NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have that call log?

I think whatever finally spooked her to leave (because I think it was like a witches brew pot, waiting to over-boil) took place in the presence of FM. She had already been researching places to go by the time that article would have come out.

No, I don't have the call logs from that sunday night.

I will repost her cell phone records from that Thursday night.

The Rao's coffee phone call is not 100 percent confirmed. I actually thought it was because I found the same phone number in an Amherst restaurant guide that dated back to the 2004 timeframe, however, that may have been a misprint in the guide because other references for Rao's coffee in later years have a different phone number.

During her 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. shift that Thursday night into Friday morning, Maura attempted to call billy three different times from her cell phone. She only talked to him briefly twice. After getting his voice message at 9:55 p.m., he calls her back one minute later and the two talk for just six minutes. Finally she calls him once again at 12:07 a.m. and he answered and they talked for approximately seven minutes.

Here is her cell phone activity for that night which begins about 45 minutes before her shift started:

Maura Murray Cell Phone Calls
Thur Feb 5 ==== (Incoming) --- 7:17 p.m. to 7:37 p.m.
Thur Feb 5==== (Outgoing) --- Amherst last four 9411 ---- 8:40 p.m. to 8:43 p.m.
Thur Feb 5 ====(Outgoing) --- New City, NY last four 8290 ---- 9:09 p.m.
Thur Feb 5 ====(Outgoing) --- New City, NY last four 8290 ---- 9:55 p.m.
Thur Feb 5 === (Incoming) --------- 9:56 p.m. to 10:02 p.m.
Thur Feb 5 = (Outgoing) --- Hanover, Ma last four 7271 --- 10:10 p.m. to 10:38 p.m.
Fri Feb 6 === (Outgoing) – New City, NY last four 8290 – 12:07 a.m. to 12:14 a.m.
Fri Feb 6 === (Outgoing) – Amherst last four 8911 ---- 3:40 a.m. to 3:42 a.m.

Domino’s Pizza --- Amherst, Ma (413) 256-8911
Rao’s Coffee --- Amherst, Ma (413) 253-9411
Hanover, Mass --- Confirmed number of Maura’s older sister

West Point is approx. 22 miles from New City, New York. (Either Billy or maura’s sister Julie or both could have cell phone plans from this area (that follow them wherever they move). So even if Billy is in Oklahoma any cell phone call he makes to someone else will show up as a new city, Ny number.

Fri Feb 6 === (Outgoing) – Amherst last four 8911 ---- 3:40 a.m. to 3:42 a.m.

Domino’s Pizza --- Amherst, Ma (413) 256-8911

So she called Domino's a couple of hours after her supervisor walked her back to her dorm because she was so upset?

Wonder if she was alone or talking things through with one (or more) of her friends. If she was with friend(s), obviously that/those people know what upset her so much that night.

So she called Domino's a couple of hours after her supervisor walked her back to her dorm because she was so upset?

Wonder if she was alone or talking things through with one (or more) of her friends. If she was with friend(s), obviously that/those people know what upset her so much that night.

It's not confirmed it was Dominos. Just a match to the last 4 of the number. Police know the full numbers. (I hope, lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ice cream doesn't deliver that late.
:cupcake:

I'm reading old forum posts from a person who seems to be fringely involved and from the Woodsville area. Finding out a few things I didn't know. I fail at linking from my tablet, but the site is findmauramurray.fr.yuku.com and the user is "weeper". If anyone is interested, and can tolerate misspellings and ZOMG CAPS. My ocd is on fire.

from transcripts of FM vs. Special Investigative Unit of the Division of SP of NH, etc

Question from Nancy Smith: Is there specific information, without identifying what that information is, that leads you to believe this case will result in criminal charges?

Answer from Sgt. Todd Landry: Yes.

Is there a liquor store nearby the Kennedy dorms? Anyone who went to Umass recall when liquor stores closed? Was it at midnight?

I'm reading old forum posts from a person who seems to be fringely involved and from the Woodsville area. Finding out a few things I didn't know. I fail at linking from my tablet, but the site is findmauramurray.fr.yuku.com and the user is "weeper". If anyone is interested, and can tolerate misspellings and ZOMG CAPS. My ocd is on fire.

There have been some rumours flying around on old threads that speculate that Butch Atwood knew that someone abducted Maura but was too frightened to say anything because it involved a *prominent family* in the area and he was scared of the repercussions. There does not seem to be a shred of evidence for this though and I dont even know where this came from.

Could a person theoretically walk through it, or is it completely snowed in?

There are locked gates from ditch to ditch. No upkeep at all. There are usually sno machine tracks but in February it would be well packed with snow and IMO not traversable by foot without snowshoes or a serious shot of determination.

Yeah after I looked into more, it appears that liquor stores in Mass close at 11. I just thought that if they closed at 12, and Maura had an upsetting talk with her sister, she may have made a mad dash to get some booze before closing time.

There have been some rumours flying around on old threads that speculate that Butch Atwood knew that someone abducted Maura but was too frightened to say anything because it involved a *prominent family* in the area and he was scared of the repercussions. There does not seem to be a shred of evidence for this though and I dont even know where this came from.

it seems to have come from, or at least been believed by, "weeper", who turns out to be Frank Kelly, one of the private investigators working Maura'a case. From what I have read (so far), because of inconsistencies in BA's words and the results of polygraphs, plus some odd statements, some of the investigators believe he knew more than he told. They did not believe he was involved himself.

as far as I have gotten in this particular bundle of fun (I really struggle when people speak in all caps), FK believes that there was a "first" accident in Woodsville where Maura was abducted and/or killed. He believes the second accident, the one we are familiar with, was staged. The "well connected" man was also known to be a violent sex addict, according to locals, and he and his girlfriend weren't seen again in the area after Maura disappeared. They lived in the A frame house where cadaver dogs "went bonkers".

it seems to have come from, or at least been believed by, "weeper", who turns out to be Frank Kelly, one of the private investigators working Maura'a case. From what I have read (so far), because of inconsistencies in BA's words and the results of polygraphs, plus some odd statements, some of the investigators believe he knew more than he told. They did not believe he was involved himself.

as far as I have gotten in this particular bundle of fun (I really struggle when people speak in all caps), FK believes that there was a "first" accident in Woodsville where Maura was abducted and/or killed. He believes the second accident, the one we are familiar with, was staged. The "well connected" man was also known to be a violent sex addict, according to locals, and he and his girlfriend weren't seen again in the area after Maura disappeared. They lived in the A frame house where cadaver dogs "went bonkers".

Butch Atwood, from what I have been able to find, has made very few actual quotes about this case. (and I have found him to be pretty consistent with his quotes).

Where some inconsistencies have come into play concerning his statements have been with different news media/reporters accounting statements to him in mentioning him in their stories.

So was Butch Atwood really making false statements or changing his story all the time or were their different interpretations by different reporters being put out there for what he witnessed that night.

That is a big difference as multiple news media were covering the case at the time and not every reporter writing a story is going to interpret what they hear the same way.

This is a person who interviewed Mr. Atwood, as well as having some access to police reports, so I have to assume what he is saying BA said in those cases is going to be more accurate or just as accurate than what was reported in the media.

The specific inconsistencies/odd statements I was thinking of were BA saying he had a background in LE, that he couldn't see the accident site from his bus, that he saw vehicles pass but couldn't identify them, that he even searched French Pond for Maura, that he didn't know the person who later saw Maura on foot, the fact that he backed his bus into a spot he never parked in.

Hasn't it come up in cases like this before where one of the older male witnesses will claim to have a background in LE? Maybe it turns out that they were a security guard at a parking lot 20 years ago or something.

BA had no LE background whatsoever, but appeared to have a lot of LE knowledge and be a "wannabe". I don't really attach much significance to that, because hi. There are a lot of things I have an obsessive interest in, but it doesn't make me a liar or a criminal.

What is pretty fascinating about Maura's case, is that you can literally take evidence and make a case for any of the scenarios that have been put forth. I've changed my "forward leaning" theory more than once. I think the only ones I truly can't get on board with are the ideas that she was abducted but is still alive (the "help me" sighting), and the one where she ran off and had a helper in a tandem car. The rest I brain juggle.

Hasn't it come up in cases like this before where one of the older male witnesses will claim to have a background in LE? Maybe it turns out that they were a security guard at a parking lot 20 years ago or something.

There is definitely some police background from Butch Atwood's family.

His mother had a role in police work as well as being a nurse and (while not 100 percent confirmed) I believe his grandpa (same name as him - Arthur Atwood) was a highly decorated police officer who was killed in the line of duty).

I also think Butch had some role with the taunton police department as well before moving to new hampshire.

Here is his mother's obit info where it mentions she worked for police.

Violet V. (Corbishley) Atwood died Feb 25, 2010 at the age of 91 in Harrisonburg, Va. She was a long time resident of Raynham Mass. and Woodsville, NH. She was married to Myron (Deke) Atwood and had two sons Arthur (Butch) and Barry. She is survived by her younger son, Barry, three grand children and five great grand children. Violet was an RN at Morton Hospital for a number of years and a Special Officer in the Raynham Police Force. A short grave side ceremony will be held at Pleasant St. Cemetery, Raynham, Mass. on April 10, 2010 at 1:00pm. In lieu of flowers please make a donation to the charity of your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member