Nightline Jul 30 2010 link+ Discussion

Thank you for the video. I haven't really been following this case as much as I have the Haleigh Cummings case, but being a portrait artist for over 35 years I noticed something in the picture that they showed of Kyron wearing his CSI t-shirt...even though this littleone was smiling in front of his science fair project when the picture was taken it looks to me like he has tears in his eyes, like someone or something had him upset prior to that picture being taken. You have to look at it full screen to pick it up. Look at his right eye. Just something I noticed. That video just broke my heart. My heart and prayers go out to these families. No family should have to go through this.

Thank you for the video. I haven't really been following this case as much as I have the Haleigh Cummings case, but being a portrait artist for over 35 years I noticed something in the picture that they showed of Kyron wearing his CSI t-shirt...even though this littleone was smiling in front of his science fair project when the picture was taken it looks to me like he has tears in his eyes, like someone or something had him upset prior to that picture being taken. You have to look at it full screen to pick it up. Look at his right eye. Just something I noticed. That video just broke my heart. My heart and prayers go out to these families. No family should have to go through this.

You know, I noticed that too on the picture of him where they photoshopped his glasses off. His eyes look really watery, like he had just finished crying. HMMM.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis in this interview on what Desiree and Kaine stated they have learned. It isn’t over yet, there is no ending to close up this chapter of their lives. This uncertainty makes It a very difficult question to answer during an interview that will be seen around the country and beyond. I almost feel guilty at seeing showing Desiree and Kaine so heartbroken and so emotionally fragile. They seem to be hanging on by the sheerest thread of hope that Kyron is alive. I don’t know how I would react if I were In their place. I definitely couldn't sum up the words to speak publicly to describe how I was feeling or what I had learned. My thoughts would be unspeakable and unprintable. Since it is reasonable to assume that Terri did "something" to Kyron, it would be horrendous to pry anymore into how they feel about anything. There is no ending to this nightmare. It is quite clear that they both are shattered souls, and I have so much sympathy for them. I hope that they find the strength to carry on.

No kidding.

But ... I keep telling myself that they receive questions in advance and are fairly scripted for these things ...

But, yes they presented the dichotomy - with Desiree focusing on evil & Terri -
and with Kaine getting pulled into a bigger world and noticing good people and acts of kindness.
Could it be that Desiree has always known that there are good people and kindness in the world, whereas Kaine, by his own admission, is a private person, and the outpouring of good will from stangers and loved ones alike (even his ex-wife, Desiree) is a wonderful revelation of the clear, demonstrable FACT there is goodness in the world, some ray of light in a very dark time?

As for Desiree "focusing on evil and Terri," what parent wouldn't be focused on the person they know disappeared their child and doesn't have the guts to come forward with the truth. This is what Desiree believes and this is what I believe, wholeheartedly, but it is my opinion.

I see it the opposite in a way. They were asked what they have learned from the experience. In other words, new knowledge.

Apparently Desiree has been living her life unaware of how many horrible people there are, and Kaine has a new awareness of how many good people there are. Just my take on it.

Sounds like she has spent her life focused on the good, and he maybe a little bit less so?

Could it be that Desiree has always known that there are good people and kindness in the world, whereas Kaine, by his own admission, is a private person, and the outpouring of good will from stangers and loved ones alike (even his ex-wife, Desiree) is a wonderful revelation of the clear, demonstrable FACT there is goodness in the world, some ray of light in a very dark time?

As for Desiree "focusing on evil and Terri," what parent wouldn't be focused on the person they know disappeared their child and doesn't have the guts to come forward with the truth. This is what Desiree believes and this is what I believe, wholeheartedly, but it is my opinion.

IMO, Desiree strikes me as being quite capable of focusing on the bad things people have done. Kaine can't really talk about Terri the way Desiree can; Terri is his daughter's mother. So Desiree gets to talk about Terri and express that feeling of complete shock that someone you have trusted with your child can be so evil.

I'm sure both of them are grateful for the outpouring of caring, sympathy and support for their family, that Kaine spoke of experiencing.

I still feel these questions were advanced and the answers were scripted and the "what have you learned" answer came from things both have discovered on this surreal journey of theirs.

I found the final question, and it's split answer extremely telling - in particular as the answer was split between the two, and in particular as it gave the entire interview the scripted feeling. Which is fine. I'm sure, were it me, I'd need questions in advance to pull off a coherent interview.

JMHO.

IMO, Desiree strikes me as being quite capable of focusing on the bad things people have done. Kaine can't really talk about Terri the way Desiree can; Terri is his daughter's mother. So Desiree gets to talk about Terri and express that feeling of complete shock that someone you have trusted with your child can be so evil.

I'm sure both of them are grateful for the outpouring of caring, sympathy and support for their family, that Kaine spoke of experiencing.

I still feel these questions were advanced and the answers were scripted and the "what have you learned" answer came from things both have discovered on this surreal journey of theirs.

I found the final question, and it's split answer extremely telling - in particular as the answer was split between the two, and in particular as it gave the entire interview the scripted feeling. Which is fine. I'm sure, were it me, I'd need questions in advance to pull off a coherent interview.

JMHO.

I think it would have to be scripted, because being under the stress that they are, can you even imagine what might come out of their mouths if they weren't aware of the questions?

I think it would have to be scripted, because being under the stress that they are, can you even imagine what might come out of their mouths if they weren't aware of the questions?

I agree and think they are nicely prepared. They do well, they encourage awareness and empathy. Not easy to do. Under any circumstances.

I don't mind the press Horman press junkets - so long as the focus is on Kyron. When the focus is on Terri, IMO it becomes a bit awkward, and I'm not sure it's terribly productive on all fronts. :no:

We all know who the investigation is focusing on - the press knows - we hear it daily. At this point in the story, the Hormans can relax in this knowledge and stay on the high road as much as possible.

On a side note, as I watch Terri vilified in the news, I think of the victims other than Kaine, Desiree & Tony - two other victims extremely close to both Kyron & Terri: Kyron's surviving sister & step-brother - Terri's daughter & son. At some point in the future the baby may see these interviews - although I hope not.

As it is, the 16 year old, (Terri's child, the one Kaine insisted in his previous interview would prefer live with Kaine should he ever have trouble) has been witness to this national tarring and feathering of his mother. I worry for him having to face his relatively new friends back at his relatively new high school in September after this hellish summer he & his family has endured.

It saddens me. :(
I wish, for their sake, that the story play out the way it must, but only softer.

JMHO

The interviews are getting more and more difficult to watch...
These two human beings are literally broken and what is so overwhelmingly sad is to know that what the future holds will only bring more sadness and devastation...

I do not get so much of the feeling that Kaine and Desiree still do REALLY believe that Kyron is alive. Of course this would only be natural that after over 2 months alot of the shock and disbelief has worn off and what settles in are absolute thoughts of horror and terror more and more realizing that Kyron, more than likely is NOT alive. When I felt this the most from them was when they talked of not letting him go (In response to a question something to the effect of what would they do different) The purest, most raw emotion was in their very beings and it just poured from them as if knowing that last memory that each have in their head of their very last moment with Kyron, that it literally was their VERY LAST moment that they will ever have with their precious son...

It is so very heartwrenching and I do not know about anyone else but for me it was uncomfortable watching. Not because of my feelings of sadness, but rather feeling as if I am some how intruding into their most deepest, honest, raw emotions and feelings(this is 2nd interview where I have come away with this feeling, in the other one I'm speaking of I actually cut the interview off as the feeling of uncomfortableness really got to me)..

For all the controlled emotion that Kaine showed for the first few weeks into this (and I will admit that I even found it quite odd but was able to quickly dismiss my suspicions of him) but Kaine is now just an open wound with the out pouring of some of the rawest emotion I've seen, it is all just overwhelmingly pouring out at once the tremendous guilt being the greatest, with almost equally as much the heart broken sadness, followed by helpnessness. Tho, I am happy to see that neither seem to dealing with tremendous amounts of "hope"lessness(tho sadly IMO that will eventually follow)...

All in all you couldn't get more true and raw feelings than what these two have pouring from each of them (in different ways) but I think what is most sorrowful and depressing is that there will be no end in sight for their pain and if ever(which IMO is a possibility) they are able to receive any type of closure (i.e. Kyron's precious body being found and justice to the fullest extent the law allows on behalf of precious little Ky)if that ever does happen IMO it is still a long way away from them being able to truly have closure and the peace that I am praying so very hard that they are able to one day have...

My heart is breaking for them and I am truly affected by this outpouring of emotion

You know, I noticed that too on the picture of him where they photoshopped his glasses off. His eyes look really watery, like he had just finished crying. HMMM.

I have always interpreted that to be a spot of light reflected off the lens of his glasses that was left, either by accident or because it wasn't easy to photoshop out and leave a natural looking image.

Interesting:

Desiree has "learned that there are horrible people in the world - that could be right next to you, and you don't even know it".

Kaine has "learned lots of things, have learned a lot about the human spirit with this and all the people with their outpouring of goodness".

I was just watching the Nightline piece, and Desiree just said the quote here. It didn't occur to me previously, the last part of what she says - "and you don't even know it".

So, when she talks about horrible people, is she talking about Terri, and how she didn't know Terri was 'horrible', or is she talking about some other horrible person or persons, that she didn't even know were horrible?

If Terri, it's interesting that she never thought of Terri as being horrible.

If she meant other people or a different person, I'd like to know who that is, and what they did, that she now knows they're horrible. Did this other person or persons do something horrible to Kyron? or to her? or what?

I think that is the one thing that is keeping Kaine going... the support of the community. That's probably why he gets some comfort visiting Kyron's Wall of Hope. He can feel the love and compassion from neighbors, friends and complete strangers.

I can totally relate to Desiree's view, though. I think I would be quite bitter and focus on the negative as well. :( However... I suspect I would be much more vocal about it and not nearly as classy.

Desiree is a class act, ITA. And after all the "betrayal" she has already endured, I feel bad that her revelation is that there are evil people in the world and they can be right next to you. But...I agree with her on that.

For Kaine to realize that there is good in people who don;t even know you...doesn;t surprise me. I have a son in law thats a computer engineer and he sees things most of the time in a very analytical way. It would be a surprise for him to se that there are so many strangers caring for him and his family, too. I think my SIL already knows, however, there are evil people in the world and they can be right next to you.

JMHO.

BBM

IMO its apparent to Desiree that there are evil people in this world that can be right next to you because she has already been betrayed by this very person- Terri- who had an affair w/ her husband while she as pregnant with Kyron. She was also betrayed by Kaine, but she seems to not iclude him in her thinking of evil people. She knows Kaine loved Kyron, its a revelation to her that Terri did not share the love for Kyron that she hought she did. This is all IMO. I imagine there is much guilt on both sides, Kaine for allowing Terri into their lives and for trusting her with his child- but how could he know-?? and Desiree for allowing Terri to raise her child, not knowing what she was capable of but certainly knowing that Terri was a practiced liar (as she said in other interviews) and that Terri was capable of and did steal her husband, even though their marriage was not a good one and probably headed for divorce and separation anyway... all JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back