GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #1

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by KaylynnCouture, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture Well-Known Member

2. WhyaDuck?

WhyaDuck? Inactive

3. amysmom

amysmom Well-Known Member

sbm

That's exactly how it did go down..He began serving his sentence in Jan.

4. CuriousHousewife

CuriousHousewife Member

I guess "break up" is a way to describe it.

5. Bodhi

Bodhi Well-Known Member

That seems likely to me, Katydid!

The priority in a missing person case is finding the person alive. After an initial sweep of the immediate area for an injured person, finding the person alive requires investigation. If the missing person is already deceased, recovery of the body can wait until locating a living person is investigated.

I hate to hear such easy dismissal of the police efforts. It may seem obvious to those outside the investigation that this pond should have been searched earlier. I understand it's frustrating: we all want answers right away! But it seems like the Conway PD has conducted this investigation correctly to me. If this was my loved one, I'd rather police do everything possible to rescue her rather than recover her.

6. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture Well-Known Member

Body Found at Cranmore Mountain May Be Krista

Snipped:http://www.unionleader.com/article....rticleId=a9c76781-29c5-4566-9aeb-3035f9f82cbd

7. amysmom

IF Kristy is dead is it possible she was running from someone & fell into the pond & drowned? That scenario would be so much easier to take then IF she was raped & violently murdered.

eta..still NOTHING at all on HLN

8. amysmom

9. IWannaKnow

IWannaKnow New Member

Yeah, I just bounced back over there and noticed it was off, thought it could be me, guess not :-(

I'm glad on one hand that they found her. It is terribly hard to prosecute without a body. Also just the worry and stress on the family. If indeed this is Krista, but I can't imagine what else it could be. Would have been nice if it had been a different outcome however.

10. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

11. CuriousHousewife

CuriousHousewife Member

I worry for the psyche of her young child. As I mentioned before, the fact that she sleeps with her mother at night indicates a strong attachment. For the nighttime arrangement to stop suddenly AND for the mother to disappear altogether from the picture sounds very traumatic to me.

12. CuriousHousewife

CuriousHousewife Member

I know that it's all about the "scoop", but shouldn't LE be the one to make this announcement?

13. amysmom

You could see one of the cops staring over at the camera before it went off..Have we heard if a crime scene van or one of those vehicles that transports the body is there?

How often is it ever a good outcome? :banghead:

14. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

exactly! ITA... that is why I didn't post the "quote"....

15. 'Ailina

'Ailina Inactive

Agreed 100%. Happens too many times, and it adds insult to injury for the family. If something happened to my loved one, I'd want to hear it straight from LE, not on Twitter or FB or the news or from the grape vine. I'm all for complete coverage, but this is SACRED information. If it needs to be legislated to preserve a set protocol, so be it. JMO.

16. amysmom

We've got the Royal Wedding all over the news as if everything in the world is hunky-dory..Give me a break! That's just fantasy! Especially noticeable & annoying on a day like today.

17. CuriousHousewife

CuriousHousewife Member

Exactly. I know for a fact if one of my friends/family caught a scoop like that on Twitter, they'd have called me already and I'd be hearing unconfirmed death reports before LE even had the chance to call and confirm or explain.

18. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

The snowmaking pond looks like it's farther away from the initial search area. But I could be reading the map wrong.

Boston Channel 5 says, "An earlier report that appeared on TheBostonChannel.com erroneously said that a body had been found in the search."

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/27687189/detail.html

19. amysmom

Most reputable media sources will wait for LE confirmation before reporting something like this..That's probably why so few are doing it right now.

20. amysmom

I clearly recall LE talking about this 'snowmaking' pond tho..I've been trying to find something related to it (article or video or pc) but am having no luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.