GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #2

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110511/NEWS03/110519982/0/FRONTPAGE

Interesting info regarding the associate of child's father...was to "protect" Krista during drug transactions...hmmmmm

Snipped for above article (BBM):
Trevor Ferguson, 23, of Tamworth, and Michael Petelis, 28, of Ossipee, are each charged with one count of conspiracy to commit robbery. According to the prosecution, Petelis is an associate of the father of Dittmeyer's child who is currently serving a jail sentence in Maine. Petelis was to serve as Dittmeyer's protector in furtherance of an illicit drug business, but instead allegedly conspired with Ferguson and Papile to rob her.

At the Wednesday arraignment it was revealed that Petelis had attempted suicide earlier in the week.

======================================================================
Wondering if Petelis broke under pressure after having betrayed Krista and her imprisoned boyfriend in their intended drug biz. He may have leaked some information to the boyfriend's brother after the murder, imo...

P.s. If I were any of these 3 thugs, I'd be praying not to be incarcerated with the boyfriend of the woman I killed and the father of the child I left abandoned in a remote location.

JMO...

Thank god they did not harm her baby. I can't imagine that it was alot of money and drugs, if he only gave him $20.00 for gas.

Just so senseless!!

It's been rumored her route between Portland and Conway had her driving back and forth 3 times a day. It's an hour and 20 minute ride each way.

Mushy, thanks for writing that. None of us are too keen on admitting those things, and I commend you. I've dated a couple of um...yeah. People you'd never suspect, even those who don't need the money! You illustrate my point, exactly. I have been surprised numerous times about who the "source" has been.

She could have also used a "middleman". A friend (female) would sit in the room while whatever deal was going down and was just "there". A guy (brother in law) would handle the transaction, thus protecting her identity, but she could still negotiate (if need be) discreetly and also decide wether to deal with the person directly.

Just sayin'. MOO

Sorry to quote myself (4/29/11)...I'm just amazed it was/is true. Wow. Glad they got them.

I wonder if Petelis met Krista at the apartment or rode with her? I'm assuming he was supposed to be acting as her protector on this deal. Talk about double-crossed. As an associate of Krista's boyfriend, Petelis had to know they had a small daughter, imo. But, if this was the first transaction where he was "acting" as Krista's protector, he might not have known she would take the child to the site of a drug deal. If the child had not been present, they could have dumped Krista's body in the car somewhere much more remote.

Still makes me want to cry thinking about that baby sitting out there in the car with her mom dead in the pond... Tears..

If Krista was driving around selling drugs most days, her daughter would be in the car with her.

Such a sad, sad case. Looks can be deceiving. She just looks wholesome. Obviously, that is not the case. I wonder if she was a dealer only and not a user. It is just hard to imagine why someone would take their baby along for drug deals. I will never understand! :banghead:

" According to Young, Dittmeyer was betrayed by Petelis. A friend and associate of the father of Dittmeyer's child, who is currently serving a jail sentence in Maine, Petelis was to be Dittmeyer's protector in furtherance of an illicit drug business, but instead conspired with Ferguson and Papile."

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110511/NEWS03/110519982/0/FRONTPAGE

Amazing how this was planned, yet only one is charged with second degree murder. All 3 should be charged with Capital Murder!!

07c732_ltppapile2.jpg

Anthony Papile, 28, center, of Ossipee, talks with his attorneys at the Ossippee District Court in Ossippee, N.H. today. Papile has been charged with second degree murder in the death of 20-year-old Krista Dittmeyer.

07c732_ltppapile2.jpg

Anthony Papile, 28, center, of Ossipee, talks with his attorneys at the Ossippee District Court in Ossippee, N.H. today. Papile has been charged with second degree murder in the death of 20-year-old Krista Dittmeyer.

!!!! Hope he rots in prison!!!!

It's been rumored her route between Portland and Conway had her driving back and forth 3 times a day. It's an hour and 20 minute ride each way.

If this is true..when did she ever find the time to hold down a job.

BTW I went to virgil and saw the little girl in question. I didn't see anything wrong with her hair. She looked like a healthy child and acted like a happy one too.

What on earth constitutes first degree murder in this state??

So sad to hear this is what happened and that it was all over drugs after all :( I'm glad they were able to fish out the answers and get some arrests made though. It always baffles me how some people make it out of that world alive and go on to change their lives and make a better world for themselves (like I did), while others (like Krista) don't. It is true she made some bad decisions, but she is still the victim (and her poor little baby too) in all this and I don't care what choices you make...no one has the right to take another's life. Just like no one has the right to rape someone just because they were dressed promiscuously, too drunk to say no, or led them on (or any of the other poor excuses perps use). I've seen a lot of victim blaming about Krista on other websites and in news article comments. I'm glad to be a part of WS where that is not the case. I respect that even though we all have realized her mistakes, nobody is discounting that she is still the victim and the perps are still to blame. I've been a member for over a year now (and a lurker for about 2 years before that), but have only recently (in the last few weeks) started visiting WS everyday and posting regularly. And I must say, I love and respect it (and everyone and everything you all do) more and more every day. You all are true victims advocates and I'm honored to be a member here :)

I wonder why only one guy was charged with murder. If someone dies during the commission of a crime, don't all parties involved usually get charges with the murder as well?

I read that the 'conspiracy to commit robbery' charges against 2 of the men were holding charges, which I think means they were charged with a serious enough offense that LE could put them in jail and hold them there while more serious charges are considered. And yes, if they were part of a conspiracy, all parties to the conspiracy have committed the crime.

For now they are charged with being involved in the robbery. It seems to me that the investigation is continuing and these 2 will be charged with murder also. Or maybe the possibility of a forthcoming murder charge is being used to get one or both to testify against the guy that physically committed the murder.

Wow. While I am sad about Krista's lifestyle and that she was killed, I am so thankful the baby was not harmed. They could have easily thrown her into that pond too.

I just don't understand. Why couldn't they just have stolen the drugs and money from her without killing her? Sure she knew who they were but what, is she going to call the police and say "3 guys stole my drugs?" I mean seriously.

:(

I was wondering same thing:

630:1-a First Degree Murder. –
I. A person is guilty of murder in the first degree if he:
(a) Purposely causes the death of another; or
(b) Knowingly causes the death of:
(1) Another before, after, while engaged in the commission of, or while attempting to commit felonious sexual assault as defined in RSA 632-A:3;
(2) Another before, after, while engaged in the commission of, or while attempting to commit robbery or burglary while armed with a deadly weapon, the death being caused by the use of such weapon;
(3) Another in perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate arson as defined in RSA 634:1, I, II, or III;
(4) The president or president-elect or vice-president or vice-president-elect of the United States, the governor or governor-elect of New Hampshire or any state or any member or member-elect of the congress of the United States, or any candidate for such office after such candidate has been nominated at his party's primary, when such killing is motivated by knowledge of the foregoing capacity of the victim.
II. For the purpose of RSA 630:1-a, I(a), "purposely'' shall mean that the actor's conscious object is the death of another, and that his act or acts in furtherance of that object were deliberate and premeditated.
III. A person convicted of a murder in the first degree shall be sentenced to life imprisonment and shall not be eligible for parole at any time.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/NHTOC/NHTOC-LXII-630.htm

Usually premediated constitutes first degree. You know the "Live Free and Die State?" Makes me sick :maddening: I am saying this through a lot of experience.

In fact we are dealing with one now. Young kid, sawed off shot-gun holding up my store BUT because my employees chased him out instead of giving him anything he is going to get off with a slap on the wrist. My female cashier will never recover....makes me very angry!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back