NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to college two hours away from home, and my parents visited a couple of times. But they never got a hotel room nearby, they'd just drive home. And the semester had just started two weeks earlier. She would have just seen him over winter break, don't you think? Kind of soon for a visit from dad. But that's just me applying my personal take on things. Amherst didn't seem that far from Hanson, but since they all drank at dinner maybe he wasn't able to drive home. Or maybe he was planning to head to CT for work the following morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These are more excellent points. I also went to school two hours from home, and my parents never got a hotel room either. And you are right about winter break. It does seem particularly strange that he would visit her so quickly after break unless there was a reason.

Maybe, like Kathleen told us about the phone call, Maura was just stressed and having trouble with her boyfriend? I think Kathleen also once told Renner that she knew exactly why Fred went up to Amherst, before someone advised her not to tell him.

And we know that according to Fred, he had the motel room before he started drinking. He said that he and Maura returned to the hotel after shopping for cars, and that Maura worked out at the gym. So at least according to Fred, he always planned to stay in the motel.

Some other questions I have:

Wasn't Fred's Corolla towed after the accident? What became of it? How (and when) did he leave Amherst? If the car was damaged to warrant repairs covered by insurance, then I'm sure it wasn't fixed on Sunday. Especially if Fred didn't find out about the accident until mid-morning. So he would have had to get a rental car to go home, or to work, and would have to return to Amherst at some point to get the repaired Corolla.

I'm wondering if HE was the tandem driver, in a rental car. I still don't know where this would lead. This is about the time where my brain turns to mush. LOL

Some other questions I have:

Wasn't Fred's Corolla towed after the accident? What became of it? How (and when) did he leave Amherst? If the car was damaged to warrant repairs covered by insurance, then I'm sure it wasn't fixed on Sunday. Especially if Fred didn't find out about the accident until mid-morning. So he would have had to get a rental car to go home, or to work, and would have to return to Amherst at some point to get the repaired Corolla.

I'm wondering if HE was the tandem driver, in a rental car. I still don't know where this would lead. This is about the time where my brain turns to mush. LOL

Although he spends 50% or more of his statement talking about the rental car, he never tells us about asking for a delivery. Shouldn't he and Maura be stranded at the motel? How did they get to this rental car if it wasn't delivered? Was Maura's Saturn at the motel? If the rental car was delivered, why is this the one thing about the car that he never tells us?

He did tell us in his statement that he had planned to return the rental car the following weekend.

Rick Graves:

Renner says he spoke to a man named Rick Graves, who helped Fred Murray in the search for Maura.

"Rick says the story Fred told him about the night Maura left the party and ended up at the hotel was different from the statement he gave police. Fred told him that Maura had gone to the hotel lobby after the tow truck dropped her off and passed out in a chair. The hotel clerk called his room, woke him up and he went and brought her back to the room."

If Maura is waiting in the lobby, isn't it possible that this is because Fred is not at the motel at this point? Why wouldn't Maura knock on his door if he was there? According to Fred's original story, she had a key card. Passing out in the lobby could be seen as normal if she were drunk, but Officer Ruddock just determined that she was not drunk.

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-saco-connection-is-pretty-cool.html

Continue posting at Thread #12, and leave the insults and personal attacks at the door.

There will be no more warnings. TO's will be issued with no questions asked.

Thanks,

Bessie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members