NH - Kassandra - Benjamin - Mason Sweeney Shot to Death in Northfield - Juvenile Charged *ARREST*

Not really any much information but there is a fb post from the husband/dad in the report. Tragic!! I can't even begin to fathom what he is going through. His precious family gone!

So, the aforeposted article indicates LE has identified all parties involved. A triple homicide that was not random. There has been no arrest. There is no threat to the public. Is there something obvious I'm missing here? I'm perplexed.

I would think, and I'm not LE here, but I would think if LE knows all parties involved, and there is no threat to the public, then the murderer is either dead, locked up in a secure facility somewhere, or is some how otherwise being detained in custody.

How long can a potential suspect be held without charge?

So, the aforeposted article indicates LE has identified all parties involved. A triple homicide that was not random. There has been no arrest. There is no threat to the public. Is there something obvious I'm missing here? I'm perplexed.
The article does not add anything that wasn't previously stated by the Asst AG (Geoff Ward) at the first presser.

IMO, authorities are confident of the location and status of the alleged offender. In NH, like every other state, the rules of criminal procedure govern the judicial clock that begins the moment a defendant is arrested.

We can't forget that the DA only gets one bite at the apple here and better to delay an arrest until they have the evidence in place to win a conviction -- the ultimate goal for justice for the Sweeney family, than jump the gun to satisfy the public interest. MOO

Updated on August 8, 2022 at 11:59 am​

What do we know?

Authorities said Friday that no arrests have been made in connection with the triple murder investigation.

Law enforcement responding to a 911 call that people may be hurt inside a Wethersfield Drive home in Northfield found the three bodies inside around 11:30 a.m. last Wednesday. The attorney general initially said the deaths were being investigated as suspicious but released very few other details.

Senior Assistant Attorney General Geoff Ward released little new information during a press conference Friday, but said investigators will leave "no stone unturned." He stressed that the investigation was still in its early stages and it was too soon to say when or if an arrest will be made.

"There's still active work ongoing at the scene. We're still early in this investigation," he said.

Officials would not say Friday who made the 911 call or whether an arrest is imminent.

[..]

Weekend search

Authorities searched areas in two New Hampshire towns on Saturday as part of their investigation into the killings.

The attorney general's office said state police and other law enforcement agencies would be in Northfield and Tilton on Saturday in the areas of Wethersfield Road, Shaker Road, Tilton Road and Laconia Road, along with the ramp areas entering Interstate 93.

They said the search activity posed no danger to the public and would consist of a search for physical evidence. The search was not the result of new information in the case but is part of the ongoing investigation. No further information was released.

[..]

Husband, father of victims speaks out

[..]

Sweeney spoke about the case for the first time in a Facebook post Sunday morning.

"I wanted to thank everyone for the outreach and support, while things will never be 'normal' again my body finally shut down and let me get some sleep last night and I woke up feeling as 'normal' as possible," he wrote.

Sweeney said he is "unable to confirm anything as to what happened and who is responsible" and called his wife Kassandra "the most amazing, caring, sweetest all around good person that anyone could ever meet...," while adding that she loved their children very much.

"It is our job now to keep their memories alive..Kassandra Rae Sweeney Benjamin Michael Sweeney Mason Lee Sweeney They will be forever loved and missed and forever in my heart I hope that goes for each and every other person who reads my ramblings. Thanks again to everyone the love and support I have gotten from you has truly been what has kept me going I know I havent answered many of you but I am seeing it and I am very grateful."

[..]

Catching up on this one after I made my initial assumptions last week. This is going to end up being something crazy isn't it? My guess is that it was someone romantically obsessed with the dad who went so far off the deep end she is being held on just psychiatric grounds at this time. Pure speculation though.

Last edited:
Catching up on this one after I made my initial assumptions last week. This is going to end up being something crazy isn't it? My guess is that it was someone romantically obsessed with the dad who went so far off the deep end she is being held on just psychiatric grounds at this time. Pure speculation though.
Those were my same thoughts.

There may be a "large police presence" along I-93 today related to the investigation:

New Hampshire police continue search for evidence in killings of mother and two children
From your link.

“The search activity poses no danger to the public and will consist of a search for physical evidence,” officials said in a statement issued by the state attorney general’s office. “The search activity is not the result of new information in the case but is part of the ongoing investigative process.”

The state attorney general’s office said I-93 commuters should prepare to follow any road signage in the area, so investigators have enough space to continue their evidence collection.

The article does not add anything that wasn't previously stated by the Asst AG (Geoff Ward) at the first presser.

IMO, authorities are confident of the location and status of the alleged offender. In NH, like every other state, the rules of criminal procedure govern the judicial clock that begins the moment a defendant is arrested.

We can't forget that the DA only gets one bite at the apple here and better to delay an arrest until they have the evidence in place to win a conviction -- the ultimate goal for justice for the Sweeney family, than jump the gun to satisfy the public interest. MOO

I think the DA will do well to learn well from the Barry Morphew fiasco. One obvious suspect.

I think it is notable that that the police have not ruled out the husband.

Reporters also asked whether the children’s father was a witness or person of interest.

“The father is somebody we have been in contact with, who has been very cooperative and helpful in this investigation,” Ward said. “Our victim/witness advocate is working with him and his family and providing services, and he is obviously beyond devastated as a result of these crimes.”

I wonder if they had recently taken in a friend or family member who needed a place to stay? Or somehow there was another person (man IMO) living there or who was there a lot. They trusted him like family and he had a psychotic break or got jealous or something? All MOO trying to make this make sense. MOO

Child Charged With Murdering Woman, Her 2 Kids in Northfield, NH

Juvenile Charged in Connection with Northfield Homicides​

Concord, NH – Attorney General John M. Formella, State Police Colonel Nathan Noyes, and Northfield Police Chief John Raffaelly announce that an arrest has been made in connection with the triple homicide in Northfield.

A juvenile has been arrested and charged under the juvenile laws with three counts of first-degree murder and one count of falsifying physical evidence in connection with the homicides of Kassandra Sweeney, age 25, and her two sons Benjamin Sweeney, age 4, and Mason Sweeney, age 1, in Northfield on August 3, 2022.

As previously reported, the investigation to date has revealed that on August 3, 2022, at approximately 11:33 a.m., law enforcement officers arrived at 56 Wethersfield Drive in Northfield, New Hampshire in response to a 911 call for service. Upon their arrival, officers located the three deceased individuals inside the residence.
Autopsies were conducted by Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Jennie V. Duval. Dr. Duval determined that the cause of Ms. Sweeney's death was a single gunshot wound, and the manner of her death was homicide. In addition, Dr. Duval determined that the cause of Benjamin's death was a single gunshot wound, and the manner of his death was homicide. Dr. Duval also determined that the cause of Mason's death was a single gunshot wound, and the manner of his death was homicide.

Since the alleged perpetrator is a juvenile, the law precludes any further information from being released. See RSA 169-B:36, I ("It shall be unlawful for any person to disclose court records or any part thereof to persons other than those persons entitled to access under RSA 169-B:35, except by court order. Any person who knowingly violates this provision shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.").

The charges and allegations against the juvenile are merely accusations, and he is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.
statement from the NH DOJ

no other info available at this time. Not the age or sex of the juvenile.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back