NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 8 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree...and it's striking how many of the witnesses come up with some version of SM saying or recalling that he said, "I went too far," "I lost control," "I just blanked out," not, "I was having a grand ole' time having my BDSM three-some and suddenly she died and isn't it just God-awful and horrifying????"

Yes agreed...the state should hit that hard in closing...most on the stand have repeated this phrase and l=blacked/blanked out....not much that you can count on here but that sentence is one.

I totally agree.

But hey when youre married to the chief justice, you can probably take liberties that other lawyers couldnt get away with. IMO

Wow~ this is far far from the truth~ He has had thousands of trials in this State and his ethics have always been above the board~

This is why I never mentioned who he was married to~ Her entire family has been in the Justice/Court system for generations~

I do not think that he went too far with that witness today~ he was hostile from the first question~ If the Pro's had done this it would not even be an issue~

I really hope you are right. I'm usually pretty tolerant of the "quirkies" as one of my friends calls them, even though I find them sort of tedious and self-indulgent at times. This has made me look at a lot of the eccentrics I know and think, "gee, maybe they aren't as harmless as they seem."

If you went to say, ComicCon, or a Renaissance or Psychic Fair, I bet you would find the same percentage of "deviants" as you would in any given group of "normal" people.
These two I do not think in any way are good rep's of the quirkies.

Do you think that KM's story about raping LM AFTER the murder is her twisted way of "protecting" SM by getting his murder charge reduced to M2, even if her body did turn up before the trial and they found his DNA on LM?

I'm not sure about that. But, I have often thought that maybe she was trying to create doubt so that Seth walks. If that were to happen, I could totally see them getting back together after she is out.

I'm just not sure the state can prove rape cause the only proof I know of is from an admitted liar, KM. Everyone else has testified that it was BDSM gone wrong IIRC. I hope they can prove it but so far IMO they haven't and that scares the chit outta me. We all know SM admitted what happened but because he wasn't properly Mirandized the jury wont know that. It's scary to think he may walk. :scared: :scared: :scared:
There was also the partial DNA on his underpants that could have been Lizzi's.... And most likely was IMO.

I'm just not sure the state can prove rape cause the only proof I know of is from an admitted liar, KM. Everyone else has testified that it was BDSM gone wrong IIRC. I hope they can prove it but so far IMO they haven't and that scares the chit outta me. We all know SM admitted what happened but because he wasn't properly Mirandized the jury wont know that. It's scary to think he may walk. :scared: :scared: :scared:

If they did hear Seth's confession it would have muddied the waters more because he took the blame for all of it~

We have heard 3 different stories about where Seth was when the couple arrived at the apartment, the guy today kept saying that the marks on LM's neck were from the bag, and he didn't see any rope, Kat I feel has been impeached and the physical evidence isn't there.

The jury has to convict beyond a reasonable doubt that SM caused this death~ Even one of his stories to the 1st convict had Kat on her face~ I just cannot see this jury finding SM guilty on murder charges because there is reasonable doubt as to how and who caused the death.

I hope everyone is right and he is convicted but watching the jury during Kat's testimony and the reports today it doesn't look good for the State. I hope they have a wildcard.

That little sentence is not a good one for the defense... Packs a wallop, IMO.

I need to go watch Paul's testimony, I was distracted and missed most of it.

I will see you all in the morning. 10am start, correct?

I think they have enough for rape with Kats testimony and Seths statements to others, Lizzis DNA in Seths underpants and the fact that she was seen by others as dead and naked.

If you went to say, ComicCon, or a Renaissance or Psychic Fair, I bet you would find the same percentage of "deviants" as you would in any given group of "normal" people.
These two I do not think in any way are good rep's of the quirkies.

For what it's worth, I'm not talking about the particular interest (tarot cards/ren fairs/comic books) as much as the weird demeanor and grandiose/delusional talk.

Anyone have a link for the archives that are tablet friendly?

If Kat's statement to the defense is actually what did happen, what do you think Seth should be convicted of?

Theres no way her statement to the defense is true - there were ligature marks on Lizzies neck, as seen by 2 other people and as described by Seth to his cellies.

But I think both Kat and Seth are guilty of murdering Lizzi. I think they both participated - Kat cannot be charged with murder at this point, and there is no getting around that because there is really no way to prove that she is lying in her testimony - I think it would be a horrendous injustice if Seth were acquitted of any of the charges against him, as I believe the evidence against him is overwhelming, even without Kats testimony.

All this cheering for the defense looks to me like hoping for an acquittal.

are you serious? i think we are seasoned enough here at websleuths to be able to call it like it is..........

i certainly cannot speak for others.........but for myself, i seek justice and fairness in our courts.......quite frankly, the state is nowhere near legally winning their quest, thus far........

i am ALWAYS impressed in a case that is presented clearly, THOROUGHLY, and professionally no matter which side of the aisle that occurs..........i can admire that and remove myself enough to be able to see that in this "horserace", the thoroughbred is outrunning the barn nag so to speak.....

if they cannot prove their case in a court of law......that defendant (as slimy and as guilty as he is) does not garner a conviction..........it's that simple.

my heart will ALWAYS go to lizzi and victims of her kind......but WE didn't let her down, the state of new hampshire did........:heartbeat: :rose:

and believe me.......i pray for a conviction.......but let's call it like it is, shall we?:seeya:

I think that people have testified that they thought the marks on her neck resulted from the bags that were tied there because that's a logical inference to make if you are seeing marks where the bags have been and don't actually know what has happened. I don't think that's what actually happened, since I think it would be pretty hard to kill someone with a couple flimsy hannaford's bags alone, since those aren't strong enough to hold my milk without tearing and always have little holes in them once used. I have to hope that the jury would also say the same thing.

Wow~ this is far far from the truth~ He has had thousands of trials in this State and his ethics have always been above the board~

This is why I never mentioned who he was married to~ Her entire family has been in the Justice/Court system for generations~

I do not think that he went too far with that witness today~ he was hostile from the first question~ If the Pro's had done this it would not even be an issue~

Im not saying he has done anything unethical - Im saying it is extremely likely he is treated differently by judges and other attorneys because of who he is married to. It may be subtle or unconscious but that is the way it works in the real world.

Im listening to the detectives testimony now. This is actually pretty interesting. What did yall think?

Im listening to the detectives testimony now. This is actually pretty interesting. What did yall think?

None of it was terribly surprising to me, though my mind had sort of stopped working after the second inmate today. Which one are you watching/which part are you finding interesting? Maybe I'll go back and re-watch some of it.

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly - Showdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0BrdMi-oyc

-------^^^^-----------------
Thanks, Haunts, for TGTB&TU interlude. When I was in college, living in a residence hall where we could hear everything all up & down the hall, one of the women used to play Ennio Morricone all the time, and I loved it! It was good music -- still is! And with those old classic Eastwood/Van Cleef westerns, ahhhh.... yes, a much needed diversion from this perversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member