GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just wasn't your usual plea from a parent that felt her child had been abducted .

Yes, lacked urgency, but maybe it's fatigue? The dreams line threw me a little, too. Seems like more motive on Abby's part to go missing. . . ? In any case, I'm with the thinking that it's hard to come home to all this--even if she's able.

I am thinking there is still so much more to this story then meets the eye.

Indeed. Still, this "running away to follow dreams"--how does that connect with the massive LE presence? Can't put the two together--unless the FBI was there at first and bowed out?

Yes, lacked urgency, but maybe it's fatigue? The dreams line threw me a little, too. Seems like more motive on Abby's part to go missing. . . ? In any case, I'm with the thinking that it's hard to come home to all this--even if she's able.

But doing a press conference just puts the case back in the news. If they want it to die down, that doesn't seem like a smart move. I also think that no matter when Abby comes back (if she did runaway) it will be a huge deal in North Conway. I bet Abby would be very worried about what her classmates, people she has to actually interact with, would say. Even if Abby comes home after the case leaves the media, well that put it right back in the media, as this is/was a pretty high-profile missing child case for the state/region. I feel at this point, it's too late to go back, where Abby could come home, and no one is interested.

Thank YOU JBlock... you have provided insight to me that was also so valuable.... I think each and every one of us have ALOT to contribute to this case and many many others!!!!! :loveyou:

Somehow I was drawn to this case. Probably because its the exact OPPOSITE of what I usually deal with. Small town, close-knit, not much to say. I really wish I had just a LITTLE piece of info from LE. Something to speculate on. At this point, I personally use LEs physical response, actions, verbal/written correspondence to media and public (lack of, I should say) to get a feel for this disappearance. I can tell you, from my personal experience only, that when you see/hear this little dissemination over this period of time, LE really doesn't know anymore than the public knows. If we even have a POI (a non-suspect - just someone who might have info) or possible suspect we almost always release that information. One reason being - if there is a suspect, another POI, or just someone who might know something - they know we're looking or speaking to someone, and they may feel more compelled to come forward w/ something.

I do understand that in that area/region, they certainly could take a completely different approach. In a huge city, nobody can "see it from their house", they have the as long as its not me, I want nothing to do with it attitude. They also live and die by the No Snitching Code. Again, the approach of the region in question is most likely significantly different in its info release. Even to the point of waiting for that once tiny piece of evidence to corroborate or provide PC to take further action. Unfortunately, if this is the tactic, they know they're not going to find a living victim. With even the slightest inclination that there may be a living abductee (Specific), you're kicking in doors no warrant to save a life. Deal w/ the aftermath later. This tells me (IMO). LE truly does have nothing.

I'm sure takeitfromme can provide much more insight on info released as it pertains to the Conway area.

It said the FBI was holding the press conference so I assume they are still involved. I don't know what to think anymore.

I have not changed my personal opinion at all.... I would love nothing more than to find out that abby ran away and is safe, i really feel that someone with bad intentions abducted her even luring her and then it resulting in abduction..... the LE response and how hard they are working on this truly leaves me to believe that 1) there is hope for her that she will be and 2) that there is more than the eye can see, and that someone may have her/took her..... even with todays press conference that is what i think.... i base this on personal experience, LE experience I have through my job and my instinct (gut feeling)

The sum of it all argues for meeting some person--or people--who reached out and said she could go with them, that they would support her. Maybe she's inside a group, now. The question is, then, how does a kid connect with people/person like that and not leave a significant social media signature somehow? Maybe that's where the trail leads--to some type of person or group that works in-person, is attractive to a girl with "dreams" or ideas, and was/has been/is in New Hampshire. So who's that?

If she ran away to follow her dreams. What could those dreams be? If its living in the woods being one w/ the earth, following Phish, joining a cult, etc, I can see her being completely off the radar. If her dreams were to seek stardom (sing, dance, act, model, etc), go to the "Big City", the biggest step in starting out is - Get Your Name And Face Out There. She would obviously be exposing herself. I wish we knew what those dreams are ...

I do not think the FBI is going anywhere until this case is solved.... Kieran Ramsey was there, right next to Jane Young... he just didn't speak

How many missing 14-15 year olds have that kind of FBI attention, though? All? Most? Some?

Somehow I was drawn to this case. Probably because its the exact OPPOSITE of what I usually deal with. Small town, close-knit, not much to say. I really wish I had just a LITTLE piece of info from LE. Something to speculate on. At this point, I personally use LEs physical response, actions, verbal/written correspondence to media and public (lack of, I should say) to get a feel for this disappearance. I can tell you, from my personal experience only, that when you see/hear this little dissemination over this period of time, LE really doesn't know anymore than the public knows. If we even have a POI (a non-suspect - just someone who might have info) or possible suspect we almost always release that information. One reason being - if there is a suspect, another POI, or just someone who might know something - they know we're looking or speaking to someone, and they may feel more compelled to come forward w/ something.

I do understand that in that area/region, they certainly could take a completely different approach. In a huge city, nobody can "see it from their house", they have the as long as its not me, I want nothing to do with it attitude. They also live and die by the No Snitching Code. Again, the approach of the region in question is most likely significantly different in its info release. Even to the point of waiting for that once tiny piece of evidence to corroborate or provide PC to take further action. Unfortunately, if this is the tactic, they know they're not going to find a living victim. With even the slightest inclination that there may be a living abductee (Specific), you're kicking in doors no warrant to save a life. Deal w/ the aftermath later. This tells me (IMO). LE truly does have nothing.

I'm sure takeitfromme can provide much more insight on info released as it pertains to the Conway area.

JBlock, I agree.... if this were in Machester, Nashua, Concord or Salem you would be right on, kicking in doors, asking questions later... that is city life/large town life and with that comes bigger more well trained and well resourced police departments that have everything available all under one roof..... when you get to the smaller communities that are away from the cities.... they need to reach out for the nearest and largest resources..... now Conway is a VERY busy place and for a PD with only about 20 officers they are VERY highly trained and have top-notch officers, but there are only so many of them and crime continues on..... and once the AG is involved regardless of the town or city, they and state police call the shots and when the FBI comes in those crews work together.... I don't know what they have but if it is even just a little bit they are not ready to release it and they are working it or..... they have nothing

If she ran away to follow her dreams. What could those dreams be? If its living in the woods being one w/ the earth, following Phish, joining a cult, etc, I can see her being completely off the radar. If her dreams were to seek stardom (sing, dance, act, model, etc), go to the "Big City", the biggest step in starting out is - Get Your Name And Face Out There. She would obviously be exposing herself. I wish we knew what those dreams are ...

Completely off the radar could be a choice.

I still wonder what that bible passage was all about a few weeks ago. Now the dreams and such, I really don't know what to think but running away wasn't my first thought of what's happened to Abby.

I sure wish she would come home if she's out there, or at least just let her parents know she's alive and unharmed, I think they'd be more than happy to know that just now, I don't think she can really understand just how scared they are and have been.

Abby hon, I really don't think there'as anything to be afraid of, just let your Mom and Dad know you're okay. Really.

I wish I thought that Abby ran away.

I just don't :(.

Sadly, I think that her parents' speaking as though Abby may be gone of her own free will is wishful thinking. Of course, there is the possibility that her parents know of information or reasons indicating Abby left on her own that the public is not aware of.

But just by what we know… I am afraid that Abby has not been alive for quite some time.

A case that is kind of similar to Abby's, but has gotten a different response, is Alexandria Lowtzer's. Ali disappeared after getting off her school bus. From what I've seen, the FBI was never involved in this case, and it doesn't seem like there was ever much manpower. There's also been a lack of media attention, due to the belief that she is a runaway, but her parents insist that she was abducted.

Now, Abby also went missing walking home from school. However, there were tons of FBI agents on her case right away, there was some national attention in the beginning, still local media interest, etc. Yet, the parents aren't out screaming that their child was abducted, but are behaving more like she's a runaway.

So why the difference in the two cases? I think that Abby got all of those resources for her case right away because there was something that said she was not a runaway. I also think what happened in Ali's case (little resources, little media) is most common for a missing teenager. I can think of many cases, where the parents are insisting their teen was abducted, but the police will not put a high level of resources into it, the media won't report on it, etc.

I don't think she's ran away. No-one in her school has said they think she ran away, she's left no computer trail to say she's ran away, she took nothing with her. Her parents probably don't want to think about the other option. So many young people run away every day, does LE take such an interest? Does the FBI come racing in?

I don't think she's ran away. No-one in her school has said they think she ran away, she's left no computer trail to say she's ran away, she took nothing with her. Her parents probably don't want to think about the other option. So many young people run away every day, does LE take such an interest? Does the FBI come racing in?

If the parents believe Abby was abducted, they need to make that loud and clear. The media and public is going to lose interest...They do not follow/care about cases of runaways. It doesn't matter if they don't want to face the reality that their child was abducted; pretending she wasn't is not going to make it not so. I don't understand this idea of behaving like your child is a runaway when instead they are being held by some crazed kidnapper or have been brutally murdered? Trying to sugarcoat it is not going to bring your child home. They need to start thinking about the "other option" if they want Abby to come home/get justice for her.

After six weeks those leading this case of missing Abby know everything about her. They know her hopes and dreams and who she loved and hated.

They have probably talked to every friend and their parents too.

They know things we can' t imagine about Abby but still she is gone.

I am still on the fence with this one.

I want to believe she is living in comfort with relatives but then I remember ; Amber,Jessica, Hailey and Dylan.

Personally, I'm wondering whether AH might be dealing with bipolar issues and needing to run away from everything for awhile. Might hold with why nothing has turned up as far as her bag, or personal belongings. It might also hold with her being seen with the other 2 individuals. There's a lot of places you can hide the further North you head - especially when tourist season is over (at least until the skiers arrive). For me, I'd rather think along this line of reason than an abduction / murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member