NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #3

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by assaf1981, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Most people drink bottled water now, but that's a relatively recent change in consumer habits. Tap water consumption was surpassed by carbonated beverages in the 1980s, and then bottled water overtook over carbonated beverages in the past thirty or so years. But even with the rise in popularity of soda and bottled water, it doesn't mean folks stopped drinking or using tap water altogether for use in cooking, brewing coffee or powdered drink mixes. Kool-Aid was huge when I was growing up in the 70s and 80s, and we took the water right from the faucet. And I beg to differ on the well water. It's what I use. I find it difficult to believe I'm the only person in the US who consumes well water, so if you have a source for that verified fact, please post the link. Thank you.

2. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I too grew up on well water. Where I’m from (TX) a lot of people preferred that over anything. Some still do.

3. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I think that's true over much of the west. My Montana family definitely all drink mostly well water.

Laughing, Suglo and MadMcGoo like this.
  4. onceuponadecember

onceuponadecember Well-Known Member

I think that we shouldn't consider the locations but rather the timeline it gives us. No, it probably isn't accurate in terms of locations, but in terms of developing a timeline, it's probably accurate.

MadMcGoo and Laughing like this.
  5. Winstigator23

Winstigator23 Member

That's funny, because I grew up in the 90s in another country and came to the US in the early 2000s and all my American friends in New Hampshire drink tap water.

6. detective_kenzie3

detective_kenzie3 Member

The documentary on Netflix is very informative The Chameleon killer Terry Rasmussen was found guilty of killing the children and the woman found in the barrels. He has gone by several different names and it wouldn't be surprising if he had more names and identities and victims out there. The woman and her 2 children were identified, but there was one child that was the killers daughter (Terry's) and she has yet to be identified and her mother has not come forward or been found ( I am guessing she was also murdered by Terry, but was placed some where else)[​IMG]
    He was also found guilty of murdering another woman in California that he was living with. He seemed to have traveled frequently. Due to geneological advances they found that his daughter the one that was murdered by him, her maternal side has family in Mississippi and that he came around in the early 1970's with a young girl and a woman named Elizabeth? that might be the name of the woman he had his child with. She was Asian/ Mexican/ Native American decent.

squish, MadMcGoo and Alleykins like this.
  7. carbuff

cvaldez1975, Al Ka, gnomony and 10 others like this.
  8. Tired Professor

Tired Professor Well-Known Member

What is the name of the documentary? I definitely want to check that out!

renee_ellis and MadMcGoo like this.
  9. detective_kenzie3

detective_kenzie3 Member

It was a very well put together documentary. There was times I did have to look up the relationship of the victims that were found though
    [​IMG]

10. detective_kenzie3

detective_kenzie3 Member

thank you for the clarification you are correct he was not found guilty, but very likely the cases are connected with him

renee_ellis, MadMcGoo and carbuff like this.
  11. Tired Professor

Tired Professor Well-Known Member

Thank you!

12. carbuff

Yeah I think there's zero chance he wasn't the killer, and zero chance he didn't kill several others, including Denise Beaudin and probably the middle child's mother.

cvaldez1975, squish, Suglo and 6 others like this.
  13. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

When he was going by the name Bob Evans in NH he had shared an apt and received mail for a woman named Elizabeth Evans. This was shortly before he met Denise. I had always thought Elizabeth was Marlyse Honeychurch (the woman in the barrels in Bear Brook) because her middle name was Elizabeth.

cvaldez1975, Laughing, Al Ka and 3 others like this.
  14. squish

squish Well-Known Member

The middle child was primarily of European descent, and we don't know how much of this admixture she had (I think she also had black admixture). If it was a very low percentage, it might not be relevant in identifying her mother, as the mother might have also had a very European appearance, and no non-white ancestors in living memory. In fact I would worry if the middle child is over 95% white, it might even be putting people off from thinking that their missing, presumed white loved one has anything to do with this case if the non-white admixture is drawn attention to too much.

While I'm on the subject do we even know this admixture came from the MC's mother? Could it have come from Rasmussen?

15. CaffienatedOwl

CaffienatedOwl Well-Known Member

I live in NH - I drink tap water. Have for the last 10+ years!

Laughing, Warwick1991 and carbuff like this.
  16. squish

squish Well-Known Member

This is how I see it too. We don’t know where Marlyse and her children were, but we do know they must have had a big change in what they ingested for 3-7 months, before the 3 weeks to 2 months prior to their deaths when they started to ingest something else.

Laughing, renee_ellis and annemc2 like this.
  17. Eddie99

Eddie99 Well-Known Member

What attribute are you seeing in the isotope testing, that leads you to belive it can establish a time line?

18. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

This timeline came up during the q & a period of a 2015 press conference, mentioned by the attorney general, but he was cut off by someone asking a question and never got a chance to elaborate or give specific attributes pertaining to it.

Laughing likes this.
  19. onceuponadecember

onceuponadecember Well-Known Member

Something tells me TPR didn’t stay with them (Marlyse and her family) until 1980 - he definitely had a thing with disposing single moms just a few months after he started a relationship with them.

carbuff likes this.
  20. squish

squish Well-Known Member

But it’s known that on Thanksgiving 1978 Marlyse and her daughters left California with Rasmussen and they never saw her family again.

Also, Rasmussen had a girlfriend who he called “Elizabeth” when he lived at Allenstown. Since this is Marlyse’s middle name some believe Elizabeth may be Marlyse.

This Elizabeth signed a letter on behalf of Rasmussen (Bob Evans) in January 1980.

During arrests in February and June 1980, he listed his spouses name as Elizabeth, but in an October 1980 arrest he doesn’t list a spouses name.

If this is accurate, and Elizabeth is Marlyse, they could have been killed between June-October 1980.

A few more disjointed thoughts:

—————————————

When talking to fellow Bear Brook residents, Rasmussen was said to have once’s referred to his pregnant girlfriend in disparaging terms.

This could have been Marlyse, if she had had another pregnancy but lost the baby, Middle Child’s mother if she had another pregnancy, or Denise Beaudin who appears pregnant in a 1981 photograph of her (I don’t know enough about her to know if she was definitely pregnant at that time).

————————————

It’s clear from the long philtrum and upturned nose that MC shared these features with her father. I wonder if it would be worth looking at photos of her half siblings at the same age, to get a more accurate reconstruction?