. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rahn_laureen.html

And, apparently, there was actually a cluster of 14-15 year old brunette girls who went missing around then. Most likely unrelated, but the weirdness reminded me.

What a bizarre case, Necco. Thanks for sharing.

I just want to clarify why I said maybe a cult. Not sure if the alien pic was a dig but I had good reason to consider it. There is a specific cult in New Hampshire that says members can only wear 100% cotton clothing. So if a newcomer wore a polyesther blend it would be confiscated. She must have had other clothes. You can't just wear the same outfit for 9 months and have it in such good condition. Not happening.

But why the same clothes? Why a hot sweater on a summer night?

ETA: If she were in a long dress and conservative button down cotton blouse it would be a dead giveaway for one of these extremist groups.

No, wasn't a dig at your theory at all...
It was my attempt at humor as we know nothing:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the alien thing was just a general comment about the weirdness of this situation, as I had a similar thought earlier. I also was reminded of several missing persons cases from the last couple of decades in New England where people just went out a door into nothingness. There are also plenty of (probably) legends of people disappearing midfield.

Lynne Schulze and Paula Jean Welden, for example, just disappeared. Poof.

Right?

And this is the first time one has poofed back wearing the same clothes even!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irrelevant to the investigation I'm sure, but I wonder if Abby's dad will come to town and see her now that she is home. I remember him quoting a sweet and loving letter that she had written to him shortly before her disappearance, it sounds like they did have a relationship. Every statement on the Bring Abby Home Facebook page refers to Abby being home with her Mom and Sarah. Wonder if Rueben will make a visit soon.

Reuben has been left out of lots of the public postings, and such. The main website, and facebook page only mention Zenya and Abby's sister. Never did get an answer as to why that was. I realize her parents are divorced, but they are BOTH still her parents. I can't say, as we've not heard whether her Dad has come to NH or not. I would hope he would be allowed to see his daughter!

I just keep thinking about her returning wearing the same clothes! What are the odds?? Who would save the exact clothing for 9 months?? Not sure. Makes me feel like I'm in some type of experiment, and I'm failing at whatever my tasks are. Truly bizarre! Why those same clothes and not weather appropriate clothing? I mean, no shorts or short sleeves? A sweater...in the middle of summer... Maybe that was one thing Abby held onto as something from home?? Otherwise, an abductor probably wouldn't keep those items and send her home wearing them. I feel that Abby left on her own, and has returned on her own. What transpired during that time, well, I don't know. Legally she couldn't make the decision to be on her own, but, IMO, as I felt for awhile, she did leave on her own. Her motives aren't known at this time, if she did run away.

We might not ever know. This investigation has been so unusual, and so little info released, that I wouldn't be surprised if we just hear she did leave on her own, and she's back and case closed.

Re: the clothes-- I wonder if they even still fit comfortably when she returned home Sunday... or if she looked like she was wearing high-waters and a belly shirt (maybe a slight exaggeration). Many teen girls are still growing like a weed at 14/15-year-old. Not all, of course. Just another little factor that (if she had grown) would make it even more bizarre for her to return in the exact same clothes.

Joe Downs, the other of a gift shop in the town, said he remembers the effect the teen's disappearance had on the community. The thought that someone could snatch a child sent shudders down the spines of people in the northern New Hampshire town that relies heavily on family-oriented tourism.

"I don't know how much this cost the town but somebody should come clean about what happened," Downs said of the heavy law enforcement effort. "They didn't find her; she came home on her own, from what I know."

"I want to know where she was, where she's been for nine months," Downs said. "It should have been figured out. Everybody wants to know the truth."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-release-new-photos-ask-for-help-in-abigail-hernandez-case/

that's not why we're here, liljim.

IMO. we want to find the missing, and some of us (the rabbit for one) want to know why...to prevent the next case from hitting this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave