Night Clerk scratched off 1400.00 worth of Lottery tickets

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Bryan W. Lietz says he doesn't know what came over him.

"It's not me to normally be a thief," the 40-year-old resident of Perham, Minn., said Friday.

But in the wee hours of May 12, as Lietz worked the graveyard shift at the Perham Conoco, he apparently was just that, allegedly scratching off $1,400 worth of lottery tickets without paying for them, according to a criminal complaint.

When he finished, he sat down and penned a letter of apology to his boss.

"I don't know why I bit the hand that fed me or still does," he wrote. "I truly need this job. I don't have a clue why I did this. I don't know really how it happened. But here it is. I did it."

Lietz was charged this week in Otter Tail County with state lottery fraud, a felony offense. He was released on his own recognizance and since has repaid some of what he owes.

Bryan Lietz

He was fired, too.

Stranger still, Palubicki said, was Lietz's letter.

"Maybe he had a couple of bad hours and then realized he really screwed up ... I don't know," Palubicki said.

http://startribune.com/stories/462/5428082.html

must have been really, really bored at work. Wonder if he "won" anything? Wonder if they will let him keep his winnings, if he pays for those tickets?

mysteriew, I guess you didn't read the article :D

He won won 700.00 and paid it out to himself.. then he went to other stores and used the 700.00 to buy other tickets to try and win enough to pay for the 1400.00 - eventually he lost it all.

He was fired and his boss called the police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back