Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* Arrest* MEDIA ONLY

MAY 30, 2023

Weapons trial set to begin Wednesday for Adam Montgomery

[...]

Adam Montgomery has been locked in a cell at the Hillsborough County Jail since his arrest on Jan. 4, 2022. He is scheduled to face a jury twice this year.

The first trial on weapons charges starts this week. Because Adam Montgomery is a three-time convicted felon, the gun charges are elevated "career armed criminal," carrying significant weight and sentences.

[...]

Adam Montgomery's defense team will present an alternate suspect for the gun thefts to the jury.

"He will raise Fifth Amendment issues, certainly, because we have identified him as an alternative suspect," defense attorney Caroline Smith said during a motions hearing.

LaFrance said the threshold for a guilty verdict is beyond a reasonable doubt, and the jury has to be unanimous.

[...]

Convictions on the weapons charges could keep Adam Montgomery in prison for 70 years. News 9 Investigates has learned investigators offered Adam Montgomery a deal in exchange for the location of Harmony's body, but the deal has not been accepted.

[...]

MAY 30, 2023

NH v. Adam Montgomery: Weapons Trial

[...]

Prosecutors reportedly plan to call Adam’s estranged wife, Kayla Montgomery ...

Also on the prosecution’s witness list is Danielle Dauphinais, who is awaiting trial for the death of her 5-year-old son Elijah Lewis and was reportedly incarcerated with Kayla.

[...]

In August, Adam is scheduled to stand trial in the death of his missing daughter, Harmony Montgomery. ...

Jury selections in the trial of Adam Montgomery begins Wednesday, May 31. Opening statements are expected the following day.

MAY 31, 2023

Jury chosen as Adam Montgomery trial on gun theft charges begins

[...]

The judge issued an “omnibus order” last Friday on pending motions. Most were favorable to the defense although prosecutors will be allowed to admit evidence of Montgomery’s past abuse of Kayla Montgomery. She is expected to testify that from February 2020 onward that Montgomery became very aggressive toward her, that he punched her in the face a couple of times and that she was afraid of him and that he had the ability to cause serious injury to her.

Prosecutors said admitting the history of abuse would explain the difference between Kayla’s anticipated testimony at trial and prior statements she made in March and May 2022 to the grand jury. Specifically, Kayla told the police and the grand jury that she had never seen Adam Montgomery in possession of firearms at their house. About a month later, she told police she had seen him in possession of a shotgun and a rifle shortly after the theft occurred.

Kayla is expected to testify that she made the false statements due to the abuse and conditioning she allegedly suffered at the hands of her husband.

[...]

IMG-6091-scaled.jpg
Adam Montgomery in court during jury selection. WMUR/screenshot

[...]

Chris Frain reported three firearms missing: a Mossberg 12-gauge shotgun, a Stag AR-15, and a .380-caliber Ruger handgun. He told police he saw the guns on Sept. 29, 2019 shortly before he left town, and that when he returned home on Oct. 3, 2019, they were gone.

Kimberly Frain told police her silver wedding band was missing as well. Her husband told investigators he thought his wife might have sold or traded the ring for drugs. She denied that and said it must have been stolen. Police later learned she had pawned it on Aug. 5, 2019.

The missing .380 was found in Omari Peterson’s possession. He said he received it from Ismael Garcia, who did drugs with Kimberly Frain, according to court records. Michael Sullivan testified Garcia told him he obtained two of the missing firearms from Kimberly Frain in an exchange for drugs.

[...]

The trial is expected to last five to seven days. Next Tuesday, Judge Messer is presiding over drug court so the trial will be suspended that day.

MAY 31, 2023
[...]

The jury pool was whittled down in about four hours to a panel of 21. Both sides used preemptory challenges to strike six jurors, leaving 15 – 11 women and four men. Three are alternates.

"Avoid any all media coverage," Messer told jurors. "That includes social media coverage of this case or the related Harmony Montgomery case I discussed."

Opening statements are scheduled for 9 a.m. on Thursday. Jurors are not sequestered but have been ordered not to listen to, read or research anything about the case or Adam Montgomery.

[...]

June 1: Opening statements start at 9/8c

LIVE: NH v. Adam Montgomery | Weapons Trial​

LIVE COURT CAM: NH v. Adam Montgomery - The father of missing Harmony Montgomery is standing trial on charges unrelated to his daughter’s presumed death.

An indictment charges Adam Montgomery with eight counts related to firearms theft in 2019. Authorities accuse Adam of stealing two firearms on two separate dates from the home of a person identified as C.F. in court documents.

Live Now: Opening statements underway in the weapons trial of Adam Montgomery.

Updated: 9:09 AM EDT Jun 1, 2023

MANCHESTER, N.H. —
Opening statements are set to begin Thursday morning in Adam Montgomery's weapons trial.

More than 100 potential jurors filed into the Hillsborough Superior Courthouse in Manchester Wednesday before 15 of them were selected to decide Montgomery's fate.
6/1/2023

JUN 1, 2023

Jurors hear from first witnesses in Adam Montgomery's weapons trial

Re-watch the Montgomery weapons trial:​

Complete Montgomery weapons trial coverage:​

[...]

Prosecutors showed Facebook messages that they said will prove Adam Montgomery was shopping the weapons around for drugs and cash and eventually sold the weapons to someone else.

But the defense team told the jury that a drug addict named Kim Frain let those guns out of her house so she could get more drugs.

"They were taken by Ishmael Garcia with Kim's consent," said defense attorney Caroline Smith. "Adam tried to help him, but he did not steal those guns."

[...]

Frain was openly defiant in court and appeared angry when she was told she would have to return to testify after the lunch break. Prosecutors chased her down the street to remind her of the consequences if she did not come back, which she did.

[...]

"I never lied," she said. "I've always said I had Adam come over. We hung out. He fell asleep. I fell asleep. When I woke up, I saw the thing on the table in the morning, the back door was open, and that is all I know."

Mark Reed, an old high school friend, testified during the afternoon about 1,100 Facebook messages he exchanged with Adam Montgomery starting in 2019. He had to translate some of the slang in the messages, including words like "stick," "notch" and "metal."

[...]

JUN 1, 2023

Witness testifies to jury that Adam Montgomery was in her apartment night of gun theft

[...]

Frain testified that even though she pawned off her husband’s wedding ring and other objects, she didn’t move the guns.

She said she grew suspicious about Montgomery when she heard others talking about him possibly stealing the guns.

But under cross-examination, Frain had difficulty answering questions from Montgomery’s lawyer.

Another witness, Mark Reed, told the jury that Adam Montgomery reached out to him on Facebook Messenger, offering to sell him two guns.

In the exchanges, Montgomery said he needed money because his family was facing eviction from their Manchester home.

This was only months before Harmony Montgomery disappeared.

[...]

JUN 1, 2023
[...]

Frain, a recovering drug addict, admitted telling the grand jury that her drug supplier, Ismael Garcia, never held or used any of her husband’s weapons. But Frain actually let Garcia use her husband’s .380-caliber Luger handgun a couple of times in exchange for drugs, she acknowledged on the stand.

[...]

... Both she and Montgomery wanted to buy crack cocaine. They called around to suppliers but found none.

Frain had been on a three-day crack binge, she said, and they both fell asleep in the living room. She testified that when she woke up the next morning, Montgomery was gone, the back door was open and a full crack pipe was on the kitchen counter.

Later that day, her husband came home from a construction job, checked on his guns and found the AR-15, a 12-gauge shotgun, the Luger and some jewelry missing.

[...]

Frain did not initially tell police about Montgomery being there that night.

“I really didn’t think a friend of mine would do that to me at the time,” she testified. “I literally thought we got robbed.”

[...]

Messer reminded Frain she remained under subpoena and told her not to leave the courthouse until she spoke with prosecutors. She did so anyway, prompting prosecutors Benjamin Agati and Christopher Knowles to chase her down Chestnut Street in downtown Manchester.

She later returned to continue her testimony.

[...]

Jun 2, 2023

LIVE: NH v. Adam Montgomery DAY 2 | Weapons Trial

LIVE: NH v. Adam Montgomery DAY 2 - The father of missing Harmony Montgomery is standing trial on charges unrelated to his daughter’s presumed death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back