Eye Color: Blue

Clothing:
Characteristics/Medical/Scars: Pierced ears, Previous child births
Transportation:
Fingerprint Status:
Dental Status:
DNA Status:

Circumstances:
Rachelle was last seen by her husband at their home on 34 Tracy Drive in Manalapan Township, New Jersey at around 2:00 am on April 21st, 1986. The couple had discussed preparations for a divorce her husband went upstairs to bed while Rachelle stayed downstairs. When the family awoke the next morning at 6:00 am Rachelle was gone.

Rachelle’s mother and stepfather last spoke to Rachelle at about 7:30 am on Saturday. She asked for her stepfather to come down as that she and her husband were having issues. Her stepfather was ill so in turn she called her father whom came down that morning. Her father spent the night and left the following day by all his accounts Rachelle was in good spirits.

Rachelle’s sister had called the house and was told by her brother in law Rachelle’s was not home. The next day her sister called again, and it was odd her brother in law was home from work. He explained that when they awoke on Monday Rachelle was gone. Rachelle’s sister became concerned and contacted police on April 22nd, 1986.

Rachelle had left before however never without her children this was out of character. She had recently withdrawn a large sum of money from a bank account all except $ 500.00 was accounted for.

Rachelle’s parents acquired the services of a private detective and consulted a psychic along with offering a $ 15,000 reward with no success in finding Rachelle

Rachelle’s husband plead guilty in 1990 to a Wall Street fraud scheme that occurred between 1983 – 1988.

Rachelle's husband was investigated again after his estranged wife's car mysteriously went up in flames in 2002.

Investigating Agencies:
Manalapan Township Police Department
120 Route 522
Manalapan, NJ 07726
Tele: 732.446.430
MP Case # 1986-3917
Web: Detective Bureau | Manalapan Township Police Department

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case # 52225: Missing Person Case
Case Manager: Pamela Reed
Tele: 817.666.5432
E-Mail: Pamela,Reed@unthsc.edu

News/Blogs:
05/03/86 – Asbury Press
06/21/87 – Asbury Press
10/18/90 – Asbury Press
02/04/92 – Asbury Press
09/07/95 – Asbury Press
09/06/02 - News briefs

Rachelle Elaine DeStefano

Original

Age last seen: 34
Race: White female
Hair color: Blond strawberry; long dirty blond hair
Eyes Color: Blue
Height: 65.0
Weight: 115.0
Scars and Marks: piercing ears
Clothes/jewerly: short purple jacket; white sneakers with blue stripes; Gold wedding band

Circumstances: Victim's sister contacted this agency on April 22, 1986 to report her sister missing

Namus: Missing Person Case

Posted Sep 6, 2002 at 2:00 AM
Updated Dec 15, 2010 at 8:31 PM
A man who posted $100,000 cash bail on charges he fraudulently collected $4,900 in food stamps and other public assistance has vanished.

Police and prosecutors, meanwhile, have been delving into the man’s past, including the 1986 disappearance of his then wife, Rachelle Goldenthal, in central New Jersey.
Louis R. Destefano, 62, of Smallwood, was indicted Aug. 28 on grand larceny, welfare fraud and forgery charges. He is accused of using the missing woman’s name and forging her signature on a food-stamp application, and with using his estranged wife’s name and forging her signature to apply for money from the Heat Energy Assistance Program.
Sullivan County sheriff’s deputies began their investigation into Destefano after his estranged wife’s car mysteriously went up in flames earlier this year.
Read more: News briefs

No, he went to prison for many years skipping bail but now he is out living life in Monticello, NY.
Hi L... it's Anne. Things have been quiet until yesterday when I had a message from a Vincent Castro Middletown NY State Police asking me to call him regarding an on going investigation regarding LD out of monmouth county. I called him back. Apparently he LD was reported dead to monmouth county, and they contacted state police here to follow up. They found him at a nursing home in liberty ny, alive, so, he probably faked his death. Achieve it's called. That's all I know...I haven't even googled him since we last had contact. But, I thought you'd want to know this. I googled him yesterday after this phone call, and I found this post, and joined temporarily to let you know. Perhaps you might call monmouth county investigator to find out more. I asked the trooper to please let me know when and if he truly passes and I briefed him on why. I don't really expect that, so, if you learn more please let me know so I can rest easy at night, and I'll do the same.

Hi L... it's Anne. Things have been quiet until yesterday when I had a message from a Vincent Castro Middletown NY State Police asking me to call him regarding an on going investigation regarding LD out of monmouth county. I called him back. Apparently he LD was reported dead to monmouth county, and they contacted state police here to follow up. They found him at a nursing home in liberty ny, alive, so, he probably faked his death. Achieve it's called. That's all I know...I haven't even googled him since we last had contact. But, I thought you'd want to know this. I googled him yesterday after this phone call, and I found this post, and joined temporarily to let you know. Perhaps you might call monmouth county investigator to find out more. I asked the trooper to please let me know when and if he truly passes and I briefed him on why. I don't really expect that, so, if you learn more please let me know so I can rest easy at night, and I'll do the same.

Today is my sister’s birthday. I hope she is resting at peace. I found out that he is in a nursing home with dementia and not expected to live much longer. That is probably why you were contacted. I started the ball rolling after I heard this. I lost your number so PM on Facebook if you want to talk.

He was my neighbor before he was admitted into the nursing facility. I had to take care of his cats for months and his son never answered anybody’s calls or texts back. Didn’t provide food or water to the cats either.
Cats are in a safe place now though.

his house is definitely a freaky place to be in...

He was my neighbor before he was admitted into the nursing facility. I had to take care of his cats for months and his son never answered anybody’s calls or texts back. Didn’t provide food or water to the cats either.

I don’t know who you are. Why would you happen to come across this website? Did you know Rachelle? Do you have any information that could be helpful to the police?

Hi L. It's Anne. Yeah whoever that is, a bit shady. I haven't looked for awhile. Looked today hoping for an obituary. Whoever that neighbor is, I'd be real careful. Please let me know if you hear of his passing. Thank you!

Also, L. He only had one cat. Unless he stole my cat when he burnt my house down. If one of those cat's is a tiger cat, and I can provide a picture, then he will be charged with burning my house down, for sure.

He only had one cat. A black and white tuxedo. If the other cat happens to be a tiger cat with a droopy eye, mushy would be about 12. Then he'll be charged with burning my house down before he died.

Hello! I would love to find out more about this instance. Is it possible to private message you?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back