GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
not at all tlcya...don't be sorry. many times I ask questions because they're impossible to answer.

kinda like a two-year old does. :blushing:

I agree, AW probably has the dog. but if she doesn't, I'm wondering if Doberman could've been used as a threat...that's all...

:) I had considered that possibility also, but with the way the neighbors seem to be talking in general to the press and with how mightily they seemed impressed by the "like on TV" swat maneuvers I figure one of them would have mentioned SWAT taking control of the dog, or something to do with the dog. But not a word.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...gh-end-week/X8hNuB7Ce1OktPHxfhmqyO/story.html

Kieran Ramsey, assistant special agent in charge of the FBI’s Boston division, said authorities also continued today to interview Kibby’s friends and associates.

Kibby is next due in court Aug. 12 for a probable cause hearing, but legal experts said a grand jury might indict him before then, sending the case up to a higher court that has jurisdiction over serious crimes. They said defense lawyers might also waive the hearing in exchange for an early look at some of the state’s evidence.

Either way, Howard said, more details should emerge sometime soon, but a trial probably will not happen for at least a year.

obviously just my opinion but i dont think she was ever in the shipping container, it just complicates things, he doesnt seem like the type of person that was having lots of company over so he could much more easily have prepared some sort of room in the house for her. i can think of many advantages and reasons to do it this way and none for keeping her in the container. (jesus this is creepy to talk about, think im done on the topic) im probably wrong tho, nothing is predictable in this case.

hopefully they have paid visit to any home depot type stores near his house and work to see if anyone there remembers him and maybe any large purchases he made of building materials (lumber, sheet rock, foam insulation), and checked his credit/debit cards for any purchases of this type.

With NK's distrust of Government and banking, I see him as someone who wouldn't trust debit card or cards

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-remove-evidence-boxes-marked-Bio-hazard.html

Investigators have started dismantling the container where Nathaniel Kibby allegedly held 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez captive for nine months – as it emerged the structure may have had three separate, sound-proofed rooms.

(snipped)

At one point, around 2pm, officers suddenly kitted up in what appeared to be bomb disposal, protective uniform, before searching the crime scene.

Full evidence boxes marked with biohazard symbols were also visible as FBI technicians worked intensely packing away material to be taken off for analysis.

I would like to veer off of the discussion with regard to the discrepancy between the initial sketch and the suspect - Page after page of repeated observations regarding eye color, skin color' height' shape etc., so repetitious as to confuse any reader who may be trying to discern the facts in this case.

N. Kibby wasn't arrested because of the sketch. There was no trailer, no storage container, no name or address in the sketch. There was something bigger;

"Prosecutors said they had enough information on Sunday night to obtain an arrest and search warrant for Kibby and his home."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...pper-in-court/

Sunday Night!

"Abigail Hernandez, had provided investigators with enough information for them to arrest and charge Kibby"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0FX1U420140728

Abby provided it. Just like she provided info for the sketch, but in those first few days I feel that this traumatized young girl likely did the best that she could. Maybe she was still blocking it out - being questioned, examined, hugged, welcomed, etc., emotional, scared, scarred, skinny and sick - who can remember stuff?

But then by Sunday,,, They had enough information "Sunday night to obtain an arrest and search warrant for Kibby". They arrested him Monday around noon but they sent out "recorded phone calls at approximately 11:30 a.m. advising (the neighbors) to stay inside."

http://www.berlindailysun.com/index....103&Itemid=442

A lot was going on and happening very quickly!
Can we catch up to the current phase and put behind (for now) this discrepancy from the first few days of this girl's return?

Rehashing her recollection from 9 months ago is feeling like people are bashing Abby, the victim, for some kind of plot to derail the investigation out of fear or whatever. REALLY?!

She Came Up With The Information To Make An Arrest!!! Let's get off the sketch and credit her for getting that done! And then showing up in court with poise and dignity to face this life long criminal who allegedly stole 9 months of her life (and much more as a result).

Let's get onto NEK and off AH and what she tried in her first few days.

:cow:

not sure why but none of your links work for me

I am so sorry - I broke the links somehow! :blushing:

"Prosecutors said they had enough information on Sunday night to obtain an arrest and search warrant for Kibby and his home."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rnandez-faces-her-alleged-kidnapper-in-court/

"Abigail Hernandez, had provided investigators with enough information for them to arrest and charge Kibby"
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/28/us-usa-new-hampshire-teen-idUSKBN0FX1U420140728

But then by Sunday,,, They had enough information "Sunday night to obtain an arrest and search warrant for Kibby". They arrested him Monday around noon but they sent out "recorded phone calls at approximately 11:30 a.m. advising (the neighbors) to stay inside."
http://www.berlindailysun.com/index...mored-vehicle&catid=103:local-news&Itemid=442.

I will try to fix the post if it is not too late - thank you :)

ETA the original post is fixed - thanks for letting me know

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...er-2013-14-**ARREST**&p=10806229#post10806229

poirotry, how is it that all of us can't collectively find one friend nor relative? has anyone been successful?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...gh-end-week/X8hNuB7Ce1OktPHxfhmqyO/story.html

Kieran Ramsey, assistant special agent in charge of the FBI’s Boston division, said authorities also continued today to interview Kibby’s friends and associates.

RBBM:
Yes. But it is against TOS to sleuth friends and relatives here unless they have been named as POI by MSM or LE.

Hope that helps

:cow:

ok steleheart but I do anyway.

;)

just kidding Bessie.

does anyone find it strange that all these neighbors are claiming that the storage container is soundproof?

how would they know that? if a tree falls in the woods...kwim?

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/local-news/115565-search-of-kibby-property-continues

One neighbor, who asked not to be identified, said Kibby had built a false wall in the container and used one section for storage. In the other section, the neighbor said Kibby created a space that he called a "man cave" where he could work on various vehicles. The neighbor said there is electricity to the container, and he said Kibby told him last year he put in soundproofing so he could use it as a small firing range.

The neighbor said Kibby had owned a black Chevy S-10 pickup truck but last fall changed vehicles and currently was driving a Honda Civic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-remove-evidence-boxes-marked-Bio-hazard.html

Investigators have started dismantling the container where Nathaniel Kibby allegedly held 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez captive for nine months – as it emerged the structure may have had three separate, sound-proofed rooms.

(snipped)

At one point, around 2pm, officers suddenly kitted up in what appeared to be bomb disposal, protective uniform, before searching the crime scene.

Full evidence boxes marked with biohazard symbols were also visible as FBI technicians worked intensely packing away material to be taken off for analysis.

Thank you for a link that confirms LE is examining the container.

Hello Everyone! :newhere:

Although I just joined and this is my first post, I have been a longtime lurker. I only had followed one thread (Michelle Parker) until I saw Abby's story on the local news the day she went missing ...and here I am. Missing person cases intrigue me - I tell my mom it's her fault for letting me stay up late to watch Unsolved Mysteries :detective:.

I live in MA and vacation every year up in North Conway so I started following this from day one. I dragged my poor fiancé all around North Conway this past vacation in December so I could see the area where the high school is, the route she would have walked home, etc. I thought it might give me an idea of what I thought happened to her.

<modsnip>

I wonder if maybe she did speak with him online, and planned to meet him that day to hang out. Based on some things I've seen on some of her social media, my perception of Abby is that she is more mature than the typical 14/15 year old girl. It seems possible she befriended what she thought was a boy a little older than her who had things in common (liking the Beatles for example) with her. She could have thought she was going to meet him for a coffee or something and jumped in his car and then things went downhill from there. I think this scenario is the one that makes the most sense to me when I try to logically think about what could have happened. She may have thought she made a friend but he turned out to be anything but. Thoughts?

I apologize for being long winded, and hopefully I didn't say anything I wasn't supposed to!

poirotry, how is it that all of us can't collectively find one friend nor relative? has anyone been successful?

Kieran Ramsey, assistant special agent in charge of the FBI&#8217;s Boston division, said authorities also continued today to interview Kibby&#8217;s friends and associates.

Well, the first possibility might be that he has no friends, and few relatives (who've learned to be private).

The other thing is, if a perp had an internet presence and had a week to tidy that up, he could delete his trail in a general (public) way. But if he were on the Web at all, LE would still have ways to trace his electronic footprint (including the 'deletions.')

Personally, I think there's also the possibility he wasn't a techy, internet-using guy. He strikes me more as the sort of guy who is worried about the NSA and privacy and with the mindbent that he'd never sacrifice his privacy to government. If he used a computer at all, he probably just used one at a public library. He seemed more into tools, machinery, guns. Those hobbies probably already used up his limited budget; I would expect geek gadgets to be lower on the list or not make it at all because of that. JMO, who knows...

Retired police officer discusses NK

"He seemed not really connected to anything or anyone else when you first meet him."Perley has known Kibby since he was 12 and prosecuted Kibby regularly.

"He would want to discuss the case and would discuss it in an intelligent fashion, but his opinion was always unyielding, and there was no room for any outside opinion or influence or alternative theory."

Hello Everyone! :newhere:

Although I just joined and this is my first post, I have been a longtime lurker. I only had followed one thread (Michelle Parker) until I saw Abby's story on the local news the day she went missing ...and here I am. Missing person cases intrigue me - I tell my mom it's her fault for letting me stay up late to watch Unsolved Mysteries :detective:.

I live in MA and vacation every year up in North Conway so I started following this from day one. I dragged my poor fiancé all around North Conway this past vacation in December so I could see the area where the high school is, the route she would have walked home, etc. I thought it might give me an idea of what I thought happened to her.

<modsnip>

I wonder if maybe she did speak with him online, and planned to meet him that day to hang out. Based on some things I've seen on some of her social media, my perception of Abby is that she is more mature than the typical 14/15 year old girl. It seems possible she befriended what she thought was a boy a little older than her who had things in common (liking the Beatles for example) with her. She could have thought she was going to meet him for a coffee or something and jumped in his car and then things went downhill from there. I think this scenario is the one that makes the most sense to me when I try to logically think about what could have happened. She may have thought she made a friend but he turned out to be anything but. Thoughts?

I apologize for being long winded, and hopefully I didn't say anything I wasn't supposed to!

I'm with you in MA and have vacationed up there every year since, well I think the Cog Railway was in actual operation,,, ahem, anyway, I went up Oct. 16 one week after, looking more like a local than a peeper - my DW was confused why as to why we were going around different roads, LOL. Then we went up in early April (it snowed, haha) and the snow banks were still too high to see anything beyond the road. I wanted to see the railroad tracks, the pond, the trails, etc. I dragged my wife up and down NS road, behind Walmart and all around Settlers Green, she was like, 'what are you hoping to find?' (Abby, somehow).

No I think she was going to the store and Kibby sped up to her and snatched her forcefully. Nope, everything was as said right from the beginning except for the truck. A normal day turned dark.

Anyway,

:welcome:

ha yeah they can target ads based on page content and also on your personal search history, has made for some interesting events on forums (like someone complaining on a forum that they are seeing a certain ad for an embarrassing product, then being told by everyone else that they dont see it and how the system works)

ab-block plus ftw

:floorlaugh:

tlcya, great post but it doesn't state who owns the Doberman nor where the dog is currently residing. my question is, if the pinscher was in the mobile home was he 'guarding' abby?

steleheart, I can't launch that link but thank you.

Castro let the girls have a dog, iirc.

The neighbors talked about the dog like it was recent IMO. I think they would have mentioned the dog suddenly disappearing. No?

Investigators have started dismantling the container where Nathaniel Kibby allegedly held 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez captive for nine months &#8211; as it emerged the structure may have had three separate, sound-proofed rooms.

(snipped)

The biohazard pictures that are posted- actually those boxes are medical waste chemicals. If you look closely at the boxes- they are from Curtis May Energy. It's small, but the boxes also say Medical Waste under the biohazard sign.

article-2711263-2022A79100000578-644_634x589.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members