Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* Arrest* MEDIA ONLY

JUN 17, 2022
Sorey told Boston 25 News she was told more developments could be coming from law enforcement in the coming weeks. “This is no longer a rescue mission. It’s not a missing person anymore. I know in my heart it’s going to switch from a missing person’s case to a homicide,” Sorey said. “It’s really a waiting right now at this point. I was told things are going to get really intense in the next few weeks to come. A lot is going to happen,” Sorey told Boston 25 News reporter Jason Law.

JUN 18, 2022
[...]

She [Jennifer Coffindaffer, a retired FBI agent] told The Sun on Friday that she's never seen an entire fridge get removed from a home. There were also pieces of the closet removed.

"They think biological evidence from Harmony is in there," Coffindaffer claimed. "Whether that's a hair or something.

She also claimed for a judge to sign off a probable cause warrant for the fridge means there's new, corroborated information that leads law enforcement to believe it's vital and needs to be tested in a lab.

The evidence will go from here to the FBI field office in Boston and then likely to the FBI lab in Quantico.

[...]

Meanwhile, Jamison, who's just five years old, doesn't know what's going on and his adopted fathers Blair and Johnathon Miller said they're preparing to talk to him once they know more information.

On Tuesday "the US Marshals and DA's office are telling us to standby and they'll let us know as soon as they can but prepare for the worst," Blair said.

[...]

His lawyers, in a motion filed Friday, requested the police body camera footage from Adam Montgomery's interactions with police on Dec. 31, 2021, and Jan. 2.

The lawyers said the request falls under state rules of criminal procedure “as it will consist of statements by witnesses, such as police officers, and therefore must be provided within 45 calendar days of the entry of a not guilty plea. Mr. Montgomery entered his not guilty plea on Jan. 4, 2022."

Former county attorney Patty LaFrance explained to WMUR News 9 — WCVB's sister station in Manchester, New Hampshire — what Adam Montgomery’s defense team could be looking for in the body camera footage from Dec. 31, 2021, the date of the police interview, and Jan. 2, 2022, the date Adam Montgomery was arrested.

“It is inculpatory evidence, then the defense may seek to keep it from coming in and say to the judge, ‘We were looking for this evidence. They did not turn it over. They do not get to use it because it's too late,’” LaFrance said.

Lawyers for Harmony Montgomery's father ask for bodycam footage

www.wcvb.com
www.wcvb.com

JUN 22, 2022
[...]

Corrections officials said Adam Montgomery is living in a "house alone, out alone" protocol, which means he gets one hour each day outside his cell. Officials said he often spends that time on the phone, making calls that are monitored and recorded, something inmates are aware of.

News 9 Investigates has also learned that Adam Montgomery requested to be moved to the medical unit with eight other inmates. That request was denied, with officials citing safety concerns for Adam Montgomery.

News 9 Investigates has confirmed that Adam Montgomery was sent a lot of cards on Harmony's birthday on June 7, but corrections officers did not deliver any of them.

All mail — except legal documents — is opened before being passed along to inmates. Corrections officials said the decision was made not to deliver the birthday cards to him and keep them in a file instead.

[...]

JUN 27, 2022

Kayla Montgomery indicted on charges of receiving stolen weapons

The stepmother of missing 8-year-old Harmony Montgomery has been indicted by a grand jury on charges of receiving stolen property.
www.wmur.com
www.wmur.com

MANCHESTER, N.H. — The stepmother of missing 8-year-old Harmony Montgomery has been indicted by a grand jury on charges of receiving stolen property.

In addition to receiving stolen property, Kayla Montgomery has been charged with fraud and perjury. None of the charges she faces are related to Harmony's disappearance.

[...]

JUN 28, 2022

Harmony Montgomery's Father Scheduled to Appear in Court Tuesday

www.nbcboston.com
www.nbcboston.com

The father of a missing New Hampshire girl who vanished in 2019 at age 5 is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday. Defense attorneys and prosecutors are meeting to discuss the case with the judge.

Adam Montgomery, 32, has pleaded not guilty to a charge that he struck his daughter Harmony in July 2019, and to unrelated firearms charges. He has been in jail since January.

[...]

JUN 28, 2022

Father of missing Harmony Montgomery has court appearance - The Boston Globe

The child abuse prosecution of Adam Montgomery, the father of missing eight-year-old Harmony Montgomery, is scheduled for a routine hearing Tuesday in a Manchester courtroom.
www.bostonglobe.com
www.bostonglobe.com

JUN 28, 2022

November trial for Harmony’s dad on weapons, career criminal charges | Manchester Ink Link

[...]

The eight charges consist of: two charges of theft by unauthorized taking for stealing a rifle and shotgun; two charges of receiving stolen property for receiving or retaining the rifle and the shotgun; two charges of felon in possession for possessing the rifle and the shotgun after having been convicted of one or more qualifying felonies, and two charges of armed career criminal for possessing the rifle and the shotgun after having been convicted of three or more qualifying felonies.

The armed career criminal charges are special felonies, with each one carrying a mandatory minimum term of 10 years in prison, and a maximum term of 40 years in State Prison. The theft and receiving stolen property charges are class A felonies that each carry a maximum term of 7½–15 years, and the felon in possession charges are class B felonies that each carry a maximum term of 3½–7 years.

The final pre-trial conference in the weapons case is set for Oct. 27 while jury selection is set for Nov. 7. the trial is slated for the week on Nov. 14.

[...]

JUN 29, 2022
[...]

Crystal Sorey says she wants the opportunity to speak to her daughter's father so they can put an end to the mystery behind Harmony Montgomery's disappearance.

[...]

His lawyers claim there have been talks of a plea deal to resolve some of the charges against Montgomery, but no formal negotiations have taken place.

[...]

'I truly believe he would tell me just to hurt me and watch me in agony,' she told The Boston Globe in a series of text messages. 'He's an evil man.'

'I am hoping that at some point they're going to strike a deal in order to get the information we need.'

She added: 'It's not gonna be a very beneficial deal on his part, but I'm hoping that he'll have no choice.'

Sorey says she has requested 'a million times' to speak directly with Montgomery, but was told she's not allowed while the search for Harmony remains ongoing.

[...]

Prosecutors had requested the judge sever his charges, separating the weapons charges, assault charge he received for allegedly giving Harmony a black eye and the misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a child.

'In that case it made sense the second-degree assault had to do with a time - a distinct time period - when Harmony's whereabouts were known. The misdemeanors all have to do with a later time period where Harmony's whereabouts were unknown,' New Hampshire Senior Assistant Attorney General Jesse O'Neill told the courtroom, according to WFXT-TV.

The gun related charges will be the first case the state prosecutes while officials continue to investigate what happened to Harmony.

[...]

JUL 11 updated JUL 12, 2022

Harmony Montgomery's Mom Seeks Answers Weeks After Large Search in Manchester

www.nbcboston.com

www.nbcboston.com
[...]

Sorey says she's still in the dark nearly four weeks after a high-profile search in a Manchester apartment building. An FBI evidence response team, Manchester police and Hillsborough County sheriff’s deputies had an entire block of Union Street shut down.

"I'm just sitting here, twiddling my thumbs, hoping that they tell me a little crumb of information," she said.

[...]

"I want to know what was in that fridge," said Sorey. "Why did they take it out? I want to know why they took out tiles, carpet and the pole. Was there blood? Was there hair? What happened?"

Before the search took place, Sorey said, she was given an ominous warning by her advocate in the case.

"I was told to be prepared for the worst," said Sorey.

[...]

JUL 18, 2022
An advocacy commission named after missing child Harmony Montgomery failed to make it into this year’s state budget, 25 Investigates has learned.

The Budget Conference Committee stripped an amendment that would have created the Harmony Montgomery Commission out of the FY23 budget.

[...]

The Harmony Montgomery Commission would have studied how child care and protection cases are handled in Massachusetts and recommended changes.
https://www.boston25news.com/news/l...akes-step-forward/YYBQMZ4H25CQLPLTBX6G54GN7I/
“I’m disappointed,” Sen. Moore told 25 Investigates following the budget hearing. “The state of Massachusetts has a responsibility to the children overseen by the DCF to ensure they are protected by guardians who have their best interests at heart. The Harmony Montgomery Commission was meant to bring together a diverse group of child advocates, welfare experts, legal professionals, and state legislators to propose specific and actionable policy changes that would better protect the Commonwealth’s most vulnerable children. Without this commission, I fear more children will slip through the cracks the way Harmony did.”

[...]

JUL 27, 2022
[...]

The estranged wife of Harmony Montgomery's father, Kayla Montgomery, was accused of obtaining more than $1,500 in food stamp benefits in January, leading to her initial arrest. She faced a felony welfare fraud charge.

On Wednesday, a judge signed off on dismissing the one count of welfare fraud that led to that arrest.

The charge was dismissed because no indictment had been returned from a grand jury before the deadline set by the New Hampshire Rules of Criminal Procedure.

[...]

AUG 2, 2022

Lawyers for Adam Montgomery seek to suppress statements to police

[...]

Adam Montgomery's attorney has filed two motions to suppress statements he made to police on Dec. 31, 2021, and Jan. 4 of this year.

In the court filings, Montgomery's attorney is asking the court to suppress the statements because law enforcement officers allegedly failed to honor his assertion of his right to silence. The defense also claims officers didn't read him his Miranda rights.

Police found Adam Montgomery in his car in a parking lot on Dec. 31 shortly after they began their search for Harmony. According to court documents, Adam Montgomery told police he "had nothing to say" and was not read Miranda warnings.

On Jan 4, he was arrested and taken to an interrogation room where he was read his Miranda rights, according to court documents. A few minutes into questioning, he told police he had nothing else to say, the documents said.

The defense filings said police continued to press Adam Montgomery after he asserted his right to silence.

The defense is also requesting more time to possibly file one more motion to suppress, asking for the deadline to be extended to Aug. 10.

[...]

AUG 12, 2022
Authorities have determined that Harmony Montgomery, a little girl who disappeared in 2019, was murdered in Manchester, New Hampshire, in early December 2019, officials announced Thursday.

“We do have multiple sources of investigative information, including just recently confirmed biological evidence that have led us to this difficult and tragic conclusion,” said NH Attorney General John Formella.

Harmony’s father, Adam Montgomery, is believed to be the focus of this murder investigation.

Legal experts said finding Harmony's remains would make it easier for prosecutors to prove their case, but it's not essential.

AUG 11, 2022
“Our commitment to bringing Harmony home has not wavered, nor will it,” Manchester Police Chief Allen Aldenberg said Thursday. He implored anyone with information to come forward.

“Do it for this little girl. The time is now. It’s time to step up and do the right thing,” he said. “Harmony’s a sweet and innocent child who deserves to be brought home to her family and friends.”

I had zero doubt precious little Harmony had been murdered by her bio donor and stepmonster, but it's still heartbreaking to hear. Rest in peace little girl.
If only she could have joined her brother in his adoptive family.

May justice be swift.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back