NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female, 23-33, & 3 Children, under 11, Nov'85 & May'00 #3

Bringing out the very old map ... if their is a newer map please post.

View attachment 281225

The map starts around 33:29 mark Louisiana is in their noted 70's. Nothing more was ever mentioned about it way back in 2017. Maybe he mentioned Louisiana to some one or it could have been he worked for a short period there. Who knows ......... It would not surprise me that TPR came over to work on a project for Brown & root during his time with them. Brown & Root (KBR) had a strong presence in Louisiana that connected over to TX.

Last edited:
Not if they were locked away in the room that TPR didn't want anybody to enter. It was mentioned somewhere in the last thread.

Sorry, I'm not following what you're saying. What in particular in my post is this referring to? Who said they were locked in a room? Is this a fact?

The map starts around 33:29 mark Louisiana is in their noted 70's. Nothing more was ever mentioned about it way back in 2017. Maybe he mentioned Louisiana to some one or it could have been he worked for a short period there. Who knows ......... It would not surprise me that TPR came over to work on a project for Brown & root during his time with them. Brown & Root (KBR) had a strong presence in Louisiana that connected over to TX.

Thanks, Folie. I must have missed the mention of LA. I wonder in what context that state came up?

Sorry, I'm not following what you're saying. What in particular in my post is this referring to? Who said they were locked in a room? Is this a fact?
I think it was mentioned somewhere in the last thread that TPR had a room (either in his house or workplace, I can't remember which) that he didn't let anyone enter. It was just speculation, but you never know, especially since that I believe Marie's autopsy was correct about the age that she died (9 1/2 to 10 1/2), which would have put her death at between May '81 and May '82.

I think it was mentioned somewhere in the last thread that TPR had a room (either in his house or workplace, I can't remember which) that he didn't let anyone enter. It was just speculation, but you never know, especially since that I believe Marie's autopsy was correct about the age that she died (9 1/2 to 10 1/2), which would have put her death at between May '81 and May '82.

I recall it mentioned TPR had a room at the mill he kept under lock and key.
Not sure of the source or of its validity.

My post was positing the idea that perhaps school records should be searched again, this time with a name, to see if Marie attended school while they were in NH. My reason for suggesting this was to help narrow down the timeline, should her name be found. At least now investigators would have more to go on.

Guys, I just saw an update on a FB group from one of CLB x SL's descendent (great grandson), and he said he submitted his DNA , and he was not a close enough match. He believes that JD's mother must be from another mitchell x livings pairing aside from CLB x SL or EMB x JG. :( He said he did not know another one existed, so he is trying to do some digging himself. sigh. I thought we were so close....

Guys, I just saw an update on a FB group from one of CLB x SL's descendent (great grandson), and he said he submitted his DNA , and he was not a close enough match. He believes that JD's mother must be from another mitchell x livings pairing aside from CLB x SL or EMB x JG. :( He said he did not know another one existed, so he is trying to do some digging himself. sigh. I thought we were so close....

Aw man,, I hadn't seen this. What FB group was this mentioned in?

Aw man,, I hadn't seen this. What FB group was this mentioned in?
It's a private group called Bear Brook Murders and Bob Evans case discussion. You have to ask to join. I also just saw on the Pearl River County Sheriff's office's public fb page that more relatives are likely going to be tested soon. So stay tune!

The more I look into the family trees, the more I realized both livings and mitchells are a biggggg family, and most of the descendants stay around in town, so I am wondering how helpful this information actually is, if everyone in town is distantly related to each other. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks, that would make sense as to why I couldn't find it. That's too bad, I was thinking we so close, as well. Those families are both huge - I'm hopeful we find some resolution to this soon.

Maybe with individuals taking DNA tests and uploading them?

I figured BRV had already explored this Mitchell-Livings line and hit a brick wall and decided to put it out to the public. It didn't take a genius to figure it out. A lot of it is right there, out in the open, on find-a-grave.
I'm glad to hear a gr grandson submitted his DNA. It's cool so many people are helping.
It's also possible the Mitchell-Livings pairing might not be a known one, ie, a skeleton in the closet. Some names in that line appear over and over again.

Gosh, I hope is not like the EDJD case, a possible illegitimate child that no one knew about. Pray not.

It's a private group called Bear Brook Murders and Bob Evans case discussion. You have to ask to join. I also just saw on the Pearl River County Sheriff's office's public fb page that more relatives are likely going to be tested soon. So stay tune!

The more I look into the family trees, the more I realized both livings and mitchells are a biggggg family, and most of the descendants stay around in town, so I am wondering how helpful this information actually is, if everyone in town is distantly related to each other. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I've actually found descendants that have moved to GA, AL, LA, TX, CA, etc.

These are big families and you're going down many generations. Which doesn't bother me. I'm a historian and a genetic genealogist and I'm currently working on a project untangling a couple Irish lines that go back even farther.

But the DNA testing info for the SL/CB line is useful to have at least, I'd been focusing on building out farther and now that time probably isn't wasted.

These are big families and you're going down many generations. Which doesn't bother me. I'm a historian and a genetic genealogist and I'm currently working on a project untangling a couple Irish lines that go back even farther.

But the DNA testing info for the SL/CB line is useful to have at least, I'd been focusing on building out farther and now that time probably isn't wasted.

Glad to hear all is not lost, I am clearly just an amateur, so good to hear it from the experts.

On a side note, how does one become a genetic genealogist? I have a background in life science and this seem very fascinating to me.

I don't know how you do it. I get sooo confused.

I am related to Thomas Mitchell's granddaughter (EMB) and Catherine Danielley (and others in the genealogy) in various distant cousin ways, mostly through shared ancestors. I called the lead guy on this case and gave him my gedmatch or familytreedna # (forgot which he asked for). I think I am way too far away to help. It is so disappointing to read Thomas' great grandson was too far away. Alot of our trees were/are latter day saints (such as EMB), so we do have a huge family and my own side personally were polygamous and married cousins multiple times over and such (both of my grandparents and both of my parents are distantly related and did not know it until I looked at genealogy). I do believe this family co-married as well, you can tell by the last names. I wouldn't be surprised if I am related closer, but my family genealogy is huge and complicated- each one of my paternal grandparents had nine or ten siblings each and so forth. I have been trying to figure it out on 23andme with shared cousins. I know I have tons of last named Mitchells on there.

I am related to Thomas Mitchell's granddaughter (EMB) and Catherine Danielley (and others in the genealogy) in various distant cousin ways, mostly through shared ancestors. I called the lead guy on this case and gave him my gedmatch or familytreedna # (forgot which he asked for). I think I am way too far away to help. It is so disappointing to read Thomas' great grandson was too far away. Alot of our trees were/are latter day saints (such as EMB), so we do have a huge family and my own side personally were polygamous and married cousins multiple times over and such (both of my grandparents and both of my parents are distantly related and did not know it until I looked at genealogy). I do believe this family co-married as well, you can tell by the last names. I wouldn't be surprised if I am related closer, but my family genealogy is huge and complicated- each one of my paternal grandparents had nine or ten siblings each and so forth. I have been trying to figure it out on 23andme with shared cousins. I know I have tons of last named Mitchells on there.

Thank you for providing your information. The LDS and polygamy is could make this an even bigger, tangled ball for the genealogy experts to work through. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you are closer and your genetics could move this case a step closer to the Middle Child's mother.

You bring up a very good point, especially considering some of the Mitchell-Livings religious beliefs. My great aunt's, a genealogist, biggest complaint was widowers remarrying and having more children with their new wives, and giving their children the same names of the children he had with the first wife. And then trying to sort out which Abigail Smith went to which wife, 1 or 2, sometimes 3. Now, I haven't done a deep dive into this heritage like some have, but I'm not seeing remarriages due to death of a spouse here in abundance with what little I've done. That could be due to longevity, but how would polygamous unions and births be documented/recorded?

OT: My lineage/family history is so very different from this family. Smaller families, marrying strangers from out of town wholly unconnected by blood to the family, not so longevity, etc. Also, my ancestors moved around a lot.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back