NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
"....1973 April RASMUSSEN arrested by Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.

1975 June RASMUSSEN is arrested in Phoenix, Arizona for aggravated assault.It is believed that his wife and children left him shortly after this arrest.

1975 or 1976, December RASMUSSEN arrives unexpectedly to visit his wife and children inPayson, AZ. He is in the company of an unidentified female.RASMUSSEN indicates he was living at the Casa Del Rey Apartmentsin Ingleside, TX. This is the last time RASMUSSEN’s family eversees him..."

https://www.doj.nh.gov/media-center.../20171102-information-allenstown-timeline.pdf

Petition for divorce was filed 10/1977 in California ... granted 1978 ... Terry apparently worked for a company out of texas till 06/78 when he left for another job.

Thank you, that shows the timeline changed a bit since the forensic mag article. I still think this all points to an unstable relationship. If he left and came back multiple times during the marriage it would be harder to remember the year when they finally separated prior to the divorce. Finding the arrest dates may have jogged his ex-wife's memory. JMO.

Yes, the middle child was in NH with the other victims two weeks to three months prior to her death. Before that, she was in her home isotope area.

Indeed my friend that is the question is where was she prior to the 2 wks - 3 mths ... should could be in those boxes or anywhere on the isotope map CA, NM, AZ, OR .....the list goes on.

Have they ever mentioned how long Terry worked in Texas for that company ? If they know he worked there and why he left how is it they don't know how long he worked there? Or are they not saying ?

1978 June RASMUSSEN works for the “Brown & Root” Company in Houston,TX. Record indicates RASMUSSEN “quit to work elsewhere.”

1978 RASMUSSEN contacts friend in Arizona and asks for money. Hestates he is in Texas working on an oil rig.

1978 September 28 Divorce finalized. RASMUSSEN’s whereabouts unknown.

1978 - 1979 (approx.) RASMUSSEN worked at Waumbec Mills as head electrician. He is nowknown as Bob Evans.

https://www.doj.nh.gov/media-center.../20171102-information-allenstown-timeline.pdf

Waumbec announced in 08/1980 they were closing the mill expected to vacate the building in 2 months October of 1980. Believe it was verified that he worked in dismantling waumbec working under the owner of the Allenstown property. what I don't get is if he is working as a head electrician why was he bouncing checks and being arrested for that and theft of services. .. Also i find it interesting that he goes to court on charges to a Robert Evans , even though that was an alias, must of been pretty confident or not worried that they would find out he was actually
Terrance.

attachment.php
Nashua Telegraph August 5th 1980.

Attachments

• colsedCROP-aug05-3-1980.png
    colsedCROP-aug05-3-1980.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 114
How a mummified body helped unravel the Allenstown murders

https://www.fox25boston.com/news/ne...lped-unravel-the-allenstown-murders/747980623

New England's Unsolved's Bob Ward traveled to an undisclosed location out of state, to talk to the retired investigator who finally caught Terry Rasmussen: the serial killer behind the Allenstown, New Hampshire murders. A woman and three children who were found in those barrels.

They're identities are still unknown.

But a mummified body, found in cat litter in a California crawl space helped unravel the mystery.

FBI, Manchester PD Conduct Search Related To 1980 Missing Persons Case

http://nhpr.org/post/fbi-manchester-pd-conduct-search-related-1980-missing-persons-case#stream/0

Assistant Attorney General Jeff Strelzin says the renewed interest in the Daneault case is thanks to recent developments in another unsolved case. In that case, the bodies of four people believed to have been murdered around the time Daneault went missing were found inside barrels in the woods in Bear Brook State Park in Allenstown.

“Right now we don’t believe the two cases are connected. The only connection is that the interest in the Rasmussen generated interest in the Daneault case

Authorities to search West Side woods again in probe to find Denise Daneault, who disappeared 38 years ago

http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20180514/NEWS03/180519690

At the time of her disappearance, Daneault was living across town at 343 Hayward St.

That would put her on the same street as Terry Peder Rasmussen, the serial killer whom authorities have said went by the name Bob Evans and who killed a woman and three children.

Their remains were discovered in Allenstown near Bear Brook Park in separate searches in 1985 and 2000.

Rasmussen was living at 975 Hayward St. in late November 1981 when he left town with Denise Beaudin, who was 23 at the time, and her young daughter.

Have they ever mentioned how long Terry worked in Texas for that company ? If they know he worked there and why he left how is it they don't know how long he worked there? Or are they not saying ?

It was stated in press that he was in Houston Texas for 6 month. I have asked here previously if June 1978 was when he started or left and general consensus here was that he probably left in June. I have not seen that officially confirmed though.

Stephen2016 said:
1978 June RASMUSSEN works for the “Brown & Root” Company in Houston,TX. Record indicates RASMUSSEN “quit to work elsewhere.”

1978 RASMUSSEN contacts friend in Arizona and asks for money. Hestates he is in Texas working on an oil rig.

1978 September 28 Divorce finalized. RASMUSSEN’s whereabouts unknown.

1978 - 1979 (approx.) RASMUSSEN worked at Waumbec Mills as head electrician. He is nowknown as Bob Evans.

Waumbec announced in 08/1980 they were closing the mill expected to vacate the building in 2 months October of 1980. Believe it was verified that he worked in dismantling waumbec working under the owner of the Allenstown property. what I don't get is if he is working as a head electrician why was he bouncing checks and being arrested for that and theft of services. .. Also i find it interesting that he goes to court on charges to a Robert Evans , even though that was an alias, must of been pretty confident or not worried that they would find out he was actually
Terrance.

Original articles way back quoted that Terry worked in Waumbeck from 1977 - 1981. Last year that timeframe disintagrated and we only know that he worked there for some time (nobody knows exactly when or how long). Earliest confimed date of him in NH is Dec 1979 and I have seen that date quoted that he might have worked there then.

We have also questioned here previously if he had good job how come all the petty thefts and there were discussions and suggestions here. My personal thought was/is that he was in NH area somewhere (BearBrook RV park maybe?) and he got Hawyard house only shortly after starting Waumbec job. Again, nobody here or official could confirm when he actually moved to that house. (I thought that should not be too difficult to dig out). Again we only know that he was definitely in that house by Dec 1979.

Him going to court under different name and being confident (quite interesting) - there was also discussion here way back about false/fake identity vs stolen (real) identity. If he had paperwork he would not worry that much.
We know his Curtis Kimball name was stolen (real) identity, so he very likely had paperwork for that name. It was also confirmed by real Curtis Kimball that his paperwork was stolen (in Texas or Georgia? Can't remember now).

Larry Vanneer might have been fake identity as he never produced any paperwork for that name - e.g arrests in 1998 in CA for driving without licence/paperwork under that name.

Another thing what I was wondering - his 3 arrests in 1980 while in Hayward house -

1980, February - RASMUSSEN arrested in Manchester, NH as Robert T. Evans for issuing a bad check on 12/21/1979 (insufficient funds).
1980, May - Robert T. Evans arrested in Manchester, NH for theft of services (electricity).
1980, October - Robert T. Evans arrested in Manchester, NH as for diverting electric current.

His 3 arrests in 1980 while in Hayward house - would not he spend some time in jail (weeks, month?) each time? And after 3 arrests or probably some more previously which we are unaware of, would not he be under some kind of probation period? Another reason why to skip town and change name again? Interestingly after 1980 no known arrests in whole 1981 year in NH?

His 3 arrests in 1980 while in Hayward house - would not he spend some time in jail (weeks, month?) each time? And after 3 arrests or probably some more previously which we are unaware of, would not he be under some kind of probation period? Another reason why to skip town and change name again? Interestingly after 1980 no known arrests in whole 1981 year in NH?
Al Ka post #708, snp'd for focus

You bring up a good point. From what we can tell, the mill closed sometime in 1980. I would imagine he had to have some form of employment until he left Manchester sometime after Thanksgiving in 1981. Would odd jobs sustain him until then, covering his rent and drinking habit? It makes me wonder if he didn't have another somewhat steady, real job between the mill closure and their departure, possibly under another assumed name. That could be why we don't hear about him from that time until he resurfaces again in CA in 1984. There could be another name out there we're not yet aware of.

Those offenses weren't considered very serious at the time. Most likely he said he was sorry and made restitution, and got a suspended sentence, or possibly even had the charge dismissed.

I think he might not have been living in one of the official apartments at that address. I think he might have moved into the basement or pulled a camper trailer into the yard or something like that, and hooked it up to the building's electricity without permission. Since he was apparently a good electrician, that wouldn't have been very hard. And didn't he do something similar while he was living in California? Or am I remembering wrong?

<RSBM for focus>

Another thing what I was wondering - his 3 arrests in 1980 while in Hayward house -

1980, February - RASMUSSEN arrested in Manchester, NH as Robert T. Evans for issuing a bad check on 12/21/1979 (insufficient funds).
1980, May - Robert T. Evans arrested in Manchester, NH for theft of services (electricity).
1980, October - Robert T. Evans arrested in Manchester, NH as for diverting electric current.

It just occurred to me-- did someone bail him out for these arrests? I agree that (if no one posted bail) it seems like he would have spent several weeks or months in jail in 1980. If someone posted bail, then who? Or are these offenses so small that he would be fined and released in a matter of days? What were the usual sentences for these type of charges in 1980? Anyone know?

It just occurred to me-- did someone bail him out for these arrests? I agree that (if no one posted bail) it seems like he would have spent several weeks or months in jail in 1980. If someone posted bail, then who? Or are these offenses so small that he would be fined and released in a matter of days? What were the usual sentences for these type of charges in 1980? Anyone know?

I'm thinking these offenses were more like fines with little jail time.

well I use to have the clippig from the paper about the bounced check when he showed up twice in court one to plea not guilty in 02/1980 then 04/1980 he changed his plea and promised to make good on the check.

But not only was he arrested 3 times , not sure what fines etc may have been entailed in that but also he stayed at 925 hayward street for another year after.

So would assume he was arrested again but that isn't mentioned or he was able to pay the fines etc and the rent . Never heard any mention of him or denise possibly being evicted.

According to the New Hampshire state law, a bounced check under $500 is class B misdemeanor. A bad check over $500 but less than $1,000 is a class B felony. A bounced check over $1,000 is a class A felony. An issuer of a bad check may pay a civil penalty that includes the amount due, interest, court fees, reasonable collection costs and $10 per day (a maximum of $500). Criminal penalties may include a $200 fine and up to one year in jail or both if it is a repeat offense.

https://pocketsense.com/bounced-check-procedure-new-hampshire-8677556.html

Al Ka post #708, snp'd for focus

You bring up a good point. From what we can tell, the mill closed sometime in 1980. I would imagine he had to have some form of employment until he left Manchester sometime after Thanksgiving in 1981. Would odd jobs sustain him until then, covering his rent and drinking habit? It makes me wonder if he didn't have another somewhat steady, real job between the mill closure and their departure, possibly under another assumed name. That could be why we don't hear about him from that time until he resurfaces again in CA in 1984. There could be another name out there we're not yet aware of.

I completely agree that we are missing at least one more alias. That would be for period from Dec 1981 till about 1984. For some reason I don't think it would be in CA as they have been great digging out most of the records. Arizona have been great too digging his 70's arrests and even his 1973 arrest photo. NH of course too. Other states might not be that invested in this case, yet. For some reason I am drawn to Georgia, Texas and Arizona. This specific timeframe is also important for establishing where Denise could be.

We know he appeared in March 1984 in Los Alamitos, Ca as Curtis Kimball and worked there. Year later he crashed his car with Lisa in it in Cypress, Ca and was arrested. The same time and month as crash, May 1985 he left his Los Alamitos job and disappears. He changes his name...

Six month later he appears in Jan 1986 in RV park as Gordon Jenson. Another six month later, in June, he dumps Lisa there and disappears. Changes his name again... Do you see pattern and reasons?
(Definitely avoiding arrests or possible trouble and having fresh new starts each time..)

1988, November - he is arrested for stolen vehicle in San Luis Obispo,Ca as Gerry Mockerman

There might be one more alias between 1990 after he fled parole and his 1998 arrest as Larry Vanner.

I don't think he went back to Texas. I think he either left another body in that vicinity and that's why he asked a friend for money and fled or he had started using an alias in Texas and got arrested under that alias so he wanted to flee.

I completely agree that we are missing at least one more alias. That would be for period from Dec 1981 till about 1984
Al Ka post #715, snp'd for focus

I'm not sure it would help ID the A4 victims, but I think accounting for this time period might help find Denise Beaudin and other possible, as of yet, unknown victims.

The truck TR was driving Jan-Jul 86 when he abandoned D/L was registered to a hotel room in TX. It has never been specified where in TX :gaah: I wish LE would release that information. Any who we do not know how TR came into posession of the truck was it stolen, borrowed, purchased etc... was the name listed on the registration the same as the alias he was using at the time or to someone else. It is reasonably possible TR may have fled to TX after the May 85 crash then returned to CA sometime after. Also recall mention that Kimball's ID was stolen 4 years prior to TR using his name wether that was being calculated from the arrest or other info LE may have...

Another note it was reported TR had made phone calls to another RV park in San Antonio whether it was work related or personal is a question ..

The truck TR was driving Jan-Jul 86 when he abandoned D/L was registered to a hotel room in TX. It has never been specified where in TX :gaah: I wish LE would release that information. Any who we do not know how TR came into posession of the truck was it stolen, borrowed, purchased etc... was the name listed on the registration the same as the alias he was using at the time or to someone else. It is reasonably possible TR may have fled to TX after the May 85 crash then returned to CA sometime after. Also recall mention that Kimball's ID was stolen 4 years prior to TR using his name wether that was being calculated from the arrest or other info LE may have...

Another note it was reported TR had made phone calls to another RV park in San Antonio whether it was work related or personal is a question ..

It's possible he purchased the truck and never updated the title/registration. That happened to my ex. He sold a truck and said he would let the buyer keep it registered in his name until it ran out in a couple of months. A year later I saw his truck at a gas station (I knew the plate#) and the guy nearly caused a wreck. I called my ex and told him the yahoo who bought his truck was still driving it around with his tags on it, expired. He called the guy, and the truck never moved from the yahoo's driveway again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd