NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by assaf1981, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jarjar

jarjar Member

I have a feeling they are close to identifying 3/4 victims in this case. I came across a name somewhere on fb and submitted it on namus in which they said they have received the same tip and are investigating it. The person and her 2 daughters were never reported missing and the timeline fits. Another site mentioned this same.person and I noticed it was suddenly taken down mid october and i kind of see other things that are a bit cryptic . I just see a lot of hints going on but I'm just going on a hunch here because I want these.victims get their name back and bring closure to these families

2. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Yeah, it sure seems like something is happening behind the scenes. LE has been very busy, not just with this case but with all the New Hampshire missing and unidentified. Here's hoping we hear some news soon.

3. jarjar

jarjar Member

I guess maybe we will find out in a month or so, i know dna was taken from the family but I just have a deep feeling this is it.

4. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

I pray if the tip about the missing woman and daughters pans out, that their family may know or recall something about the middle child. It's a slim hope, but I'm clinging to it, cuz you never know.

5. outlawcountry911

outlawcountry911 Fishing nude

I saw that there’s a rumor going around that they’re testing a family in this case

6. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

Yes, lots of rumours but silence in media.

Anyone heard any updates from genealogist Barbara Rae-Venter on this case? Or can ask her how it is going?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  7. Alleykins

I must live under a rock, I haven't seen or heard any rumors, except for folks stating they're hearing about them with not citing of their sources.
    Not a fan of the "I know something you don't know".

8. LeenC

LeenC Well-Known Member

You’re not the only one who hasn’t heard anything. This is a case that I’ve followed since long before I joined Websleuths, but for some reason I always felt like it would never be solved. I hope to be proven wrong.

9. Lorena

Lorena Member

The Facebook page for it addressed the rumors and confirmed thatth family is being tested, but that they will not name the family and want to respect their privacy .They may or may not end up being related to the Allentown victims . Their missing family members were never reported missing.

They're suggesting to help solve the case, to go on the ancestry boards and look for missing family members that fit the time frame and location . Lots of people have family they thought they just lost touch with that now decades later they're trying to find.

10. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

I don't think sources to rumours could be cited here but in brief it is mainly on FB and mainly about people being excited about latest submissions. Some do believe this could be it. Below post I quoted sum it up.

I personally am much more sceptical about those rumours (and would love to be proven wrong) but very excited about official news that DNA testing on A4 is being successfull this time around and finally progressing after so many years. Due to this I do have big hope geneaologist Barbara can and will work it out who they are sooner or later.

11. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Sorry. I intended it in the exact opposite meaning: I know almost nothing, but what little I have, I'll share with the others who work so hard and care so much on this case, even if it's only reassurance that something is happening.

12. Alleykins

No need to apologize. I appreciate all you do.

13. LucyOso

LucyOso Verified Registered Nurse

Do we have more information on this?

Legally Bland and Laughing like this.
  14. outlawcountry911

Sounds like there’s is truth to the rumor that a family is being tested in this case

Legally Bland likes this.
  15. taramarie

taramarie Well-Known Member

Here’s what’s going on...

A man posted on a FB page made to publicize Terry Peder Rasmussen that he was looking for his ex-wife and daughter who he said he hadn’t seen since 1976. He said his ex-wife’s mother said she had left with a Terry Rasmussen. The post has since been taken down. The woman has 2 daughters, the oldest being the daughter the man who posted is looking for, in addition to a younger daughter with her second husband. Ages seem to match with what is known about the victims. The families have been searching for them all for at least two decades online. It appears that family has been in contact with LE and has submitted dna for comparison. Now we wait.

Knowing that we may know who the victims are soon is a very strange feeling. Of course we all want the victims to be given their names back, but what a terrible fate.

If this does provide answers, at least we know they were loved and were not forgotten by their family members.

Hopefully Barbara Rae-Venter is making progress with her dna analysis of the middle child.

16. Alleykins

Thanks, taramarie.

j_in_c, Legally Bland and taramarie like this.
  17. outlawcountry911

So far it sounds like a strong lead

18. Alleykins

I hope progress is being made on the middle child, too.

19. taramarie

taramarie Well-Known Member

This sounds promising, so I feel hopeful that they will all have their names back by the end of 2019 <3

20. Stephen2016

Stephen2016 Well-Known Member

Hopefully something soon. The waiting for sn answer is so tough. I can imagine how the families must feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.