Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
During that time Adam's family and Harmony's mother noted that Adam was selling off all his belongings on marketplace on FB. There's every possibility he sold Harmony as well.
Missing Harmony Montgomery: Timeline of New Hampshire girl's disappearance
If not for the isolation of COVID beginning around Feb 2020 -- I wouldn't typically agree that a local child might be trafficked but I think the global conditions imposed by the pandemic could have made it easier to keep a child undetected. However, in this case, there were already signs of abuse and I think AM is responsible for the death of Harmony.

AM was incarcerated during her birth and a good year after and I don't think he ever bonded with this child. Seeking custody was likely to avoid being tagged for child support and for built-in babysitting for her younger siblings. He certainly didn't want her for love and support! MOO

It sounds like the judge who gave custody to the father is the one who would have orderd an Interstate Protective Measure. According to this judge being interviewed in this article (not a judge involved in this case), she would normally require an Interstate Protective Measure in all cases where a child is being placed out of state. This deserves additional review, and should be mandatory, only with rare exceptions. But certainly with a biological mother and father with histories like these two have.
Hear, hear!!

RSBM. Dad's criminal history aside - since we've determined it is not recognized unless he killed another child- Wouldn’t part of the custody placement include determination of a stable place to live?

Wouldn’t the foreclosure have started before February 2019?

7 months later the family lost there home. How did that have no bearing on custody?

AM did not own the property so this was probably another detail that was easy to squeeze through the court without scrutiny. All he had to do was dummy a rental agreement. I would not be surprised if the extended family living at the property was the reason behind the foreclosure if mom/grandma purchased the property expecting rent and AM et., al failed to comply. Would not be the first time adult children have financially ruined well-meaning parents. JMO

Bingo! Especially since it was reported! How can they ignore a report like that?! It wasn't even the mom reporting the abuse, but the "dad"'s own relative (I think Dad's uncle). I don't quite see the benefit of reunification above all! There should be more consideration on what is best for the child.
Her mother didn't have custody of her, she wouldn't know about the abuse. Her mother didn't have any parental rights regarding Harmony whenever that happened.

Ohh boy
2 wonderful parents this little innocent girl, Harmony, had to deal with.
NOT !!!UGH
I sure hope any other siblings, half, step, blood, etc are out of both parent's households for good.

I am so angry at the system and how it supposedly works,when clearly, It does NOT work for the welfare of the kiddos.
That's not her mother, that's the stepmother.

AM did not own the property so this was probably another detail that was easy to squeeze through the court without scrutiny. All he had to do was dummy a rental agreement. I would not be surprised if the extended family living at the property was the reason behind the foreclosure if mom/grandma purchased the property expecting rent and AM et., al failed to comply. Would not be the first time adult children have financially ruined well-meaning parents. JMO
He may have had a residence in MA at the time too. Or he may have claimed he was living with relatives.

If not for the isolation of COVID beginning around Feb 2020 -- I wouldn't typically agree that a local child might be trafficked but I think the global conditions imposed by the pandemic could have made it easier to keep a child undetected. However, in this case, there were already signs of abuse and I think AM is responsible for the death of Harmony.

AM was incarcerated during her birth and a good year after and I don't think he ever bonded with this child. Seeking custody was likely to avoid being tagged for child support and for built-in babysitting for her younger siblings. He certainly didn't want her for love and support! MOO
i dont think this guy cared about child support, he didnt plan to have a job or pay it anyways. i think it was additional aid he was after.

i dont think this guy cared about child support, he didnt plan to have a job or pay it anyways. i think it was additional aid he was after.
I don't think AM wanted Harmony since he was homeless most of the time himself but claimed her to avoid being financially responsible for her, period. I don't know if AM was gainfully employed but garnished wages are seldom welcome. In my state, parents must pay their share of the "basic support" obligation to whoever has custody. This includes the state if the child is getting public assistance or in foster care. MOO

I don't think AM wanted Harmony since he was homeless most of the time himself but claimed her to avoid being financially responsible for her, period. I don't know if AM was gainfully employed but garnished wages are seldom welcome. In my state, parents must pay their share of the "basic support" obligation to whoever has custody. This includes the state if the child is getting public assistance or in foster care. MOO

true but i have known ppl like this. they just dont care because they rarely have a job. its getting from to day to day for them, not some future time when back support is messing up their credit. that is responsible ppl thinking like you and i have. they were squatting at a house with no power for over a year, w multiple kids probably using. that 129 in extra stamps was a chunk for them. im guessing they may have received TANF too but already the maximum benefit hence why KM wasnt charged for that.

If the house was in foreclosure for a year and half, that means it was already foreclosed when AM was awarded custody of Harmony.

Wait a minute, if the house was in foreclosure and duff would of known about that if they checked. If that were the case why did they give custody to him. This should raise some flags somewhere.

Wait a minute, if the house was in foreclosure and duff would of known about that if they checked. If that were the case why did they give custody to him. This should raise some flags somewhere.
it was another state, and not his house. it was a relatives house. he prob just said he lived w family. the ball was def dropped here tho.

The last time she was seen was Nov 2019. Yet her mom's last time seeing her was 7 months before in April(Easter facetime call) I just don't understand these people.
With his history of jail, violence, drugs etc
why didnt that disqualify him as an unfit parent. It breaks my heart how the Millers kept asking to adopt her or take her on an emergency basis.
His family certainly knew the deal with him. Where was his mom? I wouldn't let my grandchild be in that position!And by the way, if any man admitted he bashed his young child all over the house I would be bashing HIM.

This article is really well written. Shows a really good timeline and has the details well worked out.
Timeline: What we've learned from the Harmony Montgomery investigation
From the above article which contains a detailed timeline.

February 2019

Adam was granted full custody of Harmony on Feb. 22, 2019, in Lawrence Juvenile Court in Massachusetts, investigators wrote in an affidavit for Kayla’s arrest.

Boston 25 News reports when Adam, living in New Hampshire, gained custody, there was no Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children, an agreement aimed at ensuring a child placed in care across state lines is receiving proper services and regular check-ins, among other measures.

The lack of agreement essentially stopped the Massachusetts Department of Children and Family’s involvement in Harmony’s case.

It is unclear whether Massachusetts ever requested an ICPC and whether New Hampshire opted not to enter one, the news station reports. When a child is put in the care of a biological parent, an ICPC is not required under Massachusetts law, although the agreements are typically used for cases that cross state lines.

Kayla added Harmony to her account with the New Hampshire Department of Health & Human Services, Division of Family Assistance, on Feb. 25, 2019.

true but i have known ppl like this. they just dont care because they rarely have a job. its getting from to day to day for them, not some future time when back support is messing up their credit. that is responsible ppl thinking like you and i have. they were squatting at a house with no power for over a year, w multiple kids probably using. that 129 in extra stamps was a chunk for them. im guessing they may have received TANF too but already the maximum benefit hence why KM wasnt charged for that.

I've been fortunate to be able to work my entire adult life so I'm not familiar with support or live for free programs but I do understand SNAP and support people receiving government food benefits -- which restrict the use to purchasing food.

Looking up TANF -- I understand this is a Temporary Assistance for Needy Families where State and federal law limit the time an adult can receive TANF and SFA benefits to a total of sixty months in a lifetime.

I'd say AM/KM probably graduated from the program and probably why she was working at Dunkin Donuts and living in a shelter, and AM living in his car.

Sorry, I'm inclined to believe that Harmony was not wanted, no longer of value to this family, and they got rid of her. MOO

About TANF

Goal: End the dependence of needy parents on government benefits by promoting job preparation, work, and marriage.

I've been fortunate to be able to work my entire adult life so I'm not familiar with support or live for free programs but I do understand SNAP and support people receiving government food benefits -- which restrict the use to purchasing food.

Looking up TANF -- I understand this is a Temporary Assistance for Needy Families where State and federal law limit the time an adult can receive TANF and SFA benefits to a total of sixty months in a lifetime.

I'd say AM/KM probably graduated from the program and probably why she was working at Dunkin Donuts and living in a shelter, and AM living in his car.

Sorry, I'm inclined to believe that Harmony was not wanted, no longer of value to this family, and they got rid of her. MOO

About TANF

Goal: End the dependence of needy parents on government benefits by promoting job preparation, work, and marriage.
i dont disagree with either point (the goal of the program, or that poor babygirl was not wanted).

but there are loopholes on the limits. they will cut off the adult but not the kids. they will require job searches. do them, turn down the job. take the job, then quit.

addicts and desperate ppl in general also sell stamps so while its limited to food, you CAN illegally get cash for them.

i was a teen parent so i was on aid many moons ago for a short time. i also grew up in a poor town and worked in a jail there. i saw it all. i knew these type of ppl. its just sad for the kids involved in all of it.

It's even worse than I thought. They were homeless and living in a car, with three chldren on December 6, 2019, according to KM's mother in this interview. And sometime the week before, Harmony goes missing.

I'm glad to see that Childrens Services are now involved, and hope that the three young children of KM and AM will be under their supervision and/or care.

The mother of KM admitted that KM tells lies, but says that she can get the truth out of her, but it is clear that she isn't sure what the deal is regarding Harmony. She wasn't 100% confident that her daughter, KM, has no involvement.

God help all of these children, and so thankful that little J is with a good family.

CORRECTION: They were homeless and living in a car in December, 2019, not 2021 as I originally posted.
Apparently, the living in cars is not foreign to AM.
The cops found him and now wife/GF?whatever she is just recently, sleeping in a car and stopped to question him.

""The mother had been trying for months to find the child, even calling different schools. After hearing from DCYF last week, Manchester police eventually found him living in a car. He told police he gave Harmony to his mother around Thanksgiving 2019.""
New Details in Harmony Montgomery Case: Father of Missing NH Girl Arrested – NBC Boston

Apparently, the living in cars is not foreign to AM.
The cops found him and now wife/GF?whatever she is just recently, sleeping in a car and stopped to question him.

""The mother had been trying for months to find the child, even calling different schools. After hearing from DCYF last week, Manchester police eventually found him living in a car. He told police he gave Harmony to his mother around Thanksgiving 2019.""
New Details in Harmony Montgomery Case: Father of Missing NH Girl Arrested – NBC Boston
To his mother?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member