NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 #15

Here's my opinion regarding Maura's trip up north:

Maura was afraid, very afraid of being kicked out of school. So, she did what anyone of us would do at 21. She looked back into her past in order to come up with a solution. And that is - transfer schools.
Burlington, VT is well known for UVM. UVM has a nursing program that is pretty generous for acceptance rate and transfer applications are due in like May.
rsbm
Welcome @tacodog. Interesting suggestions. I'm a bit biased, but I don't think UVM is necessarily an easier school to get into than UMass, especially if you're coming from out of state. But if you want to enjoy easy access to great skiing while you're in school there's really no comparison.

The NH area could be dicey with ski season. Even in a pandemic, it’s tough to get lodging this close. Burlington/Stowe/Winooski VT area, you may have better luck: source - I went to college there ;)

I do hope, for her family, that they will get the answers they’ve been searching for and hopefully, some peace.

Tim Callery
@TimCalWMUR

Today marks the 18th anniversary of the disappearance of Maura Murray. Tonight at 7:30, her family will host a virtual vigil. They are asking people to post a photo or video of a candle with #mauramurray #maura18.

Quote Tweet:

Julie Murray

@JulieMurray2_9

BLOG: 18 long years this Wednesday. Join us by lighting a candle at 7:30 pm EST. Let’s light up the sky for Maura #mauramurray

Maura Murray Official

This has always been pretty much my theory too.
I just cannot see her walking off and dying from the elements and searchers not finding her in all this time. She would have had to walk miles in horrible weather to get outside their search grid.
I think Israel Keyes is an interesting thought but the timeline seems to rule that out.
Unfortunately people succumb to the elements a lot in NH and are never found.

Dogs would have found her..her scent vanished...she vanished and that tells me she got into a car..decomp dogs would have no trouble getting thru the woods and locating her body..even if she crawled inside a log to sleep it off, which has been known to happen due to hypothermia ..the dogs would have found her body...she could only go so far I would think with the snow...so she would be in a radius..

so I really think she got in a car with someone. mOO
Honestly, it depends how well trained the dogs are. ESPECIALLY in regards to real world practice outside of mock events. Not all dogs are equally skilled. Though they are equally awesome.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Do NOT use the full names of any individual who has not been officially named by LE to be either a POI or suspect in any case. Please use initials only or your post will be removed.

Also, Reddit is not an approved source at Websleuths. What you've read there, read somewhere, heard somewhere, is rumor, is not MSM or LE or an approved source. Unless you can provide a link to an approved source your post will be removed along with all responses to it.

Thank you.

Last edited:
People like to try to attach a name and face to mysteries like this. More times than not though when dissapearances or murders happen the mystery is often solved within the victims social circle. There is a lot we don't know about Maura's social life. 21 year old college girls who enjoy a drink here and there often have a pretty wide social circle. Chances are likely much better that if Maura was murdered it was by someone she knew instead of by some known serial killer just hanging out in the middle of nowhere.

I will say this. In more modern times when you hear about young ladies searching for hotel rooms and then leaving on some random out of nowhere trip you would often go 'ok who were her online boyfriends'

After watching this very interesting program about Maura Murray, which was done in 2017, I was hoping there would be some leads or some new leads-- Unfortunately it appears there is no new information on what happened to this young woman. I tend to agree with the woman who did this investigation, I think after her car crashed, someone came a long and offered her some help and wound up killing her. It wasn't a serial killer, or Israel Keyes (eyeroll), but some guy looking for an opportunity and there it was.

After watching this very interesting program about Maura Murray, which was done in 2017, I was hoping there would be some leads or some new leads-- Unfortunately it appears there is no new information on what happened to this young woman. I tend to agree with the woman who did this investigation, I think after her car crashed, someone came a long and offered her some help and wound up killing her. It wasn't a serial killer, or Israel Keyes (eyeroll), but some guy looking for an opportunity and there it was.

The Oxygen program was a very amateur attempt at investigating the case. Two of the main people on that show were those guys from the Missing Maura Murray channel for crying out loud.

The Oxygen Documentary helped give this case a lot of attention. While a majority of the information relatively known to those closely following the case, it was a starters lesson for anyone new. It provided context which would tell a better story of the events leading up to her disappearance. The documentary series did, in some way, help push it back into the spotlight. Imagine if it had not existed? Would there have been a mass resurgence in the case? For all of its shortcomings and flaws, without it, Maura's case wouldn't be where it is today. Let us remind ourselves that information is constantly changing and new details emerge with every passing day. What was relevant then, may not be so now but that doesn't dismiss its importance for what it entails. Maura's case is a baffling mystery. A case that we can hope and pray reaches a conclusion.

Last edited:
I think after her car crashed, someone came a long and offered her some help and wound up killing her.

I think it's possible, but it was only a few minutes before the police arrived and the neighbor opposite where she crashed only took her eyes off her for a minute or two as well.

What were the chances of someone driving along, pulling over and picking her up in that small gap of time?

It was a rural road in the depths of winter. There couldn't have been too many cars about.

I'm not saying someone didn't drive along and pick Maura up, but what's the probability that it happened in such a small time frame when no-one was watching or before police arrived.

I think it's possible, but it was only a few minutes before the police arrived and the neighbor opposite where she crashed only took her eyes off her for a minute or two as well.

What were the chances of someone driving along, pulling over and picking her up in that small gap of time?

It was a rural road in the depths of winter. There couldn't have been too many cars about.

I'm not saying someone didn't drive along and pick Maura up, but what's the probability that it happened in such a small time frame when no-one was watching or before police arrived.

If I had to guess, I’d guess that she went into the undergrowth at the side of the road, to hide from the police deliberately, probably because she didn’t want to take a blood alcohol test. And that then she got turned around, went deeper into the trees, and died, probably of hypothermia. And after that, she just wasn’t found, in the way that happens so often.

MOO

If I had to guess, I’d guess that she went into the undergrowth at the side of the road, to hide from the police deliberately, probably because she didn’t want to take a blood alcohol test. And that then she got turned around, went deeper into the trees, and died, probably of hypothermia. And after that, she just wasn’t found, in the way that happens so often.

MOO

I basically agree. I'm not sure it even had to be deliberate. The shock and disorientation of having just been in an accident might have caused confusion, especially if the crash caused a head injury or whiplash. And nobody would survive for long in those conditions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back