GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping for some good news today. I believe LE held this onto this info, see what they can find out of it. I also believe this is why the hurry in the search. Above, they mention it was her usual route home.

Why would her Dad have read that bible verse a while back if he had her all along? I think that bible verse was speaking to whomever has her.

I think that verse was something only she would know and he was probably communicating with her and then wanted verification it was indeed her.

I think she had communication with both of them!

I don't know how most people end messages to their parents, but Abigail's last message to her father does seem kind of strange, at least to me. She says, "I love you very, very, very much and that you will always be my dad." I don't know why she words it the way she does or why she uses "very" three times, seems out of character for someone just on a regular day with nothing happening. I can understand "I love you very much dad," but the way she words it...just kind of odd.

Maybe MOM was going to remarry.
Maybe Dad felt shut out by BF?
Dad jealous of bf status in family.
Abby says he will always be her father!

I think its kind of normal! JMO

While I'm not at all convinced that Abby's necessarily been abducted (and certainly not convinced of the motive if she has been) I could see

I don't imagine it'd be far fetched for someone to think perhaps someone thought they could use Abby as a pawn for something (money, I'd think would be most likely) in a ransom type abduction attempt. Whether it could be a motive for a possible abduction or something someone hatched up afterward (maybe seeing media and thinking that it'd make someone more likely to be of good value as a pawn).

And I could see a desperate loved one saying if they had proof she was alive they'd pay - and then an abductor letting there be some form of communication.

And if, as I'm sure happens in cases like this, she'd certainly have been told by LE NOT to pay the ransom and let them handle it w/ the person or whatever (but the loved ones likely being told if they go to LE they'd do something drastic/harmful/whatever) and someone perhaps providing the ransom amount.

And maybe somehow LE found out (or they decided to finally tell about it when she wasn't released) and LE is acting in response to that or changing tactics in light of it?

And if that were all the case, then maybe there is some strategy to letting it become public now?

It at least seems that there's SOME degree of strategy to it.

After all, I think saying that they don't know where she is and the 'grave concerns about her safety' would potentially almost be a taunt to whomever she may be held with.

Although on one hand it could be that they are saying it to hope to get their guard down by saying they don't know where she is, etc. (so making someone perhaps think LE was way off track and nowhere near finding anything out) Or could cause them to want to prove LE wrong (for whatever motive that might be on their part) and so releasing her just to make LE look clueless or...something.

On the other hand, I worry, because from my (very limited and not LE trained perspective) I look at that as potentially seen as an act of provocation on LE's behalf by saying what the press release said, thus causing someone to be mad and then either prove them right or just do what they may have attended from the beginning (meaning abduction not for ransom or something).

But then that obviously seems like it's something there is NO WAY they'd ever want to chance having happen, so it makes me think there's got to be something strategic to this in SOME way.

Even if they had to do it b/c of a leak, they could have acknowledged learning this but not emphasize their concern for her safety.

And they also could have done it without almost throwing her mom under the bus - because like it or not, I think there's no denying there will be people who either only hear this first part and not the presser or who just won't believe whatever else may be coming info wise, and will just latch onto the part about it just coming to light/being learned a couple of weeks ago, and then take that on as mom obstructing things or something. They could have even just said she had contact with SOMEONE and not specifying mom. And I don't think LE want to do that (throw mom under the bus) either - unless they think it's familial or something.

So I think there is far more of a strategic bent to this than not. Because they had a WHOLE lot of ways to respond if it was a leak they didn't really want out that didn't do - or risk doing - many of the above possibilities, and I can't imagine they'd do it intentionally.

Like Catfancier said, at this point all we have are "sources" who said ZH received a phone call. The problem with "sources" is that they can be a little off. There's every possibility AH was able to get some kind of message to ZH, but that LE had to confirm it was AH. That would explain how this contact would have been part of an investigation and yet something ZH didn't know about and wasn't able to talk about. I don't believe ZH would have kept that from LE. There are, I'm sure, things she is keeping from the public, but I do believe she is being totally forthcoming with LE. The body language between ZH and LE says, to me, that she's being totally cooperative. I don't believe she was at first, and I believe it was more a case of not trusting them to be able to do the right thing not that she was in any way being evasive. 11am still seems like a long way away and I hope by then the news they have is that AH is now on her way home and the family would appreciate privacy at this time. Once this girl is home, I could care less if we ever know the full story. Don't care, don't need to know, don't want anything but that she's home safe. After hearing about the body found in Portsmouth and what all of went through that night listening to scanners and watching the news, I was emotionally done. This "contact" whatever it was is good news and I'm smiling.

Why would her Dad have read that bible verse a while back if he had her all along? I think that bible verse was speaking to whomever has her.

When I read that I thought he said that so if she sent a message they would know for sure it was her as he and she only knew what that verse would be..

Anyone else wondering why LE wasn't wiretapping ZH's phone when the call came in, so it could have been traced immediately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has it been stated they weren't anywhere by LE or on MSM? NOWHERE does it say she withheld this information. They've known about the call for a period of time now. I don't understand why you are speaking as though it is fact they weren't doing this.

Two hours and 20 minutes... Im on the edge of my seat here.. And at work, so probably wont be able to watch the news conference. : /

Anyone else wondering why LE wasn't wiretapping ZH's phone when the call came in, so it could have been traced immediately?

Think about this statement for a second..... do you honestly think that if they had wiretaps in place that LE would broadcast that to the public??? Really??? Ummm, no I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make it public.... so why are you assuming they never attempted to trace calls and stuff..... this is a law enforcement investigation....

Has it been stated they weren't anywhere by LE or on MSM? NOWHERE does it say she withheld this information. They've known about the call for a period of time now. I don't understand why you are speaking as though it is fact they weren't doing this.

Assuming you're addressing my post(s)...the wording in the article made it sound like ZH didn't share the info with LE but that LE detected it. Obviously, I don't know if that's true. May be poor choice of words and nothing else.

If the call had been wiretapped and immediately traced, could LE have alerted local police in whatever town to the location? I'm asking? I was assuming LE had this kind of technology.

I'm hoping they will announce she is home. Maybe they got her last night or earlytoday.

Think about this statement for a second..... do you honestly think that if they had wiretaps in place that LE would broadcast that to the public??? Really??? Ummm, no I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make it public.... so why are you assuming they never attempted to trace calls and stuff..... this is a law enforcement investigation....

Not broadcast it to the public but send local police to the location???.,,???...

We don't know that wasn't the case. But if she called from a burner phone, tracing the call would yield no immediate results. Maybe none at all. Maybe that's the info that was "developed". That's IF she contacted her mom by phone in the first place. We'll have to wait and see.

The "contact" may not have been in the form of a phone call. It may have been an email, or snail mail or a posting on her fb, or a variety of different things. My guess, and it's just a guess, is that ZH received a letter or written message from someone claiming to be AH and they had to investigate it to insure it was AH.

The "contact" may not have been in the form of a phone call. It may have been an email, or snail mail or a posting on her fb, or a variety of different things. My guess, and it's just a guess, is that ZH received a letter or written message from someone claiming to be AH and they had to investigate it to insure it was AH.

A written message would be great. LE would at least have the post office stamp to know where she was at some point.

Typing as I think...

Why is the news conference so late? Why not 8 or 9am? Are they following up on something? Are they bringing her home?

Why is the conference in Concord and not Conway? Is it because she will be home and they don't want the media there?

IF she ran away or left of her own free will, I think she'll have a tough time returning to school. Reading comments on media pages, some parents are ticked off. Some are going to feel they were in fear for their own children for no reason, they will talk crap in front of their kids, and their kids will be jerks in school.

FBI has stated she "has not been found". And they have "grave concerns"

As of about 6pm last night she had not been found. Have they reiterated that since? Not saying they HAVE found her, but a lot can happen in 12+ hours.

Grave danger? From someone (RSO, druggie) or to herself (suicidal, drugs, etc).

I really hope this is a positive new conference and that they are close to bringing her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!