GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #2

Hi All,

I'm from the area and totally following all of this... perhaps I can offer a different perspective and somethings to think about- I hope my speculations are over stepping my boundries on this site. Please let me know if they are.

My own thoughts one:
If they broke up when he went to jail is it possible that she put him there on a plea of some sort? And if so, (forgive me I forget where I saw this) perhaps when she and the baby visited him in jail recently did she say "you'll never see your kid again"? And maybe his brother "took care of her" so that when he gets out of jail the kid goes to the remaining biological parent? I think that visit may have something to do with it, and hopefully they have something on tape at the jail. I think the flip flop was planted to make it look like she was in the woods there that night which is why I think she died somewhere else- but why would she be out partying at four in the morning in a fort with her baby?

My thoughts 2:
She took over his route- and found herself in trouble- maybe screwed up the money part and couldn't repay the debt. Maybe she thought she was doing a drop- quick trip in flip flops in Maine- baby would be fine, she'd meet them make the exchange and be done. Something goes wrong with a person that knows this area she either gets brought here in the trunk dead or alive (and someone follows the car in the second car with the warrant) and they take off to Conway- leave that car there and take off in a third car. Cranmore is a very remote area- you can't see anything from a main road. You need to drive a quater mile in or so to get to the ski area. Once there there are expansive dirt parking lots in front, then the base lodge with the mountain behind. As you're looking at the mountain left to right... duck pond, base lodge, athletic center.

But there's other rumors around here that there were narcotics and money in the car... why if this was an unplanned crime of passion would the "bad guy" not take it and go as far as possible? It's what makes me believe that it was someone associated with the father. If she was dead when she went into the pond, and she was bound... she didn't put on the flashers and make sure the kid was okay- but someone did. This doesn't sound like a good crowd- and the baby was out in a bad, bad situation- something rose above the criminal activity to save that baby and I say it was love. Love from a family member.

It's all so very fishy.

I think her body was brought across state lines- and I'm not entirely sure this was the act of a male. You're right, why would 2 guys bound her? But a woman might to control her.

This town is on edge- everyone wants answers...

Welcome, WoodSprite. Great post!

I haven't heard anything about Krista and the baby visiting KA in jail before. Do you know how recently that was?

Hi all! I live about 45 minutes from Conway and I've been following this story through local news. It finally occurred to me to see if there was a discussion here at WS about this case. I don't post here a lot but I come here often to follow certain cases. There's always such good info here and so many great minds pondering such great theories. I just read through all 38 pages of both threads and I'm really impressed with all the info shared.

I have a lot of thoughts and theories too. Pretty much all of them have already been mentioned by you all so I'm not gonna go into them. I only wanted to share a local's perspective on some things that have been in question throughout this thread.

1) Most of us pull out the flip-flops and capris by the first of April...some people wear them all year long...myself included lol. We are hardcore here in NH :)

2) Because NH is so rural it is not uncommon for kids/young people to party in the woods at all times of the year. Almost every town/area has its own little hot spots for partying in the woods. Even the more city-like areas like Manchester, Nashua, and Portsmouth have them. I have been to many a forest parties in my younger years. Kids and many young adults still live with parents/relatives where they cannot freely party so the woods are a welcoming place for them. Most of us who grew up here are not at all afraid of the rugged NH woods.

3) As someone already mentioned, ski trail/hiking trail forts are a common thing around here. My uncle is an avid skier and loves to party. He skis pretty much every day in the winter cause he works in construction and has winters off. He and his friends have made many such forts on our wonderful mountains.

4) LE up here is known for being tight lipped about possible homicides until they have all their ducks in a row. They prefer to know most everything that happened and have all their evidence and a perp (preferably in custody) before they release much info to the public. I wouldn't be so sure just yet that there was no visible trauma to suggest COD. When my cousin was murdered we were told the same things. They told us he was found with no cuts or bruises to suggest what happened and they had to await toxicology reports before they could say what killed him. They initially led us to believe he may have been experimenting with drugs/alcohol for the first time (he was 14) and something bad happened. He was found in an area near some railroad tracks known for a place that young people partied at. Turns out 2 guys stabbed him to death in a robbery gone wrong as he rode his bike home from the park. They took his bike and his back pack hoping to score some money for beer and/or durgs, according to them. We the family did not even get all the facts until they had all their evidence and the perps in custody (about 5 days later).

Another few points I want to make as a former drug user who had some undesireable acquaintances...

1) It is true that it would seem odd for someone to be dealing drugs out of their house without their SO or other people living their knowing. Most couples I knew when I used were in it together...and as someone mentioned, often the wife/GF took care of business anytime the dealer wasn't around (work, jail, etc.)

2) However, that being said, I have seen quite a few times when a guy was dealing on smaller levels and his wife/GF never knew. It was known to all of us that she was not to know and most times these guys would deliver and just leave their wives at home saying they were going to run errands or visit. Sometimes I think some these girls knew deep down but chose to pretend they didn't know since they had no solid proof, or they just rather pretend their life was more perfect than it really was. And other times some of them were truly oblivious to what was really going on. It was not uncommon to have a couple who were both into using when they were younger but then a child comes along and the woman realizes it's time to grow up and draws the line saying no more drugs. The man agrees but then continues anyway behind her back. And sometimes the woman stops and tells the man he can continue but not in the house or in front of her so he just becomes better at hiding it from her.

3) I've also seen everything from users who keep their kids completely away from it, to those who keep them mostly away from it, to those that don't keep their kids away from it at all. For me, as soon as I knew I was expecting my first child I stopped all use and association with those people. I have been clean for 6 years now and have 3 beautiful children.

So it could go both ways here. Krista may, or may not, have known about the drugs...and may, or may not, have been involved too. Who knows?

Wow sorry for the long winded post! Like I said, I don't post much. I'm one of those people who doesn't say much most of the time but when I do a whole novel comes out lol. Thanx again for everyone's hard work on this story. I hate when things like this happen so close to home but appreciate as much attention and focus as possible when it does. We are a fairly low crime rate area so I feel we often become overlooked in the national news when crimes do happen. Good that we're low crime...bad that it for some reason makes what crime we do have insignificant to the rest of the country.

Anyhow, keep up the good work WSers! I'm gonna keep checking here for the latest. You guys seem to have much more, and much better, info on here than anywhere else :)

Appreciate your insights, NHGirl79. I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. I'm from SNH and I remember hearing about a case like that. That type of loss really stays we you! An innocent boy, a violent, random attack--it's crimes like your cousin'smurder and this case that motivate me to try and figure out what happened and who is responsible. I realize that researching and analyzing cases in an online forum doesn't help law enforcement solve cases, but it helps me deal with it.

Hi all! I live about 45 minutes from Conway and I've been following this story through local news. It finally occurred to me to see if there was a discussion here at WS about this case. I don't post here a lot but I come here often to follow certain cases. There's always such good info here and so many great minds pondering such great theories. I just read through all 38 pages of both threads and I'm really impressed with all the info shared.

I have a lot of thoughts and theories too. Pretty much all of them have already been mentioned by you all so I'm not gonna go into them. I only wanted to share a local's perspective on some things that have been in question throughout this thread.

1) Most of us pull out the flip-flops and capris by the first of April...some people wear them all year long...myself included lol. We are hardcore here in NH :)

2) Because NH is so rural it is not uncommon for kids/young people to party in the woods at all times of the year. Almost every town/area has its own little hot spots for partying in the woods. Even the more city-like areas like Manchester, Nashua, and Portsmouth have them. I have been to many a forest parties in my younger years. Kids and many young adults still live with parents/relatives where they cannot freely party so the woods are a welcoming place for them. Most of us who grew up here are not at all afraid of the rugged NH woods.

3) As someone already mentioned, ski trail/hiking trail forts are a common thing around here. My uncle is an avid skier and loves to party. He skis pretty much every day in the winter cause he works in construction and has winters off. He and his friends have made many such forts on our wonderful mountains.

4) LE up here is known for being tight lipped about possible homicides until they have all their ducks in a row. They prefer to know most everything that happened and have all their evidence and a perp (preferably in custody) before they release much info to the public. I wouldn't be so sure just yet that there was no visible trauma to suggest COD. When my cousin was murdered we were told the same things. They told us he was found with no cuts or bruises to suggest what happened and they had to await toxicology reports before they could say what killed him. They initially led us to believe he may have been experimenting with drugs/alcohol for the first time (he was 14) and something bad happened. He was found in an area near some railroad tracks known for a place that young people partied at. Turns out 2 guys stabbed him to death in a robbery gone wrong as he rode his bike home from the park. They took his bike and his back pack hoping to score some money for beer and/or durgs, according to them. We the family did not even get all the facts until they had all their evidence and the perps in custody (about 5 days later).

Another few points I want to make as a former drug user who had some undesireable acquaintances...

1) It is true that it would seem odd for someone to be dealing drugs out of their house without their SO or other people living their knowing. Most couples I knew when I used were in it together...and as someone mentioned, often the wife/GF took care of business anytime the dealer wasn't around (work, jail, etc.)

2) However, that being said, I have seen quite a few times when a guy was dealing on smaller levels and his wife/GF never knew. It was known to all of us that she was not to know and most times these guys would deliver and just leave their wives at home saying they were going to run errands or visit. Sometimes I think some these girls knew deep down but chose to pretend they didn't know since they had no solid proof, or they just rather pretend their life was more perfect than it really was. And other times some of them were truly oblivious to what was really going on. It was not uncommon to have a couple who were both into using when they were younger but then a child comes along and the woman realizes it's time to grow up and draws the line saying no more drugs. The man agrees but then continues anyway behind her back. And sometimes the woman stops and tells the man he can continue but not in the house or in front of her so he just becomes better at hiding it from her.

3) I've also seen everything from users who keep their kids completely away from it, to those who keep them mostly away from it, to those that don't keep their kids away from it at all. For me, as soon as I knew I was expecting my first child I stopped all use and association with those people. I have been clean for 6 years now and have 3 beautiful children.

So it could go both ways here. Krista may, or may not, have known about the drugs...and may, or may not, have been involved too. Who knows?

Wow sorry for the long winded post! Like I said, I don't post much. I'm one of those people who doesn't say much most of the time but when I do a whole novel comes out lol. Thanx again for everyone's hard work on this story. I hate when things like this happen so close to home but appreciate as much attention and focus as possible when it does. We are a fairly low crime rate area so I feel we often become overlooked in the national news when crimes do happen. Good that we're low crime...bad that it for some reason makes what crime we do have insignificant to the rest of the country.

Anyhow, keep up the good work WSers! I'm gonna keep checking here for the latest. You guys seem to have much more, and much better, info on here than anywhere else :)

NHGirl79, I am new to WS, but I appreciate the insight in your post. Have you studied the disappearance of Maura M in 2004, and do you believe there is any link between that disappearance and Krista's death? If not, would you care to share your insight about the disappearance of Maura if you have any?

So I guess I confused a visit with the daughter to the jail with the mention of Krista visiting her ex's other daughter here in the Conway area. Could this present another conflict of interest? Another kid, with another mother...:sick:

So I guess I confused a visit with the daughter to the jail with the mention of Krista visiting her ex's other daughter here in the Conway area. Could this present another conflict of interest? Another kid, with another mother...:sick:

If you were to see the "social media" page of the mother of KA's other known daughter, you would see this mother had Krista's search poster in place of her own photo.....Sorry I can't be more explicit, but I am new to WS, and I do not want to be banned!

That is an interesting thought, they are calling the death "suspicious" they have yet to say homicide. Odd way to commit suicide though and what about the other car that was picked up and being investigated.

We have the boyfriends brother and his friend being found in the woods JUST before they find her in the lake. We have them saying they were looking for her and for some kind of fort and that they found her flip flop. That could have led LE to drain the pond, her flip flop. I am thinking if these two are not involved (and I do not think they are unless this is a drug related death and someone freaked) that they may have had information on her mental state.

Grrr.....I STILL want to know more about who/what/how she was being, 'scared'..

It was one of the first statements made about Krista and has been plaguing my mind throughout this case.. There has to be some crucial information out there regarding this! :/ Whoever Krista may have told about this may be able to lead the LE to the suspect(s) instantly.....Did her sister know? In what way was she being scared and on what level? Threats? Personal or indirectly? How did this affect her? Did she seem more cautious /paranoid to her friends/family or was it not obvious that she was feeling this way? What did her texts/call log indicate? Did she have a diary by chance?
What would her, 'typical' plans have been for the day/day after? What was the usual time that she would put her baby to bed and was it usually consistent? Was she known for taking her baby on, 'trips' to stores/friends/etc or out late on occasion?

I have this nagging feeling those who may appear as suspects are more innocent as they seem but have, 'knowledge' of her situation prior and post her death and are either feel too afraid, guilty by association or threatened to speak up anymore then they have.
Just sharing a feeling, of-course.. :)

I would be surprised if they did not already have a good idea of who is responsible and are just being professional and thorough until confirming their findings.. I can only hope the family will have closure asap... </3

I know many believe that Krista drove to that scene voluntarily. I don't and this is why. Temps got down to 32 that night. It was after dark. It snowed the next day. Yet Krista was in flip flops. Now kids are notorious for running around underdressed. But most will wear shoes when it is cold.

I can see Krista going out in flip flops if she wasn't going far. Maybe to run into a store or she expected to be getting out of the car and going right into somewhere warm. But if she was driving any distance, expecting to meet someone outside or go somewhere outside, I would expect her to at least have tennis shoes on.

Also IF there was duct tape. Two guys meeting a girl outside, in an isolated place wouldn't have need to duct tape her. Duct tape implys controlling her, maybe keeping her quiet. Two guys should have been able to do that. But if you were going to drive somewhere and it was involuntary on her part... duct tape would be needed so the driver could drive.

Soon after the car was found, LE announced that it was their belief that Krista did not get out of the car voluntarily. We don't know exactly why that was their belief, but they saw the scene. There are indications that blood was found. Perhaps it was there in sufficient amounts to convince them. Maybe it was something else. But something convinced an LE who hasn't been talking much to announce that she didn't leave the car voluntarily.

I keep coming back to accidental overdose. Maybe the men were there and brought her flip flops after the fact because they did not the first time out.
Trying to make it look like a crime scene or kidnap?

Could they have all parked there and met up (drug dealing, party in the, 'fort' which was walking distance or luring her) and then something happened and she went to leave and they stopped her.. I picture a bunch of kids all getting high and one or all of them potentially tripping.. One way or another she ends up dead (They gave her too much, she took too much, they all were completely disorientated, bad drug mix etc) and did not want to face getting in trouble for it.. Perhaps justifying it by saying to themselves/each other that it was not their fault that she had a bad trip or that she put her ex in prison and this was justice..
They may have grabbed her car keys from her after and turned the car on, flashers, heater etc in hopes the baby would be found safe..
A similar scenario(s) could have occurred elsewhere too but with a similar ending..

Thing is.. If she was, 'poisoned' or had, 'OD'd' why would they NEED to duct-tape her? (if that is in fact what is what they did) If she was dead before ending up submersed then she wouldn't have struggled to get away..

It really sounds like those two guys were trying to retrieve some evidence before LE would...

Do we in fact know she was duck taped? Maybe they did not need to but did this to make it look like foul play at the scene rather then lead back home to where the party was?

Or if he the boyfriend is telling on someone, they send him a message we got Krista and look how we could get your baby?

I could see it being something like that. He was probably a low level dealer, and the cops surely tried to get him to give up his connections.

Ok, so it's taken me a couple of days to read through the threads for Krista, so forgive me if I'm repeating information that has already been discussed.

I know there was a bit of question over how/why LE initially claimed that Krista did not get out of the car willingly. What if this is because they saw footprints around the car indicating she was involved in a scuffle, or that other people exited the car?

Looking at the photo of her car and the snow around it, it may be possible. But I'm far from an expert so feel free to point out if I'm mistaken!

Just a thought :)

http://www.pressherald.com/news/dittmeyer-blood-tests-could-mean-no-injury_2011-04-30.html

Dittmeyer blood tests could mean no injury
But authorities in New Hampshire still won't say how the 20-year-old Portland woman died.
By David Hench dhench@mainetoday.com
Posted: April 30
Updated: Today at 10:30 PM

The couple lived together in Conway in 2009. Court records show that Acker had misdemeanor arrests in Carroll County, where Conway is, but none that were drug-related.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/157545/2/Dittmeyer-case-puts-Cranmore-in-the-spotlight

Dittmeyer case puts Cranmore in the spotlight
6:24 PM, Apr 29, 2011
Written by
Chris Rose

Employees have been working around the cordoned off areas getting the zip lines, the mountain coaster and tubing park ready for the Summer season which kicks off Memorial Day.

So any evidence they might have missed in those areas is gone now.

Haven't posted here in a while. Just some thoughts from someone who lives in the general area (northern NH).

The "kids" up here do party in the woods, by lakes, etc. We had one almost drown here last year when they fell in the Connecticut River. He thankfully got hung up on some limbs just upsteam of a dam intake and quick action by a local state policeman who was summoned to the scene by one of the partiers saved his life. Thank God they called. None of the partiers were cited for underage drinking and the event was kind of hushed up, likely due to the positive outcome.

The baby being in a running car is interesting. Either she left the engine running, or if there was foul play, perhaps the BG(s) did. It gets quite cold here at night and the running engine / car heat definitely points to someone caring about the welfare of the child. If there was foul play, there sure wasn't a huge attempt to mask the outcome given that the body was right there in the vicinity. Definitely not the work of any criminal mastermind.

I'd suspect police have a pretty good idea what happened by this point but are holding back. Lots of possibilities from sex crime (she was an attractive young woman), to betrayal / revenge, to drug / money related, and to accidental OD. If they had an unknown suspect, there would be a manhunt. As there isn't, it's either a known player or they're awaiting tox results to verify a story they've been told.

I still am wondering what time she was really out there. I know the car was found about 6:30 but could it have been there all night? I am sure there are a few people out there that know something and are not talking. (Which I know we all know that ) it's will take just one person to come forward and get this solved. Then again maybe her friends did not know she was going out there, IMO opinion you would think she would get a sitter if she was going out to make a delivery or do anything that had to do with drugs if this is the case. Or she did not want anyone to know what she was doing so she took her daughter with her. OR this was normal behavior for her and perhaps there was an accidental OD and whoever was with her put her in the pond not being smart enough to think ME would realize it was not a drowning...all this of course is just my thoughts and my opinions.

Ok, so it's taken me a couple of days to read through the threads for Krista, so forgive me if I'm repeating information that has already been discussed.

I know there was a bit of question over how/why LE initially claimed that Krista did not get out of the car willingly. What if this is because they saw footprints around the car indicating she was involved in a scuffle, or that other people exited the car?

Looking at the photo of her car and the snow around it, it may be possible. But I'm far from an expert so feel free to point out if I'm mistaken!

Just a thought :)

It didn't snow until after the car was found, LadyD'enah. It could be based on what they were told about her character, the fact that her child was in it and was warm and safe, or something that was found in the car.

There has been talk about blood beng found in the car. That's based on what a NH law enforcement officer, from another jurisdiction IIRC, told a regional Fox News reporter. The law enforcement officials directly involved have not verified that to my knowledge. People seem to mention it as a given, and probably testing for blood has been done. But it hasn't been stated officially that I know of.

BlackWater, there's also been a rumor about duct tape. A reporter asked the asst. attorney general about it at the conclusion of the press conference when it was announced that her body had been recovered. But the asst. attorney general did not respond to questions.

Duct tape has also been alluded to by a coupleof posters on the Conway Daily Sun's FB page. I don't know if they based their posts on the regional Fox News report or local speculation or secondhand knowledge from someone they know in LE.

If you were to see the "social media" page of the mother of KA's other known daughter, you would see this mother had Krista's search poster in place of her own photo.....Sorry I can't be more explicit, but I am new to WS, and I do not want to be banned!

Yes, it seems pretty clear from social media that the mother of his older child had moved on and was upset at the news of the disappearance.

Welcome, WoodSprite. Great post!

I haven't heard anything about Krista and the baby visiting KA in jail before. Do you know how recently that was?

I also heard that but not sure where..It may have been on NG? It was def reported by someone in the media & IIRC they didn't say exactly when just that she had brought the baby to see him in prison=it seems they still had a good relationship.

Welcome WoodSprite & all other Newbies! :great:

I have one question and I might have missed somethung somwhere? How did the two guys know where she was?

It's fair to say their actions point to some knowledge but what exactly? :waitasec:

We have no facts=many theories are being thrown around..Hopefully, one or both of these guys will eventually talk but no matter what they say I'm not so sure we can believe them..The only one who can confirm their version, unfortunately, can not.

Thanks for your post and glad you joined the discussion!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back