GUILTY NJ - Autumn Pasquale, 12, Clayton, 20 Oct 2012 - #3

17 years...... Way too light... IMO.

R.I.P Autumn :rose:
I don't get it. You kill someone, in this case a girl of 12, and you can be out of prison in less than 15 years? In what Universe does this make sense??

I'm still reeling from dad attacking law enforcement. The response from Clayton and every surrounding town was nothing short of miraculous! That upset me. I know he's a victim, but he needs to stop blaming everyone and get into grief counseling ASAP.
One person was responsible and was caught in short order and his daughter found. Thanks to the killers mother and law enforcement.

I've never seen anything like it. Massive amounts of people showed up to help.
I think the trial could end up being a really bad idea; from memory; none of her parents were in contact with her all day. My daughter has always texted me every hour until recently; she's 20 now.

I don't get it. You kill someone, in this case a girl of 12, and you can be out of prison in less than 15 years? In what Universe does this make sense??

Does anyone think he'll make it out alive?

Much as I sympathise with Autumn's parents, their law suit will fail, and rightly so. This mother did the right thing - if she gets sued out of house and home for it, that will disincentivise other parents from lifting the phone in similar situations.

Plus, there's a glaring lapse in logic in trying a juvenile in an adult court, and then trying to hold his parents responsible. Either he's old enough to take responsibility for his own actions, or he isn't. Can't have it both ways.

Much as I sympathise with Autumn's parents, their law suit will fail, and rightly so. This mother did the right thing - if she gets sued out of house and home for it, that will disincentivise other parents from lifting the phone in similar situations.

Plus, there's a glaring lapse in logic in trying a juvenile in an adult court, and then trying to hold his parents responsible. Either he's old enough to take responsibility for his own actions, or he isn't. Can't have it both ways.

Another problem with the suit it could be turned around and pointed right back at him. Why didn't he know who his daughter was communicating with online and where she was going that day?

The parents are not responsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It wouldn't surprise me if at least part of the reason for the father's rage and need to lash out at everybody, even the police, was caused by guilt that he didn't know who his daughter was communicating with, or where she was going that day.

Its tragic, but he needs grief counselling not a law suit.

Great point!

Another problem with the suit it could be turned around and pointed right back at him. Why didn't he know who his daughter was communicating with online and where she was going that day?

The parents are not responsible.

as well as why wasn't any of her 4 parents in contact with her on a regular basis. I can't imagine my almost 13 year old not keeping in touch

It wouldn't surprise me if at least part of the reason for the father's rage and need to lash out at everybody, even the police, was caused by guilt that he didn't know who his daughter was communicating with, or where she was going that day.

Its tragic, but he needs grief counselling not a law suit.

I wonder when this will stop...

Supposedly tonight on Inside Edition. - The Autumn Pasquale Story. (If not tonight, one night this week). Check your local listings

What I got from what I read is that her dad has a crusade for new legislation to hold abusive/neglectful parents criminally responsible when their children murder.

For locals - Supposed to be South Jersey - Philadelphia WTXF FOX M-F 6:30 PM and 11:30PM; they do not have the show info when you look. Hopefully it will be on in the next few nights

Supposedly tonight on Inside Edition. - The Autumn Pasquale Story. (If not tonight, one night this week). Check your local listings

What I got from what I read is that her dad has a crusade for new legislation to hold abusive/neglectful parents criminally responsible when their children murder.

For locals - Supposed to be South Jersey - Philadelphia WTXF FOX M-F 6:30 PM and 11:30PM; they do not have the show info when you look. Hopefully it will be on in the next few nights

I wish Autumn's father well, but I don't wish him success in his "crusade", which I think is misguided. Abused children who become disturbed/evil, (whatever way you want to look at it), is not a problem which will be solved in the way he is pushing for. By the time such a child has killed its already too late.

He'd be better off pushing for a change in the system so that abusive/neglectful families are dealt with sooner and more effectively. How to do that involves a complex set of issues though, probably not something that a grieving, angry father of a murdered child is in any state to sit down and think about.

I wish Autumn's father well, but I don't wish him success in his "crusade", which I think is misguided. Abused children who become disturbed/evil, (whatever way you want to look at it), is not a problem which will be solved in the way he is pushing for. By the time such a child has killed its already too late.

He'd be better off pushing for a change in the system so that abusive/neglectful families are dealt with sooner and more effectively. How to do that involves a complex set of issues though, probably not something that a grieving, angry father of a murdered child is in any state to sit down and think about.

I think this week is going to be majorly rough on him due to it being the 1 year and would have been her 14th birthday.

Post about Autumns law

Does anyone know about this? I don't have time to search..

reply -
Did you know that once a child is 13 years old they can refuse treatment for mental illness? (They can also refuse to go to drug/alcohol rehab) So short of doing something that would get them hospitalized a parent can do nothing even if they know their child has a problem. It sounds like there were other issues in this case, but if there is going to be a law like this, a parent has to be permitted to get a child treatment up until age 18.

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county...ers_mom_can_sue_her_son_and_teens_father.html

Anita Saunders could hold the two liable for potential damages in a lawsuit brought by the girl's father, Anthony Pasquale, after a judge granted her request last week.

Pasquale claims Robinson's parents, who are separated, should have known Justin Robinson "posed a risk to third parties," according to reports.

The lawsuit from the late girl's father seeks damages for pain and suffering, along with funeral expenses. It also includes a wrongful death claim against Robinson and several claims of negligence against his parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These parents need to STOP and grieve. They need to stop blaming everyone....the killers have been caught.

The 2012 murder of a Clayton Middle Schooler will be featured on Lifetime Channel's "Killer Kids" Monday.
The episode titled "The Bicycle Thief," will reenact the murder of Autumn Pasquale, a Gloucester County 12-year-old who went missing in October 2012, and was found dead in a trash can days later.
The series features murders committed by children in an effort to shine a light on issues surrounding juvenile murders.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/st...-murder-featured-in-lifetime-series/11566407/

The episode of Killer Kids will air at 9 p.m. on June 30 on Lifetime Movie Network.

The 2012 murder of a Clayton Middle Schooler will be featured on Lifetime Channel's "Killer Kids" Monday.
The episode titled "The Bicycle Thief," will reenact the murder of Autumn Pasquale, a Gloucester County 12-year-old who went missing in October 2012, and was found dead in a trash can days later.
The series features murders committed by children in an effort to shine a light on issues surrounding juvenile murders.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/st...-murder-featured-in-lifetime-series/11566407/

The episode of Killer Kids will air at 9 p.m. on June 30 on Lifetime Movie Network.

I found a different link that explains the father chose this show because he felt they would accurately tell the story as well as include "Autumn's Law" that he is trying to get passed that allows victims families to sue the parents of minor children that commit a murder

Autumn Pasquale murder to be featured on Lifetime's 'Killer Kids' TV series

Twelve-year-old Autumn disappeared on Oct. 20, 2012. After a two-day search of Clayton and nearby areas, police found her lifeless body in a recycling container. It was later determined that she had been strangled by 15-year-old Justin Robinson, an acquaintance who lured her to his home in order to steal her bicycle.

Since his sentencing, Anthony Pasquale, Autumn's father, has been working to get Autumn's Law passed in New Jersey — a measure that would hold abusive or neglectful parents responsible for the violent actions of their children.

His participation in the "Killer Kids" series is an attempt to get the word out about Autumn's case, as well as Autumn's Law.

"Autumn's killer grew up in a violent house. He learned his violent tendencies from his father. He continued to be involved in crime," said Doug Long, Anthony Pasquale's attorney. "His parents knew he had a propensity for criminal activity and violent criminal activity."

"Killer Kids" features murders committed by children in an effort to bring awareness to the issue and shine a light on the signs kids show that are often ignored, discussing the psychology behind what makes kids kill, according to Lifetime.

oh boy

if Autumn had ridden down the block and been murdered by an adult, who would they sue then? the adult's wife and children? either way, they didn't know where their 12 year-old daughter was

I can't say any more for risk of T.O.

oh boy

if Autumn had ridden down the block and been murdered by an adult, who would they sue then? the adult's wife and children? either way, they didn't know where their 12 year-old daughter was

I can't say any more for risk of T.O.

I do not agree with the law they're trying to pass either. I'm glad the mother isn't included in it; she was a victim of domestic violence. People have been suing in cases like these for a long time; think OJ Simpson. I honestly doubt they will get any money.

autumn pasquale
https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/24990107/is-it-a-crime-to-raise-a-killer/
Autumns father is suing the parents of the killers that murdered his daughter.

Thanks Linda! Such a long article! I'm not even 1/2 way through it! Not sure if I'll have time to finish it today.
It blows my mind that she left the house at 12:30 but no one realized they had not spoken to her until 8pm. I've said it before; my daughter even at age 20 texts me every hour or so. She has had a cell phone since age 12 or so; I would worry if I had not heard from her in 2 hours at that age.

She pedaled out of the driveway of her West High Street home at about 12.30pm that Saturday afternoon, wearing navy blue sweatpants, a yellow T-shirt that said “Clayton Soccer” and bright blue high-top sneakers.

She had her backpack with her, too, a light gray one with the word “Reckless” on the front pocket.

She sent a chatty, unremarkable text to one friend at 1.30pm and another at 2.27pm, the police would later say.

At about 2.45pm, Justin would eventually tell police, she found her way to his home at 312 East Clayton Ave — down the block and around the corner from the Pasquales, it was a total of 14 houses away from her own, well within the protective limits set by her father.

Anthony watched AJ play football until early afternoon, then came home and fixed Natalie some lunch and took photos of his son with his date before the homecoming dance that night.

“The kids were in and out, I was in and out, it was a regular Saturday,” he says. He first realized something was wrong at 8 pm, when Autumn missed her curfew.

When she hadn’t replied to texts or phone calls by 9.30pm, Anthony called the police.

Thanks Linda! Such a long article! I'm not even 1/2 way through it! Not sure if I'll have time to finish it today.
It blows my mind that she left the house at 12:30 but no one realized they had not spoken to her until 8pm. I've said it before; my daughter even at age 20 texts me every hour or so. She has had a cell phone since age 12 or so; I would worry if I had not heard from her in 2 hours at that age.

He's looking for someone else to blame.
The murderers were to blame. It's over. He needs to grieve the loss of his daughter. He still hasn't done that. He really needs some professional help. IMO all if this is avoidance.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998