NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering to search Terrence Rasmussen's family tree. I want to find this girl's mother, and maybe her identity! I really hope this works, not guaranteed to be correct. Wish me luck!

I searched the unsolved homicide list for NH and found VERY similar death causes for women.

View attachment 165337
Tammy Little - Portsmouth NH - Beaten - 10/19/1981
View attachment 165336
Laura Kempton - Portsmouth NH - Beaten - 9/28/1981

The 2 definitely look connected to each other. Both studying at the same beauty school and found with massive head trauma in their own apartments.

Not sure about TR's involvement though, will have to google some more.

The 2 definitely look connected to each other. Both studying at the same beauty school and found with massive head trauma in their own apartments.

Not sure about TR's involvement though, will have to google some more.

Timeframe seems fit as we know TR left NH w/ Beaudin in Nov. '81, so these murders were 1-1.5 months before he left. Portsmouth is about an hour drive from Manchester.

Interesting find!

I'm considering to search Terrence Rasmussen's family tree. I want to find this girl's mother, and maybe her identity! I really hope this works, not guaranteed to be correct. Wish me luck!

What is the point of researching his tree with relevance to this case? We already do know she is his child. What we are missing is child's mother and her tree, which very clearly would not be connected to his own tree. Or am I misunderstanding what you are trying to say?

What is the point of researching his tree with relevance to this case? We already do know she is his child. What we are missing is child's mother and her tree, which very clearly would not be connected to his own tree. Or am I misunderstanding what you are trying to say?
I now with ancestry you get suggestions for people connected to a family tree. There might something in documents that are available. He might have relatives that could clarify things.

I now with ancestry you get suggestions for people connected to a family tree. There might something in documents that are available. He might have relatives that could clarify things.

Yes, and all those suggestions would be connected only to Terry's tree/family and not the woman he had child with.

Only way to find identity of the woman/mother by tree is by their child's dna as child would have 50 % of her mother's dna. And the best genealogist is already working on that.

Eddit: I just see your last sentence now - He might have relatives that could clarify things. - true that. But that is work for professional authorities to do... and I am very sure they already did that too.

I think I need a coffee.

Yes, and all those suggestions would be connected only to Terry's tree/family and not the woman he had child with.

Only way to find identity of the woman/mother by tree is by their child's dna as child would have 50 % of her mother's dna. And the best genealogist is already working on that.

Eddit: I just see your last sentence now - He might have relatives that could clarify things. - true that. But that is work for professional authorities to do... and I am very sure they already did that too.

I think I need a coffee.
People have been getting their DNA tested more frequently. I just traced relatives back to the 1700's.

What strikes me is that they are young women from NH.

If you look through the New Hampshire cold cases (and MA, VT, ME over the border) there are two or three clusters of cases that have a lot of similarities, including several unidentified remains found at about the same time. I know the NH cold case unit has been working on those intensively but my usually talkative friend has been very tight lipped about all of it. Except he says there's news coming.

Was thinking this
Did Rasmussen get the Bob Evans name from the
Bob Evans Restaurants?

I know we discussed the possibility a while back, that the restaurant could be where he got the name from, either on the first or second thread.

Not sure if details of this case have been posted elsewhere on this board but here is a recent article about the identification of a child murder victim by the same lady who I think worked on this case and the Golden State Killer case. Of course she appears a nice and clever lady and this has to be good work and rewarding:

Remains of murdered child found in NC in 1998 ID’d, officials say

Not sure if details of this case have been posted elsewhere on this board but here is a recent article about the identification of a child murder victim by the same lady who I think worked on this case and the Golden State Killer case. Of course she appears a nice and clever lady and this has to be good work and rewarding:

Remains of murdered child found in NC in 1998 ID’d, officials say

I notice that apparently the mother's remains were NOT automatically linked to the child. Possibly she didn't have DNA in the system, I guess--but I thought we'd been told that Namus/Codis compares remains against each other to catch links like this. Am I remembering wrong?

I notice that apparently the mother's remains were NOT automatically linked to the child. Possibly she didn't have DNA in the system, I guess--but I thought we'd been told that Namus/Codis compares remains against each other to catch links like this. Am I remembering wrong?
I thought about that too, but I also assumed that only one of them had DNA in the system and the other didn't, just like you. It's a shame NamUs will not show status quo on identifiers anymore. They were found in different states, though. Do you think that has something to do with it? Is SC known for not collecting a DNA sample of UIDs?

I thought about that too, but I also assumed that only one of them had DNA in the system and the other didn't, just like you. It's a shame NamUs will not show status quo on identifiers anymore. They were found in different states, though. Do you think that has something to do with it? Is SC known for not collecting a DNA sample of UIDs?

With a case that old, it's entirely possible that they never obtained DNA until they thought they might have a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam