NH NH - Patric McCarthy, 10, Lincoln, 13 Oct 2003

I still am not convinced that Gabe only assaulted Patric. I have to go back and reread how much time the stepbrothers had alone before they went back to where they were staying. I noticed in the soco magazine article that the stepmother was told by police to stay in the condo in case came back and she reportedly left on two different occasions. I can't help but think she had to have known that something was going on with Gabe since others commented on that he was known to be deceitful. And if he was telling people at school before the trip that Patric wouldn't be coming back with them, then it certainly seems premeditated. I wonder if will hear anything about the other stepbrother.

I am so disappointed with how the NH authorities botched this case. There seems to be an issue with Kelly Ayotte covering for and protecting botched investigations.

I remember reading about this case when it happened,It stuck in my brain all this time because of how crazy it seemed that the boy was supposedly racing a mere 300 feet home with his step brothers and then disappears into the woods. Then found miles away dead and the death labeled hypothermia?!?

Just haunted me,glad to see some activity in the case now. A full re-investigation is needed,I can't believe how the authorities are balking at it! There's plenty of reason to reopen it as well as need,there's a child killer still on the loose and can kill again, in my opinion.

I knew the stepbrother Gabe was involved. I just knew it.

www.socomagazine.com

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091018/NEWS/910180321/-1/NEWS11

The stepbrother of Patric McCarthy told a federal investigator he pushed the 10-year-old to the ground, turned him face down and sat on his back the day he disappeared, sources with knowledge of the investigation said this week.
It's a story in sharp contrast to the one told by Gabe Fritz, who was 12 at the time, in the days after Patric disappeared six years ago. At the time, Gabe and Noah Fritz, said they were racing Patric home to the family condo in Lincoln, N.H., when their stepbrother got lost in the woods. He told New Hampshire State Police investigators there was no altercation between him and Patric, according to police records.
But in his statement to the FBI in spring 2008, sources say, Gabe told investigators he was on top of Patric for about a minute before he and Noah helped him to his feet. He described Patric's breathing as "labored." He told investigators Patric was red-faced, flustered and ran in the opposite direction into the woods, the sources said. Gabe also told them he wondered whether the tussle led to his stepbrother's death.
Gabe Fritz, now 18 and living in Johnstown, Ohio, did not return a message seeking comment left on his cell phone.

Now this makes much more sense, although I doubt it is the whole truth either. So let's go back in time-Why take the clothes?? Blood? Evidence of sexual assault perhaps? Did step mom make him go back or did she go back and disrobe the boy yet forget to leave his clothes behind?

Exactly believe! Plus reports said his feet were pointed backwards like he had been dragged, he wasn't in the fetal position to try and stay warm, he only had one scratch on his face and of course, the dirt in his nostrils and on his face but not under his fingernails.

they need to charge the stepbrother gabe with murder.
what are the family dynamics like in that family?
was it the step mother and her stepsons who married gabe's father who had gabe?

http://www.allbusiness.com/government/government-bodies-offices-law-courts/12946319-1.html

(3 page article)
"Aug. 17, Jordan said his team cordoned off the area and photographed Patric's body with a 35 mm camera. The newspaper paraphrases him as saying the photographs were taken down the mountain where state police detectives viewed them and concluded no crime occurred. They later ordered the body brought down the mountain, according to the published report.

But in an interview with the Times Friday, Jordan said both body and the photographs were brought down at the same time. The decision was made to bring the body down after consulting with the state police and assistant medical examiner, he said.

"That's even worse," O'Connell said Friday. "Based on what Jordan is saying today -- that no photographs were presented to state police at the command center prior to the removal of Patric's body -- explains why Jordan is so determined to cover this up. The reason now is glaringly obvious, the state police made the decision not to go to the scene based on Jordan's determination that there was no foul play."

it sounds like capt. jordan made some bad calls based on his whole 5 years as a police officer. :rolleyes:

Hard to think that a person/child could just never be seen or heard from and nobody notices till years afterwards??

Hard to think that a person/child could just never be seen or heard from and nobody notices till years afterwards??

What? Everyone noticed he was dead.
The question is, was he murdered or was it accidental?

ABC 6 NEWS INVESTIGATION: The Death of Patric McCarthy
Chris Boardman

Story Created: Feb 1, 2010 at 5:39 PM EST

(Story Updated: Feb 5, 2010 at 12:11 AM EST )

A family vacation ended in tragedy with the death of their 10-year-old child.
Was it an accident, or murder?

Video

http://www.abc6.com/news/83290872.html

Here's ABC 6 News Investigative Reporter Parker Gavigan's entire report, in one place.

This makes my blood boil.

Why won't they admit the obvious?

If you start with the fact that Patric did not die of hypothermia then you can get the investigation on the right track.

WAS it? Let's see, the chief suspect admits he sat on the kid and buried his face in the dirt. Patric had dirt packed into his nostrils.....

I haven't seen CSI in months, but this one seems pretty straightforward to me.

Your observation of Capt Jordans Police experience is right on the money, He was a Police Officer in Whitefield, N.H. Population 1500. I am sure he was the lead investigator for numerous murders and unattended deaths in that Town?

Bumping for Patric. No new articles.

Salem

http://wbztv.com/local/Patric.McCarthy.missing.2.1575969.html

Mar 20, 2010 1:12 am US/Eastern Case Of Missing Boy Found Dead Won't Be Re-Opened Reporting
Beth Germano CONCORD, N.H. (WBZ)

The mother of a ten-year old Cape Cod boy who was found dead in the White Mountains in 2003 says she's disappointed the New Hampshire attorney general isn't re-opening the case.

Deanne Murray is convinced her son Patric McCarthy was a murder victim, even though investigators say they have found no one to prosecute.

i dont get how 6 experts say he was murdered but the medical examiner says hypothermia........being suffocated and hypothermia would present two drastically diffrent body conditions

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back