Found Deceased NJ – Olga “Ivy” DeJesus, 40, and her dog, Newark, 17 October 2014 *Fiancé arrested*

mothwings

Reaction score
Warrant issued for fiancé in strangling death of Newark woman
Updated November 5, 2014 at 2:51 PM; Posted November 5, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Olga-Ivy-DeJesus_FB-400x220.jpg

By Dan Ivers
divers@njadvancemedia.com

blank.gif

NEWARK — Authorities have issued a warrant charging the fiancé of a woman strangled to death in a Newark housing project last month with her murder.
Kevin Lynch, a spokesman for the Essex County Sheriff’s Department, confirmed that a judge on Monday signed the warrant charging Lamont Stephenson with homicide in the death of 40-year-old Olga Dejesus.

Dejesus was found dead in her apartment at the Stephen Crane Village housing complex in Newark’s North Ward on Oct. 17. Authorities initially labeled the death “suspicious”, and confirmed two days later that she had been murdered.

Essex County Prosecutor’s Office spokeswoman Katherine Carter confirmed earlier this week that a medical examiner had ruled the cause of death as asphyxiation.

Sean Walker, who attended Bloomfield Tech High School with both Dejesus and Stephenson, said the two had been engaged in a whirlwind romance since reuniting at a 20th year reunion event in June.

“It was like a surprise to everybody. You never would have thought those two would have ended up as a couple,” he said.

The two had recently become engaged when Walker heard of her sudden death last month.

Friends describe Dejesus, who was known as “Ivy” and left behind a son and daughter, as a joyful, positive person.

“She was happy, fun-loving, easygoing - just a joy to be around,” Walker said. “Always smiling, always laughing. The same person I knew from high school.”

Stephenson, a Newark resident, is not currently in custody and his whereabouts are unknown.

Dan Ivers may be reached at divers@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter at @DanIversNJ. Find NJ.com on Facebook.

Warrant issued for fiancé in strangling death of Newark woman

I hope they find this guy. He has been profiled on The Hunt and In Pursuit with John Walsh.

THANK GOD! This is SUCH GOOD NEWS! Minus the revelation of another woman he killed AND HER CAT!!!! RIP Natina Kiah and her slain feline! : ( I will start another thread for you as soon as I can! What is with this guy murdering these woman and their poor animals? Does he have a fetish for animal killing or something? Either way, I am so happy for the family of Olga and her poor helpless pet! But saddened to hear this man took another two lives on the run! This man deserves life in prison!!!! I always loved how the FBI referred to the killing of Olga's dog as "murder" because IMO what he did to these animals IS MURDER! Good for you recognizing that, FBI!

Lamont Stephenson, one of FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives, is found in Maryland - CNN

(CNN) The FBI can check one of its Ten Most Wanted Fugitives off the list.

Lamont Stephenson was arrested by Prince George's County Police Department in Maryland early Thursday morning when officers were investigating a reported suspicious vehicle, according to a law enforcement source.

The Metropolitan Police Department in Washington also has a warrant out for Stephenson's arrest in connection to the fatal stabbing of 40-year-old Natina Kiah, according to police spokesperson Kristen Metzger. Police discovered the body of the woman and her cat when responding to a welfare call at a residence Wednesday night, hours before Stephenson was discovered in Maryland.

Stephenson was charged in 2014 in the death of his fiancée, Olga DeJesus, and her chihuahua, according to an FBI press release.

Stephenson is accused of asphyxiating DeJesus, a mother of two, and her dog on October 17, 2014, in the Newark, New Jersey, apartment they shared.

Stephenson was last seen at Newark Penn Station Bus and Train Terminal the day of DeJesus' death, according to the release.

Stephenson had a history of working with cars, according to the FBI. He was not known to the FBI before DeJesus' death.

On September 8, 2017, a federal arrest warrant was issued by the United States District Court of New Jersey charging Stephenson with homicide, and he is believed to have fled the jurisdiction to avoid prosecution, according to the FBI.

The FBI offered an award of up to $100,000 for information on Stephenson.

The FBI Newark Field Office and the Prince George's County Police Department are expected to release more information at a news conference Thursday evening.

87vwa3.png

Olga's dog "Lola" — such a beautiful girl! Reminds me of my little Boston Terrier girl "Laci" in a way.

Thank God this murdering douche bag coward has been found!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back