NH - James and Lizette Eckert, shot to death by their adopted son, 11, Alton, May 2019.

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by LietKynes, Apr 9, 2019.

1. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

With the child being so young, he will get out at 18 or 21. I don't think there is any way state can hold him beyond that.

LietKynes likes this.

2. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

I fully believe some people are born evil. But in this case I am not ready to say that about the perp. There are a lot of things in this situation that when looked at separately aren’t necessarily cause for concern, but when I combine them, it makes me wonder if there was abuse going on in that house. Very sad situation no matter what.

LietKynes likes this.
  3. ksprincess

ksprincess Well-Known Member

I'm sure your right. Andrew Golden was also only 11 when he and his 13 year old classmate killed 5 people at their middle school, and Andrew was released on his 21st birthday. He would have been released at 18 but was charged with federal weapons charges so he could be held till 21.

LietKynes likes this.
  4. kay74

kay74 Former Member

NOONE is born evil.

Baciagalupo likes this.
  5. DropthePuck

DropthePuck Well-Known Member

I respectfully absolutely disagree. Some people are born psychopaths without any moral compass or empathy. No amount of good parenting or therapy will help. You can't make someone born without a conscious suddenly grown one.

MajorHoople likes this.