GUILTY Nicole VanderHeyden May 21, 2016 - George Burch, Feb. 2018

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
2m2 minutes ago

#BurchTrial - GUILTY of 1st-degree murder.

DXPMZOxU8AE9Dn1.jpg

Ben Krumholz WLUK@BenKrumholzWLUK
2m2 minutes ago

Lots of tears in the courtroom. #BurchTrial

58s58 seconds ago

#BurchTrial - Reaction from the gallery on the guilty verdict

DXPMnwlVwAAxezJ.jpg

2m2 minutes ago

#BurchTrial - Doug Detrie in the gallery at the time of verdict.

DXPM40LVwAAZB-S.jpg

Brittany Schmidt@BritSchmidtNews
1m1 minute ago

Defense asks the judge for a not guilty plea, Judge denies it and affirms the jury’s guilty verdict. Looking at a sentencing date for George Burch on Friday, May 4 at 1:30 pm. #BurchTrial @WBAY

Thank you Yes or No for taking the time to cover this. Much appreciated !

Mollynjack

I felt bad for Nicole- sounds crazy, but it felt like there was no support for her here, IMO, (except for SBHack)..:sheesh:

Anyway- Your welcome..:blowkiss:

Thank you for covering Nicole's story YesorNo, now may she rest in peace.

Mollynjack

I felt bad for Nicole- sounds crazy, but it felt like there was no support for her here, IMO, (except for SBHack)..:sheesh:

Anyway- Your welcome..:blowkiss:

Thank you so much for taking over the coverage. I had to go out of town for work for a couple of days and could not keep up while traveling. I will have to watch some of the videos to form an opinion. I hope the jury got it right.

Guilty of VanderHeyden murder, Burch faces extradition to Virginia, but there's no hurry

"GREEN BAY – One day after he was convicted of murdering Nicole VanderHeyden, George Burch appeared on the docket for extradition proceedings to return him to Virginia.

But don't expect that to happen any time soon....

Burch was on probation in Virginia for grand larceny when he came to Green Bay in 2016. He faces up to five years in prison there for violating terms of his release.

He also has a pending case for heroin possession in his hometown of Hampton, Virginia. That case stems from his arrest in October 2015, according to online court records.

A warrant was issued in Hampton Circuit Court when he failed to appear for a hearing in April 2016, a month before VanderHeyden was killed.

The warrant is still active and will remain so until either Hampton decides it doesn't want him any more or Brown County begins extradition proceedings, District Attorney David Lasee said.

But unless there were a chance of Burch's imminent release, which there isn't, "there is no urgency," Lasee said...."

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.co...viction-murder-nicole-vanderheyden/388755002/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George Burch trial for murder of Nicole VanderHeyden to hit national TV audience Saturday

"GREEN BAY — A Green Bay murder trial that ended earlier this month reaches a national audience this weekend.

George Burch's murder conviction for the death of Nicole VanderHeyden will be the subject of a 48 Hours episode that airs at 9 p.m. Saturday on CBS...."

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.co...onal-tv-audience-saturday-48-hours/450769002/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOCAL EXCLUSIVE: Blindsided by George Burch (with clip)

"GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) - “[George Burch] had called me up and said that he had just gotten out of jail because his wife had him arrested while they were going through a divorce,” Ed Jackson told Action 2 News about their 2016 conversation. Had no place to go— no money, no nothing.”

Ed Jackson considered Burch a decades-long friend and fishing buddy from his former life in upstate New York. Hearing his friend had fallen on hard times, he and wife Lynda bought Burch a ticket to Wisconsin from Virginia to re-start his life, as they'd done many times for friends and family.

In early 2016, the Jacksons gave Burch a room in the Green Bay house they share with Ed’s father, added a phone to give him to their plan and even let him use one of their cars. They made sure he had a job and food to eat, but the Jackson’s generosity turns to regret within months as Burch is arrested for murder....

"I thought we knew this person. And I thought Ed knew this person. And all the sudden we found out a bunch of stuff we didn't know,” said Lynda Jackson..."

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Local-exclusive-Blinded-by-Burch-477797133.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn’t aware of this case until the trial was on Lady Justice on YouTube. I binged throughout the week, but watched many hours yesterday (being sick has its perks) and then watched the 48 Hours episode after I watched the entire trial. I also followed that with an interview with the jury foreman.

So sad Nicole’s children will have to grow up without their light of a mother. I, too, wish George Burch would just tell the truth about what happened that night, although I think there are some truths in every lie. Doug Detrie definitely doesn’t win boyfriend of the year and since I haven’t followed this case like many other people have I’m not aware of his current status - though I did read about his arrest involving Nicole’s sister. Man, take this tragedy and allow it to turn you into a decent law-abiding citizen and be a great father to your son.

I have nothing groundbreaking to add, just wanted to share that Nicole’s name will not be one I will forget. I will also be tuning in to the sentencing and may the judge throw the book at Burch. He’s a and gave me ick vibes from the moment I saw his face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George Burch Jury Foreman Speaks on WTAQ After Trial

[video=youtube;8csBTowvem4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8csBTowvem4[/video]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George Burch to be sentenced on Friday

"GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) - George Burch will be sentenced to life in prison for the murder of Nicole Vanderheyden on Friday.

A Brown County judge will only decide if Burch will ever have the chance at parole.

VanderHeyden, a mother of three, was killed May 21, 2016, after leaving a downtown Green Bay bar. Her body was found in a field about three miles from her Ledgeview home. Medical examiner, who testified at the trial, said she was "unrecognizable."...

The sentencing will start 1:30 p.m. and you can watch on our live steam."

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/George-Burch-to-be-sentenced-on-Friday-481726401.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victim's family, friends urge judge to sentence George Burch to life without parole

CT May 2, 2018

"GREEN BAY - Those who were close to Nicole VanderHeyden, a 31-year-old mother of three who was murdered nearly two years ago, are asking that a judge show no mercy during an upcoming sentencing hearing for the man convicted of killing her.

Nineteen letters filed in Brown County Circuit Court all ask Judge John Zakowski to sentence George Burch to life in prison without parole. The letters were written by VanderHeyden's family, close friends and others....

Several writers described a fear that Burch would kill again if he were to ever walk free.

"There is no doubt in my mind that even if he is released at 90-years-old, he will hurt someone again," one person wrote. They go on to reference Burch's history with law enforcement prior to VanderHeyden's death....

One of the letters asked Zakowski to draw a parallel between what happened to VanderHeyden and Burch's punishment.

"Nicole won't get a second chance," they wrote. "Why should he?" .."

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.co...nvicted-killer-life-without-parole/568658002/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life with no possibility of parole...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p