NH - Kassandra - Benjamin - Mason Sweeney Shot to Death in Northfield - Juvenile Charged *ARREST*

Did Kassandra have a job? This is such a sad case. Why would anyone just murder two toddlers like that? This seems personal.
I’m unable to verify 100%, but a woman with a unique name and works as a nurse at The Elliot Hospital made a comment on the donation page that Kassandra would be missed at work. From the NHBON website license verification here, I see that there is a Kassandra R. Sweeney registered as a nursing assistant. It’s possible she was a nursing assistant at Elliot. This is MOO.

Edited for clarity.

NORTHFIELD, N.H. —
Law enforcement will be searching areas in Tilton and Northfield on Saturday in connection to the ongoing investigation into the triple homicide of a mother and her two sons.

<snip>

The New Hampshire Attorney General's Office said New Hampshire State Police and other law enforcement agencies will be in Tilton and Northfield in the areas of Shaker Road, Laconia Road, Wethersfield Road, Tilton Road, and the ramp areas entering I-93.

The search is for physical evidence and is part of the investigation and not the result of new information in the case. The search poses no danger to the public, the Attorney General's Office said.

Officials asked the public to stay off properties of the search area, allow investigators to complete their work and for the public to respect the privacy of residents in the area.

NORTHFIELD, N.H. —
Law enforcement will be searching areas in Tilton and Northfield on Saturday in connection to the ongoing investigation into the triple homicide of a mother and her two sons.

<snip>

The New Hampshire Attorney General's Office said New Hampshire State Police and other law enforcement agencies will be in Tilton and Northfield in the areas of Shaker Road, Laconia Road, Wethersfield Road, Tilton Road, and the ramp areas entering I-93.

The search is for physical evidence and is part of the investigation and not the result of new information in the case. The search poses no danger to the public, the Attorney General's Office said.

Officials asked the public to stay off properties of the search area, allow investigators to complete their work and for the public to respect the privacy of residents in the area.
I am thinking they are looking for the gun? And perhaps charges for more than one person will come? JMO

^^rsbm

It sounds like the search area is about a 3-mile radius or 7-minute drive from the house where authorities are searching.

IMO, the 911 call was likely by the perp suggesting people might be injured at the residence. I'm also recalling very early that a silver ford f150 seen at Walmart was towed (from the property). MOO

I'm going to guess, and could be wrong, that threats were made to the family before by this person or persons, and fortunately the husband is still alive to have shared that with LE (assuming he even knew - maybe another family member or friend was aware of possible threats), but they don't have enough evidence yet to make an arrest until they find more evidence. It's so awfully hot right now - hoping LE is well hydrated and trying to stay cool during their searches.

Edited to add - it also seems that LE knows who did this, so it is odd to me that they can't bring someone in for questioning just to detain them and grill them about their whereabouts, yet at the same time they seem to feel this person or persons are not a danger to the public.

Edited to add - it also seems that LE knows who did this, so it is odd to me that they can't bring someone in for questioning just to detain them and grill them about their whereabouts, yet at the same time they seem to feel this person or persons are not a danger to the public.
^^rsbbm

There are many reasons why authorities may not have detained, questioned, or arrested the suspect and where authorities still believe the public is safe (from the suspect).

For example, the perp may have shot themselves or inflicted another form of self-harm and are under sedation or otherwise where they can't be questioned or acknowledge their Miranda warning.

All I'm seeing from LE tells me they have identified the suspect and are confident of the party's status, and that the public is not in danger here. MOO

I’m unable to verify 100%, but a woman with a unique name and works as a nurse at The Elliot Hospital made a comment on the donation page that Kassandra would be missed at work. From the NHBON website license verification here, I see that there is a Kassandra R. Sweeney registered as a nursing assistant. It’s possible she was a nursing assistant at Elliot. This is MOO.

Edited for clarity
I hope this doesn't go against any rules here but I work for the Elliot and we did receive an email yesterday that Kassandra was a nursing assistant within the organization.

I think that we need to be smart enough to read between the lines here.

All comments lead me to believe that LE is confident in what they are doing. There can be several reasons why someone has yet to be charged. The long pauses and thoughtful answers tell me there is a lot going on and LE is being very careful.

We all knew Leticia Stauch murdered Gannon but it took quite a while to finally haul her in. We learned a lot after the Charging Documents were released.

Patience is required on this one I fear. I also think LE has this well in hand.

This is a terrible tragedy for this family. I cannot imagine their pain.

MOO

I may be wrong, but it seems like a planned and methodical crime by someone who had easy access to a weapon. I suspect an adult, possibly related to the victims. Someone who isn't going anywhere, so LE is being methodical as well. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back