NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are speculating that she was drunk and you and Chad are speculating that she wasn't. We are both doing the same thing. If you can't prove your side you shouldn't expect others to prove their side just because they disagree with you.

And you are also only speculating that an airbag caused her to get stunned......which is another speculation on your part. So again unless you can prove she was stunned don't require others to prove their theories.

In most places if an airbag comes out they take you to a hospital. I could be wrong about NH. You're saying a missing woman crashed her car because she was drunk. I'm just saying you can't prove that or that she had a drinking problem. There is a reason they take you to the hospital if you get hit with an airbag.

If you claim she was drunk that is an accusation you should back up with something more than speculation. A fact would be that the airbags were deployed and they can stun you, break a nose and/or cause a concussion.

Good post. The point I am making is Maura's life was cut short and ever since it has been in a goldfish bowl to say the least with any problems she may have had magnified. If we were in such a goldfish bowl as such any flaws which might have soon disappeared are talked about more or less for ever or throughout our lifetimes. As I have mentioned my suspect is Ralph Leon Jackson who I believe was the most prolific Serial Killer in US History with the most high profile crimes and one of his monikers was the Connecticut River Killer when he visited New England to commit his heinous acts which have had such terrible consequences on so many innocent people. I think he preyed on young women with car problems or in car accidents and may even have caused some of them himself. I cannot say he is responsible for Maura's disappearance but he is my suspect and in a 'sick' way unless it can be proved he was elsewhere or someone else committed the crime he will always be the best suspect in this case. If it was him or someone else who committed a murder in this case of course Maura's young life was stopped suddenly in its tracks and that stating the obvious is very sad not to mention the distress it has caused to her family.

Here is a recent blog about recent developments in the case:

Maura Murray: Found? - You Are The Brightside

Chad when all you are doing is purely speculating and in a lot of instances just throwing theories up against the wall you really shouldn't all of a sudden say that others need to prove their theories simply because it is going against what you believe happened (or want to believe happen). We'll just make a deal. When you can start proving your speculation to be true you can start getting on others for saying things that can't be proven. Until then they have every right to find fault with your theories and say what they think happened without you saying they need to prove it.
Sony, I think you should heed your own advice. I've formed my opinions based off the information provided. If someone disagrees, that's one thing, and I will respect someone else's opinion. However, you've made claims while providing no context to them. For an example; Maura and Bill were drug users - Maura was intoxicated. Has drinking issues, and a history of drinking. What is this based on? If you allege something to be true, then you would have to verify it. Otherwise, you're tainting the case even worse with these outrageous claims.

You and I are going to have to agree to disagree. That's all.

Good post. The point I am making is Maura's life was cut short and ever since it has been in a goldfish bowl to say the least with any problems she may have had magnified. If we were in such a goldfish bowl as such any flaws which might have soon disappeared are talked about more or less for ever or throughout our lifetimes. As I have mentioned my suspect is Ralph Leon Jackson who I believe was the most prolific Serial Killer in US History with the most high profile crimes and one of his monikers was the Connecticut River Killer when he visited New England to commit his heinous acts which have had such terrible consequences on so many innocent people. I think he preyed on young women with car problems or in car accidents and may even have caused some of them himself. I cannot say he is responsible for Maura's disappearance but he is my suspect and in a 'sick' way unless it can be proved he was elsewhere or someone else committed the crime he will always be the best suspect in this case. If it was him or someone else who committed a murder in this case of course Maura's young life was stopped suddenly in its tracks and that stating the obvious is very sad not to mention the distress it has caused to her family.

Here is a recent blog about recent developments in the case:

Maura Murray: Found? - You Are The Brightside

Just to add that some people appear to be fooled because Jackson's luck finally ran out with a sloppy crime in 2010 but up until then in my opinion he had the horrible ability and habit of making people disappearance apparently into thin air within a few minutes.

In most places if an airbag comes out they take you to a hospital. I could be wrong about NH. You're saying a missing woman crashed her car because she was drunk. I'm just saying you can't prove that or that she had a drinking problem. There is a reason they take you to the hospital if you get hit with an airbag.

As I have been telling Chad you can't require others to prove their speculation when you can't prove yours. It's just as likely alcohol was the cause as it was her being knocked woozy by some air bag.

If this continues Chad and Cherry are going to need to open up their own Maura Murray thread if they keep on requiring everyone's theories to be proven but their own.

As I have been telling Chad you can't require others to prove their speculation when you can't prove yours. It's just as likely alcohol was the cause as it was her being knocked woozy by some air bag.
Have you been in an accident where people called 911?

If you claim she was drunk that is an accusation you should back up with something more than speculation. A fact would be that the airbags were deployed and they can stun you, break a nose and/or cause a concussion.

It is more than speculation. Evidence in the car shows that she drank some of the red wine. Evidence also shows that she purchased alcohol that was not found in the car. Which means she could of consumed it while driving or consumed it before she drove off. She is not a bad person and I can understand and relate to her because I used to do similar things when I was her age (and we are the same age born in 82). I understand the effects of Alcohol and the desire to escape problems.

<modsnipped quoted post>

And have you not read that none of us (who believe she was drunk) believe she was a bad person? She was just an individual who made bad choices at that point in her life. Lots of kids that age make bad choices. Infact Maura probably wasn't terribly different from a lot of other college aged kids. It's just fact though that a lot of college aged kids make bad decisions when it comes to their personal lives.

<modsnipped personalized response>

Last edited by a moderator:
It is more than speculation. Evidence in the car shows that she drank some of the red wine. Evidence also shows that she purchased alcohol that was not found in the car. Which means she could of consumed it while driving or consumed it before she drove off. She is not a bad person and I can understand and relate to her because I used to do similar things when I was her age (and we are the same age born in 82). I understand the effects of Alcohol and the desire to escape problems.

Could she have drank it after the accident?

And have you not read that none of us (who believe she was drunk) believe she was a bad person? She was just an individual who made bad choices at that point in her life. Lots of kids that age make bad choices. Infact Maura probably wasn't terribly different from a lot of other college aged kids. It's just fact though that a lot of college aged kids make bad decisions when it comes to their personal lives.

Just because you don't agree with someone's opinion doesn't give the right to expect more proof of that opinion than you do of your own.

It's not that I don't agree, it's that you've presented opinions as facts.

While we can't necessarily prove she drank alcohol or was intoxicated, it's proven she purchased alcohol before she left. It's within my opinion, that she wasn't intoxicated, which I've stated in my previous posts along with the reasons behind it. We can't know for certain whether the Franzia wine box was used since it spilled. A lot of it is purely just speculation based on what you believe the evidence suggests.

This debate isn't about judging Maura's character on the error of her ways. Not at in the slightest. She made mistakes and that's part of growing up. Everybody is going to face challenges in their life, some are just better at hiding it. We're human beings. It's beyond my comprehension what Maura was thinking or feeling at that time. I can imagine she was scared. Maura was extremely smart and incredibly talented. It just sucks that we don't know what happened to her. I feel empathy toward her family and friends. They have been dealing with agony of not knowing what happened to her for 15 years. They deserve closure.

It's not that I don't agree, it's that you've presented opinions as facts.

Everyone on here is basically presenting opinions as fact. It's something you and Chad are guilty of as well. Just look at what you said earlier. You tried to present that it was fact that she would have been stunned or concussed when the only evidence you have that she could have been stunned or concussed is that an airbag was released. And you used that as a way to say I had to give proof that she would have been drunk.

Folks, threads are shut down here at WebSleuths regularly due to bickering.

I'd like to be able to discuss Ms. Murray's disappearance on into the future. Perhaps others do as well.

Scroll&roll can be a good forum technique. Before the recent update, WS had an Ignore feature, a poster could Ignore another & so avoid reading their posts. IDK if that remains available.

We all have opinions, and we all have options....

JMHO YMMV

Just to add that some people appear to be fooled because Jackson's luck finally ran out with a sloppy crime in 2010 but up until then in my opinion he had the horrible ability and habit of making people disappearance apparently into thin air within a few minutes.
What is your opinion of the bus driver. If he just happened to pass her and did nothing wrong I feel bad saying otherwise.

What is your opinion of the bus driver. If he just happened to pass her and did nothing wrong I feel bad saying otherwise.
I don't think Butch had any bad intentions. While he may or may not be the last person who saw Maura, he was painted in a bad spotlight. His testimonies were confusing at times. I think new reports and law enforcement had a lot of conflicting information being passed back and forth, which is why Butch was confused why someone claimed he said Maura was intoxicated, even though he claimed she wasn't.

I was only able to find this clip of the interview he gave but not the full version. Does anyone know where to find it?

To be honest I do not know. I would be speculating but guess would be he likely did nothing wrong and was just passing and Maura's life would have been saved if she had accepted a lift. Perhaps the reason she did not was the shock of having a couple of accidents in quick succession. As I say I am speculating now as I was not there. My suspect is the one I have mentioned before based on the fact in my opinion he was a very dangerous man indeed and that really is an understatement.

To be honest I do not know. I would be speculating but guess would be he likely did nothing wrong and was just passing and Maura's life would have been saved if she had accepted a lift. Perhaps the reason she did not was the shock of having a couple of accidents in quick succession. As I say I am speculating now as I was not there. My suspect is the one I have mentioned before based on the fact in my opinion he was a very dangerous man indeed and that really is an understatement.
Just curious, have you read into this woman - Shelia LaBarre? She mainly targeted men but was affiliated in the Epping, New Hampshire area. In the Wikipedia page, it mentioned that police found bone fragments of toes that were never identified and weren't associated with the two men she killed. This is far out there but would it be possible for Maura to trust a stranger that was a woman over a man?

What would be great is if there were a very large search effort (500+ people) to grid and walk that entire area - finding her remains would give her family and others the closure that they need. As time goes by any bones, clothing, etc winds up deteriorating and getting spread around...

Just curious, have you read into this woman - Shelia LaBarre? She mainly targeted men but was affiliated in the Epping, New Hampshire area. In the Wikipedia page, it mentioned that police found bone fragments of toes that were never identified and weren't associated with the two men she killed. This is far out there but would it be possible for Maura to trust a stranger that was a woman over a man?

Interesting post I will read up into that. Although I take a keen interest in our shared morbid subject of true crime in crimes I try and solve I really only have one suspect :) and will leave it to you others to put other ones forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong