NH NH - Laura Kempton, 23, & Tammy Little, 20, Portsmouth, Sept 1981 & Oct 1982

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Marilynilpa, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

bumping this thread up...

dotr likes this.
  2. SurfieTX

SurfieTX Active Member

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/29831311/detail.html#ixzz1eSLvrkXX

3. Marilynilpa

Marilynilpa Well-Known Member

I've never been able to give up on this one, so here's a little bump.

4. Pettibon Junction

Pettibon Junction Active Member

Bumping.

If ever a cold case were solvable, this is it.

dotr likes this.
  5. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member

There has recently been some speculation that Laura and Tammy's killings fit the m/o of the east area rapist/original night stalker/golden state killer. This is speculation only, but still interesting. Laura and Tammy's murders fit into a known gap in the crimes of EAR/ONS/GSK. Given the coldness of the case, I'm hoping these links are ok. The youtube guy is a bit controversial among EAR/ONS/GSK followers, but I think, is worth a listen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EARONS/comments/556bsr/possible_ear_crimes/d88xsv8/
    [video=youtube;Y17tOh4hHlQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y17tOh4hHlQ[/video]
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Rapist-aka-The-Original-Night-Stalker-1976-86

6. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

rbbm
    http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/20160925/police-revisiting-everything-in-unsolved-portsmouth-murders
    ”

7. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member

8. ABParsons

ABParsons New Member

I live/work in Portsmouth and went to that same school. I went about 4 years ago right after it got bought out by a Paul Mitchell school. Having read everything I could find about these cases I haVe some thoughts: although the students went to the school at different times the regular clients were definitely the same. We had a bunch when I went that had been coming to the school for years. I remember being cautioned when I was new to be careful because they’d had problems in the past with clients getting the “wrong idea” and following the girls home. Also the building behind the school was a Salvation Army and we had a bunch of drifter type clients that frequented the Salvation army. I remember someone telling me once “it used to be way worse” I also remember being told the beauty school moved from a different location but I don’t remember when. He first location was closer to macro polo I believe. Walking distance apart from each other though. If any web sleuths have any questions for someone local I’m happy to answer it.

PS the fact that the murders both took place in the fall doesn’t super ring any bells. The state university is about 20 minutes away and Portsmouth is very touristy in the fall with the foliage and apple picking and the Portsmouth Navyyard is a huge submarine naval base. You can walk from Base to downtown very easily and many navy men frequent the town.

evillano and snowleopard like this.
  9. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ws ABParsons, thanks for the great local insight!

snowleopard likes this.
  10. Marilynilpa

Marilynilpa Well-Known Member

I’m bumping this up. It’s been a while since I’ve looked into these two cases. I have sent an email to the lead investigator of the Portsmouth PD asking for an update and will post his reply when/if I receive it.

11. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

No sex assault, both women attended the same beauty school, heads and faces ( a focal point in such schools) smashed?
    Could the perp be born female or a trans woman?
    imo, speculation.

Marilynilpa and jaejae like this.
  12. jaejae

jaejae On Time Out

You might be right but I favour a madman with maybe a bit of squeaky voice and possibly small manhood. I if I were LE would look to see if the cases are related to the Connecticut River Valley Killer murders. Different method of killing but worth a look.

Marilynilpa and dotr like this.
  13. Richard

dotr likes this.
  14. Richard

Two Women Murdered in Different Locations, One Bizarre Commonality
    [​IMG]Laura Kempton was an attractive 23 year old aspiring model who was found dead in her 20 Chapel Street in Portsmouth on September 28th, 1981. She had been brutally beaten to death with an object. She had last been seen leaving a local bar named the Ranger Club early Monday morning. A little more than a year later on October 19th , 1982, twenty year old Tammy Little was found in her apartment inside her apartment at 315 Maplewood Avenue. She had been bludgeoned to death.

[​IMG]

Both woman had some similarities between them. They were both socially active and went to some of the same bars and clubs. Most telling though, was that they were both students at the Portsmouth Beauty School. This case is very active and police have spent countless hours trying to collect more evidence. Anyone with information is encouraged to come forward.
    There is a $20,000 reward for information leads to an arrest and conviction for either or both murders. You can contact the Portsmouth Police Department at 603-610-7430.

LINK below contains summaries of other unsolved murders in the same area:

New Hampshire Cases

Marilynilpa and dotr like this.
  15. Richard

Consider the possibility that the below case might be connected to the murders of these two girls. The body of the still officially unidentified woman below was found in New Hampshire in 1985. She had been killed by blunt trauma to the head. Possible suspect is Terry Peder Rasmussen, a known killer. She might be Denise Beaudin who went missing from NH in 1981.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Murder of Woman and Three Young Children Haunt Town

[​IMG]

It is perhaps the most haunting and bizarre crime to hit the state of New Hampshire.

In 1985 the unidentified remains of an adult female and a young female child were found in a barrel in the Bear Brook State Park of Allenstown.

Fifteen years later when police revisited the scene, several hundred yards away another barrel was found containing the unidentified remains of two other young children. The adult female and the child buried in the barrel with her died from blunt trauma to the head. The two younger children found were probably also murdered and though there is not definitive evidence, they are believed to be female.

DNA tests proved that the adult female is related to the child found buried with her as well as of one of the other children found in 2000. However, she is not the mother of all three children.

The adult female was believed to have been between the ages of 23 and 32. She was between the 5’2 and 5’7. She was caucasian with possible Native American ancestry. She had light curly brown hair. The two children linked to her were around the ages of 5-10 and 1-3 years old. The other is not related to her and is believed to be around 3 to 4 of age.

It is possible that the three children could be paternally related though but it is not proven. Isotope testing shows that all four victims were born in the United States, they believe that the woman and her two children spent substantial time near the Atlantic Coastline anywhere from Maine to Pennsylvania but that is not definitive. The Other child may have spent time as far west as Minnesota. Whoever killed these individuals has not been caught....

8-24-2017: At long last a break in the case as one of the dead children (unrelated to the other three victims) has been identified as the daughter of a deceased killer named Terry Peder Rasmussen also known by the alias of Bob Evans who is a likely serial killer.

Rasmussen is the person believed responsible for the four murders, that of his California girlfriend and possibly several others in New Hampshire and California. Police believe he has left a trail of dead bodies in several states. He died in prison in California in 2010 for the murder of a wife, Eunsoon Jun.

He is the prime suspect in the 1981 disappearance of Denise Beaudin who at the time lived in Goffstown. Police know Rasmussen used various aliases around the country.

LINK:

New Hampshire Cases

Marilynilpa, snowleopard and dotr like this.
  16. Richard

tiffkinsadder, Marilynilpa and dotr like this.
  17. evillano

evillano Member

I would be more likely to guess that Laura and Tammy were killed by an unstable client, or someone who eyed them from a shared location (i.e. one of the local bars or cafes the two attended).

Elizabeth Lamotte's case is tricky due to the pregnancy during the time she was missing. Did her killer keep her hostage and raped her? Was it a boyfriend she ran off with who went off his rocker? LE will hopefully dig something else up. That being said, I do not think her case is at all related to Laura and Tammy.

Rasmussen, while seeming to favor beating his victims to death, also seemed to have a trend with getting close to young mothers or women he'd build a relationship with first...then beating them to death.

I, as well as a multitude of others, had suggested to LE that the latter two could be related...leading to at last finally locating Elizabeth's body, but I believe they disproved the relation between Rasmussen and Lamotte in the process.

dotr likes this.
  18. jaejae

jaejae On Time Out

I would like to give these two cases another bump. My theory is that they might be connected to the Connecticut River Killer cases. Of course this killer is more associated with stabbings but it is possible he had a change of MO and he was a Serial Killer who operated in New England:

On the trail of a possible serial killer

dotr likes this.
  19. jaejae

jaejae On Time Out

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    dotr likes this.