GUILTY NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, missing after placed in Father's Custody in 2019, reported 2021, *1 Guilty perjury, 1 guilty weapons* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
JUN 5, 2023
Kayla was not there when the incident happened, but testified Adam admitted he stole the guns from a woman named Kim and her husband, Chris.

“All he said was that Kim was passed out and he ended up taking the guns,” Kayla said. “I was kind of upset about it because they’re supposed to be our friends.”

Kayla said she and Kim became friends while working at a Dunkin Donuts franchise. In her testimony, Kayla told the jury she and Adam used heroin and couldn’t remember some details she told police one year ago.

“It’s a fog because I know we were just getting high a lot,” Kayla said.

The first time she described seeing the “big” guns, she was inside her home. While she was in the kitchen, Adam was in the living room showing off two guns he had available to buy or trade for drugs. She said Mike, Manny and Ish were all with Adam in the living room, when Kevin O’Leary, who she later learned to be Kevin LaBelle, showed up with another guy.

This meeting was weeks after Adam admitted to taking the guns from Chris and Kim’s house. Kayla was upset with Adam for stealing from their friends and upset that he brought guns into their home, which could have landed Adam in trouble for because he was a felon.

On the stand, Kayla said Adam told her about the night he took the guns. He told her while Kim was passed out, he entered the home through an open door, the dog didn’t bark, and he took the guns. Adam told Kayla that later the same night, he went back to Kim’s and woke her to tell her the guns were missing.

Kayla doesn’t remember Adam bringing the guns inside their home, but says she knew he was keeping them in their attic. Weeks later, Adam sold the guns to “two white guys,” who walked out of their home with both guns, Kayla testified. One of these men she believed was Kevin O’Leary, the other was the driver. According to Kayla, Kim called her shortly after the guns were taken and told her about the incident. She said Kim also told her a police report had been filed, and that her neighbors had security footage.

LIVE: NH v. Adam Montgomery DAY 4 | Weapons Trial

JUNE 7, 2023 LIVE: NH v. Adam Montgomery DAY 4 - The father of missing Harmony Montgomery is standing trial on charges unrelated to his daughter’s presumed death.

Vinnie P. spent the first hour of his show last night on Harmony! I fell asleep so will have to watch later on DVR. So glad he is covering this case. I ❤️ Vinnie! Tells it like it is and is not biased. Imo

Jurors begin deliberating weapons case against Adam Montgomery

6/7/2023

MANCHESTER, N.H. —
Jurors are now deliberating whether Adam Montgomery is guilty of weapons charges that could put him in prison for decades.

Adam Montgomery faces six charges that stem from the theft of a rifle and shotgun in 2019. He is charged in a separate case of killing his 5-year-old daughter, Harmony.

Before defense attorneys began their case Wednesday, they moved to dismiss charges, arguing that the state hadn't proven its case. The judge denied the motion.

In closing arguments, the defense began by attacking the credibility of the prosecution's witnesses.

"The state's case relies on lie after lie after lie, and the police in this case reached the wrong conclusion," said defense attorney Robin Davis.

MAY 23, 2023
[...]

One of the witnesses expected to testify against him in both trials is his estranged wife Kayla Montgomery, who was convicted of perjury for lying to a grand jury.

Caroline Smith, the defense attorney, said she intends to use that conviction to attack her credibility at the trial. Prosecutors, meanwhile, said she lied because she was being abused by Adam Montgomery.

“She documented the abuse. I've attached a photograph with two black eyes. That's just one of the photographs that we have in this case associated with the abuse,” Chris Knowles, a New Hampshire assistant attorney general, said.

[...]

The defense team is also trying to argue that the three firearms involved were all stolen at the same time and that Adam Montgomery hasn't been charged in connection with the third weapon. Prosecutors said that point is irrelevant.

“At issue in this case is a shotgun and a rifle. The defendant was never charged with a .380,” Knowles said.

There are still a number of outstanding issues. Messer said she hopes to have a ruling on those by the end of the week.

[...]
^^rbbm

A few months ago, I recall reading a Hillsborough County grand jury indicted AM for two more sets of firearms charges but it's not clear to me if the latest charges were part of this trial or if they're pending.

Was there testimony here beyond the guns stolen from Chris/Kim residence?

ETA: AM waived arraignment on the new weapons charges on 4/4/23.

Last edited:
Very moving first 30 minutes of Vinnie's show tonight as today Harmony would have turned 9 years old.

Also had the judge that oversaw Harmony's brothers adoption on and she is releasing a book later this year about Harmony's story.

No verdict reached today with deliberations continuing tomorrow for AM's weapons trial. Jury had one question today but does not know what it was, may find out tomorrow.

^^rbbm

A few months ago, I recall reading a Hillsborough County grand jury indicted AM for two more sets of firearms charges but it's not clear to me if the latest charges were part of this trial or if they're pending.

Was there testimony here beyond the guns stolen from Chris/Kim residence?

ETA: AM waived arraignment on the new weapons charges on 4/4/23.

Adam Montgomery faces six charges that stem from the theft of a rifle and shotgun in 2019. He is charged in a separate case of killing his 5-year-old daughter, Harmony.
Thanks @PommyMommy. It appears from today's news that the trial was indeed only for the two guns stolen from Chris/Kim in 2019, and the new weapons charges from April not part of this trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.