Nigella Lawson attacked by husband Charles Saatchi while dining

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by Mrs G Norris, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris #JeSuisUrsa

Nigella Lawson attacked by husband: See shocking pictures of Charles Saatchi repeatedly squeezing TV chef's throat

Her eyes are transfixed as she struggles to prise away the powerful hand squeezing around her throat.

Glamorous TV cook Nigella Lawson looks stunned to be *attacked by her art collector husband Charles Saatchi during a vicious row at their *favourite London restaurant.

Fellow diners and passers-by at Scott’s in Mayfair were shocked to see the *advertising *multimillionaire reduce his celebrity wife to tears.

This is awful, I hope she leaves him!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigella-lawson-attacked-husband-see-1955564

2. Loading...

3. believe09

believe09 Active Member

Uh-no one intervened including paparazzi? Huh? Who sits back and watches a crime take place?

I dont understand the photos, fwiw-between the watermark and the plants it is hard to see what is happening.

I like her quite a bit fwiw-I always have.

Every single person who witnessed this live better take a good long look at themselves in the mirror.

4. ArianeEmory

ArianeEmory I know the pieces fit

:( I love Nigella so much.

5. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris #JeSuisUrsa

Sorry for the terrible article too .. Seems to be the original report so I posted that one, I love her too she is amazing.

6. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

I've never watched her, but if he makes a strangling move in public, what does he do in private with his wife or kids.

7. mysticrose

mysticrose The key to change... is to let go of fear

Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi: Police confirm they're investigating pictures showing TV cook being 'attacked' by husband

Police have confirmed they are investigating shocking pictures showing TV cook Nigella Lawson being 'attacked' by husband Charles Saatchi at a London restaurant.

The pictures showing art collector Saatchi grabbing Nigella by the throat FOUR times in public have shocked the country.

The glamorous TV cook looked stunned to be *'attacked' by her husband during the vicious row at their *favourite London restaurant Scott's in Mayfair

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigella-lawson-charles-saatchi-police-1956397

8. believe09

believe09 Active Member

I hope the paparazzi turn over all of the film, unwatermarked. I hope the idiots seated nearby who witnessed it and did NOTHING including calling LE or the management get a very stern talking to.

9. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris #JeSuisUrsa

Intelligent newspaper: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...lawsons-throat-in-restaurant-row-8660900.html

In an interview in 2007 Lawson, spoke of the couple’s contrasting temperaments, describing Saatchi as an “exploder” and herself as a “festerer”. She said: “I’ll go quiet when he explodes, and then I am a nest of horrible festeringness.”

Despite his wife’s status as the nation’s post-modern Delia, Saatchi has said her cooking is “wasted” on him. Lawson once commented: “Charles doesn’t really like proper food. He prefers a bowl of cereal.”

Charles Saatchi: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Saatchi"]Charles Saatchi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

10. ArianeEmory

My SO, who loves watching Nigella's shows as much as I do, expressed some hope that her teenage son is old/big enough now to kick Saatchi's butt.

11. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris #JeSuisUrsa

12. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Enough Is Enough!

A verbally abusive man grabs his wife by the throat repeatedly, pinches her nose, shoves both hands in her face, she is clearly terrified and distraught - in a public restaurant - and NOBODY thinks to intervene or call the police?

Shame on you, to all the staff and passersby there that day.

I'm rather glad the paparazzo who snapped it all did so - because those pictures will come in very handy in court, and serve as very public shame to a clearly abusive man.

There's one picture, where her eyes are glazed over - I know that look. That's a woman who's used to a beating. I grew up seeing that look, there's no doubt in my mind he's brutalised her before.

What a sack of ... he is. And seeing how he's not at all worried about attacking her in public, I just hope she remains safe from him in future.

13. ArianeEmory

I don't know, this just sucks. I'm usually not into "celebrity" gossip and drama, or pretending I can possibly know what their real lives are like, but Nigella seems like a decent person who has already had plenty of heartbreak (prior husband/father of her kids, mom and sister all died young of cancer). I won't lie, seeing her so obviously distraught makes me angry on her behalf, whether I "know" her or not.

14. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Enough Is Enough!

15. believe09

believe09 Active Member

My prayers to her and her family. Even if this was the only incident, which I doubt, no one deserves to be treated this way.

If you see a situation like this as a bystander, get the manager or call police. It is quite simple really. Celebrity status does not make someone immune to physical danger from a loved one. Ask Rhianna.

16. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris #JeSuisUrsa

Don't like the look of this one much either, different day, same restaurant.

[​IMG]

17. Sarahlou

Sarahlou Member

18. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

June 17, 2013 at 8:44 am

UK police looking into Nigella Lawson throat-grab photos

Associated Press

London — British police say they are investigating after a newspaper published photos of Nigella Lawson’s husband Charles Saatchi with his hands around the celebrity chef’s throat...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130617/ENT09/306170057#ixzz2WTs5zZhc

19. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

Very sad news. Shocking photos. Choking a loved one should never be taken lightly, it shows a tendency to extreme violence and can lead to death. I hope she divorces him and has plenty of security around herself and her children.

Just one bit on choking, but I am certain there is plenty more info out there:

http://www1.umn.edu/humanrts/svaw/domestic/link/healtheffects.htm

20. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

21. ohiogirl

ohiogirl New Member