GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanking all who worked hard, naming names of officials who were instrumental in the search for abby effort.

Jane Young and agent ramsey will speak in a moment. Will not try the case in teh media. Little of substance will be offered at this time.

Ramsey: Abby safe return last week and the arrest yesterday were combined efforts of many things. No one let anyone forget about Abby. The agencies that investigated every tip and lead. No lead went unpursued. No tip unchecked. Social media cell phone and staid common techniques such as interviews. Lastly Abby herself assisted her own return.

Unusual case from the get go. Seen worst seen best. Hopes realized.

Jane is up to provide timeline.

Young Last sunday july 20 she returned to her mother who never gave up hope. not sure if there was one day in last nine months that this case was not worked or discussed.

Young: this arrest is first step in this case. searches are ongoing at Kibby;s residence. If additional crimes discovered other charges will be brought. learned Sunday night sufficient info to seek and obtain arrest and search warrants. 2 am when swat arrived planned best safest way to apprehend kibby. arrest was around noon. No harm to him no harm to neighbors.

residence being methodically searched. depending on that search there may be others. the attention to this case will continue.

child is home relatively safe. if another child goes missing in this state same level of effort will be expended.

any indication Abby knew Kibby beforehand

Young: still part of the investigation.

Young is done answering questions. Personal note. Thank you all for never giving up your attention to this matter. Have a good day. Thank you

I keep re-watching the video of Abby coming into the courtroom, this seems so surreal! I've been following this case from the beginning but usually stay quiet. My first thought was that she looked amazing (healthy) but then I noticed in the video how thin she really is..and the darkness under her eyes and the color of her skin. Maybe because I have a chronic illness I can pick up on the little things people usually don't even notice. She does seem to have minor health concerns, but the fact she is out and walking around is amazing. Honestly after 9 months of hell you'd expect something so much more horrible.
Anyway, this proves how amazingly strong she really is. I hope that this investigation is fast moving (yet thorough) so she can put this in the past and move forward.
I think she needs support now more than ever. I am so thankful she is back with her family!

I noticed the same. She looks so thin and almost jaundiced. The look in her eyes is heartbreaking. It's difficult to look at her and see that look. My heart goes out to her and her family. I just don't know how her mother sat there and didn't go over and strangle that man with her own bare hands. As a mother I wanted to hurt him. I'm so angry he showed no remorse, his affect was an f you and I'm steaming. What a brave and courageous family to sit there and face him.
ETA Just want to add that Abby looked beautiful. Didn't want to infer that Abby isn't a lovely young woman, it's just apparent she's been through hell.

At this time, we have no information that there was anyone else involved in this crime. (Not ruling out possibility that could change with future info, though.) ~ Jane Young

Interesting that police were at the house in March 2014. Young said they just received those reports within the last 24 hours and will be looking into details of that visit.

Abby just looked terrific! She looked dignified and confident, pretty, hair and makeup perfect. So mature and strong like her mother

Oops, I was snipped :( can anyone tell me why still photos from the courtroom would not be allowed here? It was from a live broadcast on an MSM site and they will surely be posted on those sites within a few minutes, if they haven't already been.
Read the note in the edit line. The first post had no link. I added one for you. The subsequent posts didn't include the link I provided. Further, to repeat the same large photo three times within 20 or so posts is spamming, which isn't allowed.

Also, as a friendly reminder, questions about moderator decisions and the rules are supposed to be addressed to the mod in a private message, and not posted in the thread.

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member