Australia - Nicole Cartwright, 32, found dead in park, Hunters Hill, 3 Oct 2018 *killer died in jail

It will depend on forensics, which will take about 6+ weeks.

Surely she didn't beat herself to death.

Well that's the point - she wasn't beaten to death. Something else caused her death. My guess would be at this point, an overdose. Maybe the person(s) involved brought her to the toilets to freshen her up, to no avail. Maybe the non-fatal beatings were also an attempt to wake her up or do CPR? just my speculation

It does sound as if the police are receiving many tips and may have some good indications about who may be responsible for this murder.

"Yes I have had suspicions ... someone she had spoken to me about. That’s why I went to CrimeStoppers. Every bit of information helps."
Lisa is unable to talk about any information she may have reported to police, however it is understood she has met with detectives.

Homicide squad commander Detective Superintendent Scott Cook said investigators had received "vast amounts of information" from the public.
"It is very clear that Nicole was a great friend and well-liked, and members of the community are feeding through whatever information they can," he said.
Nicole Cartwright 'disappeared' off social media before death: friends

Well that's the point - she wasn't beaten to death. Something else caused her death. My guess would be at this point, an overdose. Maybe the person(s) involved brought her to the toilets to freshen her up, to no avail. Maybe the non-fatal beatings were also an attempt to wake her up or do CPR? just my speculation

Possibly the injuries occurred from a seizure from drugs and then the overdose killed Nicole. The person/persons paniked and disposed of her body. They could have used the bathroom to either revive Nicole or clean themselves before leaving the scene.

When watching the video of Nicole on the train, I couldn't help but notice she almost always looks forward after a little while, as if she was scared of someone behind her. Just before she pulls the leaver to indicate her stop (starts at 2 mins+ maybe), she pulls down her cap & adjusts her hair to cover her face possibly from anyone behind... then a guy (mentioned by others) gets up & gets off behind her... a guy that got on when she did. eek

In the above cctv you see many men - wearing similar clothes/backpacks - get on when she does (only from about 25 secs into the video). Then, when she gets off we only see one of them. Easily identifiable from those that get on, but the video cuts short & we don’t see another get off... hmm. Because no one did? They’d show it right, if another got off?... very suss!

Here is a still of a guy that gets on the bus at the same time as Nicole (top or left), and gets off at the same time (right or below). Do you reckon it's the same guy?

Attachments

• guy who got on.png
    guy who got on.png
    532.7 KB · Views: 59
  • guy who gets off.png
    guy who gets off.png
    612 KB · Views: 50
Here is a still of a guy that gets on the bus at the same time as Nicole (top or left), and gets off at the same time (right or below). Do you reckon it's the same guy?

It is but that clip on the bus is 28th Sept, the last sighting of Nicole was at Museum station on 30th, and she seemed to be alone.

It is but that clip on the bus is 28th Sept, the last sighting of Nicole was at Museum station on 30th, and she seemed to be alone.

Exactly.

If this was the very last time that Nicole was seen, I would be definitely sure they had the guy. But unless he continued to stalk/follow her, then she was safe after this encounter with him.

AAvFaZ2.img
'Happy just being near her': Nicole Cartwright's family speak of loss

Lucy Cormack
34 mins ago

The family of murdered Sydney woman Nicole Cartwright has spoken for the first time of their struggle "to comprehend how and why" their "cherished" sister and daughter's life was tragically cut short.

"Kind and sweet, but also bold and fun," was how the Cartwright family remembered the 32-year-old in a statement, three weeks after her body was found dumped in a park on Sydney's north shore.

"Nicole brightened our lives, not just with the colours in her hair or the things she wore; it was a radiance that made you happy just being near her," the family said.

Ms Cartwright's body was found covered in leaves, with her hands bound, by a council worker near a children's playground in Buffalo Creek Reserve at Hunters Hill on October 3.

It was one week before her body was formally identified.
Exclusive
Crime

Parents of woman found dead in north shore park break their silence
Nicole Cartwright's family has spoken for the first time of their struggle "to comprehend how and why" their "cherished" sister and daughter's life was tragically cut short.

• by Lucy Cormack

Last edited:
This reminds me of Todd Kohlhepp when he had his victim in that storage container with a dog collar on. Expecting someone like him to be behind this.

Haven't we seen from the train station footage that she had the collar on before she died? It seems like it was something she liked to wear, so it wasn't something someone else put on her.

MOO

AAvFaZ2.img
'Happy just being near her': Nicole Cartwright's family speak of loss

Lucy Cormack
34 mins ago

The family of murdered Sydney woman Nicole Cartwright has spoken for the first time of their struggle "to comprehend how and why" their "cherished" sister and daughter's life was tragically cut short.

"Kind and sweet, but also bold and fun," was how the Cartwright family remembered the 32-year-old in a statement, three weeks after her body was found dumped in a park on Sydney's north shore.

"Nicole brightened our lives, not just with the colours in her hair or the things she wore; it was a radiance that made you happy just being near her," the family said.

Ms Cartwright's body was found covered in leaves, with her hands bound, by a council worker near a children's playground in Buffalo Creek Reserve at Hunters Hill on October 3.

It was one week before her body was formally identified.
Exclusive
Crime

Parents of woman found dead in north shore park break their silence
Nicole Cartwright's family has spoken for the first time of their struggle "to comprehend how and why" their "cherished" sister and daughter's life was tragically cut short.

• by Lucy Cormack

Hands were bound, now that sounds like something much more sinister than an od or sex game. Or do they bind each others hands in role play games maybe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back