NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 #15

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
21-year-old Maura Murray disappeared on Monday, February 9, 2004 following a minor 1-car accident on Route 112 near Woodsville, New Hampshire.
mauramurray.jpg

maura-murray.jpg

Previous threads:
#1#2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14

Other links:

Maura Murray Missing - 勃起障害を克服する! - 勃起障害を克服する!

NamUs - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/murray_maura.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Third option: during travel, succumbed to accident -- death by misadventure.

(Spell-check is your friend, BTW YMMV JMHO)

Last edited:
Lol, you could tell that that first youtuber was just reading straight from a script he wrote. Oh well. At least he wrote a script. Sorry @jaejae but I have decided to stop watching any youtube videos regarding this case.

Lol, you could tell that that first youtuber was just reading straight from a script he wrote. Oh well. At least he wrote a script. Sorry @jaejae but I have decided to stop watching any youtube videos regarding this case.

I know what you mean but I still like to study the case as best I can. But I know what you mean and I have given up on most of the so called experts in the case including James Renner. I just want to see some answers for Maura's Dad and her family. He may be a little intense but who can blame him and I have found his search for his daughter in the Disappeared program and beyond very moving. But I know what you mean about some of the You Tube videos but you can still study them for information and take out what you want. Thanks

I know what you mean but I still like to study the case as best I can. But I know what you mean and I have given up on most of the so called experts in the case including James Renner. I just want to see some answers for Maura's Dad and her family. He may be a little intense but who can blame him and I have found his search for his daughter in the Disappeared program and beyond very moving. But I know what you mean about some of the You Tube videos but you can still study them for information and take out what you want. Thanks

Saying he is intense it is his daughter who is missing.

I'm no fan of Renner as anyone who regularly reads this thread can attest but i wouldn't call it "pleasure at their discomfort". I'd more say he's very conspiracy minded and he's also got his own motives since he writes about true crime for a living. Agreed with how he's treated the family in general though. Think SW, BR, and maybe EL have done more damage than Renner considering they all had/have the support of her family.

It's interesting that he's so widely criticized for his work on Maura's case and yet there seems to be nothing but praise for how he's approached Amy Mihaljevic's case. Wonder what he's doing different? Not that familiar with Amy's case.

It’s because Renner has A suspicion about a facet of the Murray case that has never been discussed on any forum that I know of. It would never apply to the Mihaljevic case.

It’s because Renner has A suspicion about a facet of the Murray case that has never been discussed on any forum that I know of. It would never apply to the Mihaljevic case.

What suspicion? Honestly whatever it is it probably has been discussed either here or Reddit or Topix. So many out there and disgusting things have been discussed in regards to this case that i'd be surprised if it's something that's never been touched upon.

Oh it is stuff that has been discussed. It's just not theories or topics that a lot of people within this particular thread like to discuss. Given how common it generally is that people disappear at the hands of someone they knew (or at least people they knew were involved in it in some way) you know it is going to be discussed all over the place. It's just not discussed by a lot of people that post here.

Oh it is stuff that has been discussed. It's just not theories or topics that a lot of people within this particular thread like to discuss. Given how common it generally is that people disappear at the hands of someone they knew (or at least people they knew were involved in it in some way) you know it is going to be discussed all over the place. It's just not discussed by a lot of people that post here.

Well he said it's never been discussed on forums so it can't be Bill or Fred or whoever having something to do with her disappearance since those have been discussed countless times, unless he's wrong about it never being discussed on forums. I've got a feeling i know what it is, if i'm correct it's in relation to Fred and it's really disgusting regardless of what you think of Fred with zero evidence for it.

I think peoples main issue with discussing them is how unlikely they are due to the circumstances of her disappearance, Bill Rausch is one of the most frequently discussed people in this case though. I was discussing Bill just on the last page as well as in PM's with a member here. Personally i just don't think he was involved but he's clearly a bad person so i understand why people suspect him.

I think peoples main issue with discussing them is how unlikely they are due to the circumstances of her disappearance, BR is one of the most frequently discussed people in this case though. I was discussing BR just on the last page as well as in PM's with a member here. Personally i just don't think he was involved but he's clearly a bad person so i understand why people suspect him.

BR may not be directly involved but I do think it is possible he may know what happened to her. We only know a small fraction of the people Maura associated with and while there is a good chance the handful of people we know of weren't directly involved with her disappearance there is probably a very good chance someone she knew (that we don't know about) was directly involved.

I think that is far more likely than her running into some random killer out in the middle of nowhere.

BR may not be directly involved but I do think it is possible he may know what happened to her. We only know a small fraction of the people Maura associated with and while there is a good chance the handful of people we know of weren't directly involved with her disappearance there is probably a very good chance someone she knew (that we don't know about) was directly involved.

I think that is far more likely than her running into some random killer out in the middle of nowhere.

You are more likely to be killed by someone you know, but in close proximity to a wooded area while drunk, possibly emotionally/mentally stressed and after a crash (you are probably trying to flee if she was drunk) you'd be more likely to die of exposure than to be killed whether by someone you know or not. So why isn't that your #1 theory if you are basing this entirely on likelihood?

BR was in Oklahoma at the time of the crash and didn't arrive in Haverhill until 3 days later. So you have to assume after the crash Maura got somewhere, didn't contact anyone for 3 days then BR somehow found free time during the search to find and kill and bury Maura. It's very farfetched, i do think it's much more possible she was killed by a stranger than BR since Butch said several cars went past she could have waved one of them down to get quickly away from the crash if she was drunk. Her dying of exposure in those circumstances would be even more likely.

I don't get why you're acting like a stranger killing her is impossible, just because it's more likely someone you know kills you overall doesn't mean it is in every circumstance and it doesn't mean strangers killing you never happens, particularly if you're a vulnerable possibly drunk and distressed female in the middle of nowhere trying to flee a car crash caused by your drunkeness. I watched a documentary about Sarah ***** a few months back. She was a child from England whose mum allowed her to play outside she took her eyes off her for just a couple of minutes and in that time a pedo just happened to drive past he spotted her and took her. This happened in a small rural area with a population of less than 1000. That's even less likely than Maura's circumstance since there's a good chance Maura would have been looking for a ride but it happened.

Did I ever say a stranger killing her was impossible? I think almost anything is a possibility even to the point of her simply disappearing on her own. And yes I think her dying of exposure is the far most likely scenario to happen but I also think if she did meet with foul play it was more likely that it was done by someone she knew.

And in my previous post I was talking about her being killed by someone she knew that we don't technically know about as of yet. I only mentioned it was a possibility BR knew what happened.

Did I ever say a stranger killing her was impossible? I think almost anything is a possibility even to the point of her simply disappearing on her own. And yes I think her dying of exposure is the far most likely scenario to happen but I also think if she did meet with foul play it was more likely that it was done by someone she knew.

And in my previous post I was talking about her being killed by someone she knew that we don't technically know about as of yet. I only mentioned it was a possibility BR knew what happened.

You didn't say so but you've always been very hostile to the idea and treated it as ridiculous when i don't really think it's any more ridiculous than someone she knew killing her considering the circumstances. Glad to see we agree exposure was more likely but if it was foul play i don't agree it is more likely it was someone she knew, in the vast majority of cases i would but not in this one as this was the perfect situation for Maura to end up alone with a stranger while she was vulnerable, of course the odds of that stranger deciding to kill her aren't high but i find that situation more plausible than someone she knew killing her considering what we know.

It's absolutely possible BR knows what happened but personally i don't believe he does. I think his only role in this was as one of the major sources of her personal problems and possibly the reason she wanted to get away for a week to clear her head.

You didn't say so but you've always been very hostile to the idea and treated it as ridiculous when i don't really think it's any more ridiculous than someone she knew killing her considering the circumstances. Glad to see we agree exposure was more likely but if it was foul play i don't agree it is more likely it was someone she knew, in the vast majority of cases i would but not in this one as this was the perfect situation for Maura to end up alone with a stranger while she was vulnerable, of course the odds of that stranger deciding to kill her aren't high but i find that situation more plausible than someone she knew killing her considering what we know.

It's absolutely possible BR knows what happened but personally i don't believe he does. I think his only role in this was as one of the major sources of her personal problems and possibly the reason she wanted to get away for a week to clear her head.

I mainly just view the idea of all these 'named' serial killers being the ones to do it as being a little far fetched. But I do think it is possible that a stranger did kill her but of the three most popular theories it is the least likely in my opinion.

I mainly just view the idea of all these 'named' serial killers being the ones to do it as being a little far fetched. But I do think it is possible that a stranger did kill her but of the three most popular theories it is the least likely in my opinion.

Oh, i completely agree with you that it most likely wasn't some known serial killer like the Connecticut River Valley Killer or whoever. If it was a stranger i think it was probably someone we've never heard of (unless it was Rick Forcier but i doubt it personally) who realized she was vulnerable and tried to or successfully sexually assaulted her then decided he couldn't keep her alive. I think if it was a stranger it was an opportunistic killer like Roy Whiting (the guy i mentioned who killed Sara *****, he was a convicted pedo who was in his 40s and had never killed anyone and wasn't out looking for victims he just happened upon her under the perfect (for him obv) circumstances) not someone who was out there prowling for victims.

Anyway yeah that's fine having that the least likely at least we agree exposure is the most likely. For me it's: 01. exposure 02. killed by a stranger 03. suicide 04. killed by someone she knew 05. fled and is living a new life. Would love for #5 to be the case of course but sadly i don't believe she's alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back