GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by SurfieTX, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. takeitfromme412

takeitfromme412 New Member

well, this is just my opinion but I believe they are involved due to the very strong possibility that she was abducted.... they were on scene in 24 hours... not days and days later

2. eileenhawkeye

eileenhawkeye Well-Known Member

I am thinking it was leaked too. I think if LE wanted it to come out, we would've heard about it first at the PC.

3. takeitfromme412

takeitfromme412 New Member

4. carolann0308

carolann0308 Well-Known Member

This leak sure makes sense of the parent's open letters and the AG's comment about no one else in NC being in any danger.
    I do not like the way this case has been handled at all. How many other cases has NH LE has dropped the ball on: Maura Murray, Celina Cass and now Abby.
    :banghead: Whether she was abducted or left on her own, it breaks my heart when I think of the stress and anxiety many of her classmates must be still going through. Concerned people deserved to hear the truth from day one. Think of the man hours volunteers have logged in looking for this child and raising money for the family. The mom's BFs FB page says a "month into it and still no clues". Did he not even know she had contacted her mother?
    I pray she is ok and will be home soon.

5. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I don't know. All they said was that the FBI became aware of the contact by AH just two weeks ago. I don't know if that means the contact happened 2 weeks ago? or if perhaps AH called her mom, but mom wasn't home and didn't know about it? She may have left a message for her mom on an answering machine, but Mom didn't hear it for a while because she wasn't checking messages? Perhaps she called Mom's cellphone and the cellphone has been in the hands of the FBI and they noticed it when they were checking something? There are many many reasons why they became aware of the contact 2 weeks ago that have nothing to do with Mom withholding information.

6. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I still think FBI involvement could be down to the fact that the Celina case was muffed and they felt a need to get Abigail home safely. In NM, where I live, the FBI gets involved in lots of cases that are normally considered FBI-type cases, just to add resources and try for the best result.

IMO it has been pretty clear for a while that LE did not think she was abducted. No one ever addressed a would-be kidnapper, always spoke directly to Abigail, IMO.

7. Dixie811

Dixie811 New Member

I have to admit I am surprised. (Although we don't know the details of what has actually happened yet, but apparently she is or at least was alive). I honestly believed that Abigail was killed the day she went missing, by someone she knew-- as we see in a lot of cases here.

8. CatFancier

CatFancier Former Member

I'm glad we have some news on Abby but honestly, "sources say" translates to published rumor to me.

Additionally, we are not going to assign any blame to her parents, discuss her friends' FB pages or talk about JDC and his comments about this. Rumor is not allowed.

Now let's hope the presser brings info that can bring her home, not just more rumor!

9. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

My personal opinion is this is a custody issue. Non custodial parent with some kind of secret past, job or security has Abby.

Abby may have left willingly or she could have been enticed by said parent to accompany him.

It's custody folks and somebody has egg on their face!

MOO

10. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Hanging head handing you the wet noodle....:facepalm:

11. skibaboo

skibaboo Mrs Map

Didn't know I said anything wrong, confused but it's all good. Need to sleep it's now 3am anybody got some sheep needs counting ? Lol

12. AmandaReckonwith

AmandaReckonwith Defective Detective

13. megan.sense

megan.sense New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong...Wouldn't the easiest explanation for FBIs early involvement be the proximity to the Maine border and the ability to cross state lines without running into jurisdiction issues?

14. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Or just crossing borders in general. Jurisdictional issues are a nightmarish headache.

15. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Ok, on the phone telling a friend about this and she says "I knew there was something strange going on". Says me, "you mean a missing child wasn't your fist clue?" Sigh. It's a long time until 11am.

16. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131205/NEWS03/131209559
    Investigators today plan to share new details in the search for missing Conway teenager Abigail Hernandez who disappeared Oct. 9.

"There is additional information in the investigation that we want to pass on to the public," Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane E. Young said Thursday. She would not comment on the nature of the information.

The FBI's Kieran Ramsey said, "We have developed more information that is more substantive, and we will be laying it out at the press conference. The fact remains that we are very concerned about her. She's a missing person and we are concerned for her safety."

When asked to elaborate further, Ramsey said, "That's why you have a press conference."

17. Alyssa2013

Alyssa2013 Member

I don't know how most people end messages to their parents, but Abigail's last message to her father does seem kind of strange, at least to me. She says, "I love you very, very, very much and that you will always be my dad." I don't know why she words it the way she does or why she uses "very" three times, seems out of character for someone just on a regular day with nothing happening. I can understand "I love you very much dad," but the way she words it...just kind of odd.

18. geevee

geevee Well-Known Stickie

Why would her Dad have read that bible verse a while back if he had her all along? I think that bible verse was speaking to whomever has her.

19. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

http://www.necn.com/12/05/13/FBI-NH...nding_mobile.html?blockID=859243&feedID=11106

Law enforcement officials say a 15-year-old North Conway girl who vanished two months ago on her way home from high school was in contact with her mother after she disappeared.

Abigail Hernandez was last seen Oct. 9 after leaving Kennett High School. Police say she walked her normal route toward home and sent several text messages.

WMUR-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1bKV4Hm ) that the FBI said it developed information a couple of weeks ago that she had been in touch with her mother after she disappeared but not recently.

Special agent Kieran Ramsey said, "We don't know that she is well or safe by any means. In fact, we have grave concerns for her safety."

Officials plan to release new information at a news conference on Friday.

20. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I think you're assuming that message was sent the day she disappeared and I'm not sure it's been said when AH sent her Dad that, and I believe it was a letter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.