GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #2

If you were to see the "social media" page of the mother of KA's other known daughter, you would see this mother had Krista's search poster in place of her own photo.....Sorry I can't be more explicit, but I am new to WS, and I do not want to be banned!

bolded by me.

I wonder why she did this? She must have been making a statement of some kind...but what? "It could have been me" ??? But that wouldn't make much sense. :waitasec:

bolded by me.

I wonder why she did this? She must have been making a statement of some kind...but what? "It could have been me" ??? But that wouldn't make much sense. :waitasec:

BBM..
She could have formed quite a strong bond with her, for all we know. Perhaps what they had in common made them turn to each other for support. We don't know about their relationship..

Just playing devils advocate :)

BBM..
She could have formed quite a strong bond with her, for all we know. Perhaps what they had in common made them turn to each other for support. We don't know about their relationship..

Just playing devils advocate :)

Yes, that is so true, Lxo. At first I thought they might be enemies.

It's possible she put Krista's poster in place of her own picture on the social media page as a show of support!

Sorry, we can't copy and paste from facebook. Here are the rules on using social networks...

Regarding facebook,twitter, and myspace you can link but do not cut and paste. But the goal is to really only link to those that are directly linked to a case.

IOW, we don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman , or postal carrier just because they know the main player. It just gets too invasive and half the time we are not even sure it is the right person. When a post starts out, I found 5 people with this name do you you think any of these are [insert person here]? that is not a good thing.
It will often be up to mod discretion as to who can and cannot be linked, but the general rule of thumb is if they are named in the media specifically as having some role or are being questioned or have information then you are probably safe to link. No screen caps and no cutting and pasting. If a social media is set to private and you get in the back way and post what you see, that is not a good thing!Private means private.
Just imagine it is you if you cannot decide and you shoulod be able to figure out if it is ok.
You are free to discuss what you may come upon,but if it is just a lot of gossip and rumor it won't fly. People open facebook accounts and post whatever they want and to carry that as some sort of inside info is careless. but, sometimes there is really valuable information that may even come into evidence as in the Caylee Anthony case.So, if you know for a fact it is the right person and they are named outright in the msm as someone linked to the case it should be fine. IF IT IS A MINOR DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!
Generally we try not to invade everyone's privacy and if the linked information has no bearing on anything, then leave it out.

We moderate here. Some people love it and some people hate it. Up to you to stay or go, choice is yours. Complaining about our rules doesn't help. if you have a suggestion or think of a better way, bring it on! We are far from perfect and welcome your input as long as it is civil and basically polite.

Welcome to Websleuths jmb8374!

Good to have you with us!!

Ima

Hi all! I live about 45 minutes from Conway and I've been following this story through local news. It finally occurred to me to see if there was a discussion here at WS about this case. I don't post here a lot but I come here often to follow certain cases. There's always such good info here and so many great minds pondering such great theories. I just read through all 38 pages of both threads and I'm really impressed with all the info shared.

I have a lot of thoughts and theories too. Pretty much all of them have already been mentioned by you all so I'm not gonna go into them. I only wanted to share a local's perspective on some things that have been in question throughout this thread.

1) Most of us pull out the flip-flops and capris by the first of April...some people wear them all year long...myself included lol. We are hardcore here in NH :)

2) Because NH is so rural it is not uncommon for kids/young people to party in the woods at all times of the year. Almost every town/area has its own little hot spots for partying in the woods. Even the more city-like areas like Manchester, Nashua, and Portsmouth have them. I have been to many a forest parties in my younger years. Kids and many young adults still live with parents/relatives where they cannot freely party so the woods are a welcoming place for them. Most of us who grew up here are not at all afraid of the rugged NH woods.

3) As someone already mentioned, ski trail/hiking trail forts are a common thing around here. My uncle is an avid skier and loves to party. He skis pretty much every day in the winter cause he works in construction and has winters off. He and his friends have made many such forts on our wonderful mountains.

4) LE up here is known for being tight lipped about possible homicides until they have all their ducks in a row. They prefer to know most everything that happened and have all their evidence and a perp (preferably in custody) before they release much info to the public. I wouldn't be so sure just yet that there was no visible trauma to suggest COD. When my cousin was murdered we were told the same things. They told us he was found with no cuts or bruises to suggest what happened and they had to await toxicology reports before they could say what killed him. They initially led us to believe he may have been experimenting with drugs/alcohol for the first time (he was 14) and something bad happened. He was found in an area near some railroad tracks known for a place that young people partied at. Turns out 2 guys stabbed him to death in a robbery gone wrong as he rode his bike home from the park. They took his bike and his back pack hoping to score some money for beer and/or durgs, according to them. We the family did not even get all the facts until they had all their evidence and the perps in custody (about 5 days later).

Another few points I want to make as a former drug user who had some undesireable acquaintances...

1) It is true that it would seem odd for someone to be dealing drugs out of their house without their SO or other people living their knowing. Most couples I knew when I used were in it together...and as someone mentioned, often the wife/GF took care of business anytime the dealer wasn't around (work, jail, etc.)

2) However, that being said, I have seen quite a few times when a guy was dealing on smaller levels and his wife/GF never knew. It was known to all of us that she was not to know and most times these guys would deliver and just leave their wives at home saying they were going to run errands or visit. Sometimes I think some these girls knew deep down but chose to pretend they didn't know since they had no solid proof, or they just rather pretend their life was more perfect than it really was. And other times some of them were truly oblivious to what was really going on. It was not uncommon to have a couple who were both into using when they were younger but then a child comes along and the woman realizes it's time to grow up and draws the line saying no more drugs. The man agrees but then continues anyway behind her back. And sometimes the woman stops and tells the man he can continue but not in the house or in front of her so he just becomes better at hiding it from her.

3) I've also seen everything from users who keep their kids completely away from it, to those who keep them mostly away from it, to those that don't keep their kids away from it at all. For me, as soon as I knew I was expecting my first child I stopped all use and association with those people. I have been clean for 6 years now and have 3 beautiful children.

So it could go both ways here. Krista may, or may not, have known about the drugs...and may, or may not, have been involved too. Who knows?

Wow sorry for the long winded post! Like I said, I don't post much. I'm one of those people who doesn't say much most of the time but when I do a whole novel comes out lol. Thanx again for everyone's hard work on this story. I hate when things like this happen so close to home but appreciate as much attention and focus as possible when it does. We are a fairly low crime rate area so I feel we often become overlooked in the national news when crimes do happen. Good that we're low crime...bad that it for some reason makes what crime we do have insignificant to the rest of the country.

Anyhow, keep up the good work WSers! I'm gonna keep checking here for the latest. You guys seem to have much more, and much better, info on here than anywhere else :)

Wish you would post more often. Your post is as in-depth and well thought out as any here.

bolded by me.

Almost all of Krista's friends have her missing poster as their FB avatar. We see that alot in missing person's cases.

Sorry, we can't copy and paste from facebook. Here are the rules on using social networks...

Regarding facebook,twitter, and myspace you can link but do not cut and paste. But the goal is to really only link to those that are directly linked to a case.

IOW, we don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman , or postal carrier just because they know the main player. It just gets too invasive and half the time we are not even sure it is the right person. When a post starts out, I found 5 people with this name do you you think any of these are [insert person here]? that is not a good thing.
It will often be up to mod discretion as to who can and cannot be linked, but the general rule of thumb is if they are named in the media specifically as having some role or are being questioned or have information then you are probably safe to link. No screen caps and no cutting and pasting. If a social media is set to private and you get in the back way and post what you see, that is not a good thing!Private means private.
Just imagine it is you if you cannot decide and you shoulod be able to figure out if it is ok.
You are free to discuss what you may come upon,but if it is just a lot of gossip and rumor it won't fly. People open facebook accounts and post whatever they want and to carry that as some sort of inside info is careless. but, sometimes there is really valuable information that may even come into evidence as in the Caylee Anthony case.So, if you know for a fact it is the right person and they are named outright in the msm as someone linked to the case it should be fine. IF IT IS A MINOR DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!
Generally we try not to invade everyone's privacy and if the linked information has no bearing on anything, then leave it out.

We moderate here. Some people love it and some people hate it. Up to you to stay or go, choice is yours. Complaining about our rules doesn't help. if you have a suggestion or think of a better way, bring it on! We are far from perfect and welcome your input as long as it is civil and basically polite.

I figured as much but couldn't find the rules about that anywhere. I did scribble out names and faces just incase it was a no-no.:innocent:

NHGirl79, I am new to WS, but I appreciate the insight in your post. Have you studied the disappearance of Maura M in 2004, and do you believe there is any link between that disappearance and Krista's death? If not, would you care to share your insight about the disappearance of Maura if you have any?

Hi Kiln Wood! Thanx! Yes I have followed the Maura M case from day 1. I work just the next town over from where her car was found. I remember when it first happened her friends and family were all in town searching and putting up posters. Many local businesses and people helped contribute to the search any way they could (donating food, water, and shelter to searchers, putting posters up, and some even jumped in to help search). That case still plagues me every day.

I don't think the two cases are connected though. I think Krista's death is directly connected to the people she new in Conway (whether it was an accident or on purpose, not sure yet). I think Maura M was a vivtim of starnger crime and opportunity. In fact I think she met her fate before her car was crashed into that snowbank. I think the guy whose brother turned over a knife with possible blood on it to the Murray's PI is a key player.

Apparently it was known around town that he and his GF were heavy into drugs. I think she either met up with them somewhere earlier on her trip and maybe they were stranded and she offered to drive them to Haverhill. Since it seems she had yet to find an exact destination, according to evidence, she may have figured why not give them a ride and head towards Bartlett, NH after all. Maybe they even offered her a place to stay and hang out during her getaway. It seems from the initial route she was on she was headed for the VT destinations she had researched since she couldn't get a room where she wanted in NH, and something made her decide to head east instead towards Bartlet after the fact. I feel if she was headed for bartlett she would have hit I-93 N from Mass up to the Kanc Highway and over to bartlett...seems it would be the most logical, direct, quick route...but maybe not for a non-local.

Anyway, I think either something went awry way before they got to Haverhill, Maura was disposed of along the way, and the girl reported at and around the scene was the GF of the man in speculation. There is some speculation whether it was even Maura at the scene. Or Maura was present at the scene and she stumbled upon these people's house looking for help/a place to hide cause she was afraid of DWI or whatever, and they took advantage of the opportunity and vulnerability of Maura's fragile state. Maybe for something as simple as the booze she had and the little bit of money she must have had on her still from her ATM withdrawal. It wasn't a lot but for addicts it's a days, or even a weekend's, worth of fixes. Addicts only live day by day...fix to fix.

Or the other possibility I have entertained is that it was the random opportunistic crime of a sexual predator. And when I entertain that idea it does make me wonder if their is a connection between her case and the case of Brianna Maitland.

Anyway, all just speculation here based on my knowledge of the area, my education in criminal justice, and my life experiences as a young woman who has been the addict and has also been the college student who made some recent screw ups and lied to get away for the weekend. Thankfully my shenanigans of meeting up with strangers and partying with them for a few days to get away never ended with me missing and possibly deceased.

Okay, another long winded post and way off track now! Sorry...that's what you get for asking me an open-ended question :) Back to Krista...

Anyone have any new news?

It's possible she put Krista's poster in place of her own picture on the social media page as a show of support!

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it!!!

Hi Kiln Wood! Thanx! Yes I have followed the Maura M case from day 1. I work just the next town over from where her car was found. I remember when it first happened her friends and family were all in town searching and putting up posters. Many local businesses and people helped contribute to the search any way they could (donating food, water, and shelter to searchers, putting posters up, and some even jumped in to help search). That case still plagues me every day.

I don't think the two cases are connected though. I think Krista's death is directly connected to the people she new in Conway (whether it was an accident or on purpose, not sure yet). I think Maura M was a vivtim of starnger crime and opportunity. In fact I think she met her fate before her car was crashed into that snowbank. I think the guy whose brother turned over a knife with possible blood on it to the Murray's PI is a key player.

Apparently it was known around town that he and his GF were heavy into drugs. I think she either met up with them somewhere earlier on her trip and maybe they were stranded and she offered to drive them to Haverhill. Since it seems she had yet to find an exact destination, according to evidence, she may have figured why not give them a ride and head towards Bartlett, NH after all. Maybe they even offered her a place to stay and hang out during her getaway. It seems from the initial route she was on she was headed for the VT destinations she had researched since she couldn't get a room where she wanted in NH, and something made her decide to head east instead towards Bartlet after the fact. I feel if she was headed for bartlett she would have hit I-93 N from Mass up to the Kanc Highway and over to bartlett...seems it would be the most logical, direct, quick route...but maybe not for a non-local.

Anyway, I think either something went awry way before they got to Haverhill, Maura was disposed of along the way, and the girl reported at and around the scene was the GF of the man in speculation. There is some speculation whether it was even Maura at the scene. Or Maura was present at the scene and she stumbled upon these people's house looking for help/a place to hide cause she was afraid of DWI or whatever, and they took advantage of the opportunity and vulnerability of Maura's fragile state. Maybe for something as simple as the booze she had and the little bit of money she must have had on her still from her ATM withdrawal. It wasn't a lot but for addicts it's a days, or even a weekend's, worth of fixes. Addicts only live day by day...fix to fix.

Or the other possibility I have entertained is that it was the random opportunistic crime of a sexual predator. And when I entertain that idea it does make me wonder if their is a connection between her case and the case of Brianna Maitland.

Anyway, all just speculation here based on my knowledge of the area, my education in criminal justice, and my life experiences as a young woman who has been the addict and has also been the college student who made some recent screw ups and lied to get away for the weekend. Thankfully my shenanigans of meeting up with strangers and partying with them for a few days to get away never ended with me missing and possibly deceased.

Okay, another long winded post and way off track now! Sorry...that's what you get for asking me an open-ended question :) Back to Krista...

Anyone have any new news?

Thank you very much for sharing your insight, NHGirl79!!!
I do not have your educational background in criminal justice, but I have wondered myself about a possible connection between the deaths of Maura and Brianna.....
I greatly admire the way you have overcome the challenges in your life, and I'm so glad you did!! I shall continue to look for your posts whenever you have the time and the interest. You have a great deal to contribute, and your contributions here have enriched "my worldly perspective!"

That's quite possible (one never knows nowadays)

JMO

Or if he the boyfriend is telling on someone, they send him a message we got Krista and look how we could get your baby?

This thought has crossed my mind also. I work in a "county detention facility" (jail) and criminals have their own code. Maybe the suppliers were getting antsy about KA ratting them out/rolling on them and sent him a message.

As wild and out there as this theory sounds, it happens quite a lot among criminals; especially those linked to drug activity. Currently, there are 2 drug thugs in our facility that shot and killed a man and his 7 yo son over a bag of weed and $150. They were sending a message to others that were involved not to 'disrespect'. This happened in Greensboro, NC not some big city.

In the beginning, LE said they didn't need to drain that pond because the water was clear, but they drained the pond that was murky. They basically said "she's not in that pond".

I wonder if whoever did this to her might have put her in that pond after LE said "she's not in that pond".

Either that or the visitors in the area caused them to go back and re-examine the pond and they saw something they missed. Either way I think the medical examiner should be able to tell if/how long she has been in the water.

Hey everyone, I have just registered but have been lurking in this thread and the other one the past few days. I live in Portland, ME where Krista was living and have some friends who know her sister. I have been obsessively reading the coverage of all of this and feel so horrible for her family. I am anxious to see how it plays out although like a lot of others I suspect that her ex or someone connected to him in some way had something to do with it...who knows though at this point. One thing I did notice today in the guestbook where her obituary is and in a comment left on our local paper's website in an article about her (both from the same person) was they said they saw her at a gas station in Conway earlier that day at 4:30 p.m. Just thought that was an interesting detail as there is a lot of guessing if she was in Maine or NH that afternoon/evening. Hopefully that person has already given that info to the police!

Hey everyone, I have just registered but have been lurking in this thread and the other one the past few days. I live in Portland, ME where Krista was living and have some friends who know her sister. I have been obsessively reading the coverage of all of this and feel so horrible for her family. I am anxious to see how it plays out although like a lot of others I suspect that her ex or someone connected to him in some way had something to do with it...who knows though at this point. One thing I did notice today in the guestbook where her obituary is and in a comment left on our local paper's website in an article about her (both from the same person) was they said they saw her at a gas station in Conway earlier that day at 4:30 p.m. Just thought that was an interesting detail as there is a lot of guessing if she was in Maine or NH that afternoon/evening. Hopefully that person has already given that info to the police!

:fireworks::welcome::fireworks:

Welcome to WS!

Sometimes LE will monitor what is on blogs and websites that talk about the victim, but not always. Would you consider calling it in to police? It's pretty simple. You call, they will ask for your name and info but it is your choice whether you give it or not. You may speak to a person or you may have to leave a message. Give them as much detail about who said it, where the station was, what was said and where the message is located as you can. They probably won't say much to you, won't let you know if it is important or not. But that is pretty much it.

I would recommend taking a "screenshot" of the pages where the comments are, too, in case they mysteriously disappear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back