NH - Woman Falls Off Boat in Narragansett Bay, Husband Doesn’t Notice For Hours, 18 Aug 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Investigators are trying to learn more about a bizarre incident off the coast of Rhode Island. A woman said she fell off a sailboat and her husband didn’t know she had been overboard for hours in Narragansett Bay.

The woman was found on Prudence Island at around 4 a.m. Saturday by a passing boater who heard her cries for help.

Her husband was found around 2 a.m. in Warwick after he ran his sailboat aground. The man told local police he thought his wife was below deck sleeping and didn't realize she was missing.

“The story’s a little cloudy,” a Petty Officer said.

The incident remains under investigation by the state Department of Environmental Management.

Woman falls from sailboat off coast of Rhode Island; husband apparently didn't notice for hours

Woman rescued early Saturday after falling off sailboat

Sorta' reminds me of the 2013 drowning of Ninive Petrocelli in the Block Island Sound. (Although her husband did hear a splash and screams). Maybe it happens but definitely seems like a "cloudy" story to me, too.

Investigators are trying to learn more about a bizarre incident off the coast of Rhode Island. A woman said she fell off a sailboat and her husband didn’t know she had been overboard for hours in Narragansett Bay.

The woman was found on Prudence Island at around 4 a.m. Saturday by a passing boater who heard her cries for help.

Her husband was found around 2 a.m. in Warwick after he ran his sailboat aground. The man told local police he thought his wife was below deck sleeping and didn't realize she was missing.

“The story’s a little cloudy,” a Petty Officer said.

The incident remains under investigation by the state Department of Environmental Management.

Woman falls from sailboat off coast of Rhode Island; husband apparently didn't notice for hours

Woman rescued early Saturday after falling off sailboat

Bahahahaha!

Thank goodness she is OK! Although- I'm guessing he's in a bit of trouble.

Sounds like there's a high probability alcohol was involved in this mishap!

The husband had been drinking alcohol.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/21/husba...ell-overboard-off-sailboat-until-hours-later/

The couple set sail around noon Saturday from Newport, R.I. The operator of the boat told Warwick police later that he remembered striking the Claiborne Pell Bridge around 1 p.m. His next memory was not until 11 p.m., when he awoke and found his sailboat had run aground at Conimicut Point Beach, and his wife was missing.

The man made it back to his marina around 2 a.m., where he called police to report his missing wife.

R.I. woman falls off sailboat, makes it to island in Narragansett Bay - The Boston Globe

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back