Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were investigators able to find out if " Princess doe" had been sexually assualted or anything in that nature? Actually if they were able to determine if she had been sexually active full stop may be able to rule out her having been a prostitute, as had been speculated.

I don't know if they collected evidence such as a rape kit, but I would say that they did due to the fact that she was found partially clothed. It would be helpful to know if LE suspected or determined sexual assault.

I'm just curious...Has Leah Van Schoick ever been looked at as a possible match to Princess Doe? She was reported as having last been seen in August of '82, however she was reported to have been living with a biker, so the accuracy of the information may be suspect. The age and general appearance is correct...and her family is from New Jersey. A possible scenario...she leaves the boyfriend to return home (or is working her way home, or simply wants to hide in familiar surroundings), and he catches up to her...this would explain the savagery of the beating which killed her.

The MD information has never been confirmed, and members of LE disagree as to whether or not Princess Doe was ever there.

Here is her Charley Project page:
http://charleyproject.org/cases/v/vanschoick_leah.html

Just thinking out loud.

It looks really good, but the time does not match up.

Yeah, I know, this was a long-shot...I came across Schoick while checking out something entirely different. Not just the appearance, but the fact that she is originally from NJ caught my eye. There is just so little reported in the Schoick case, but from what little I can find I don't think she was in close contact with her family (17 and living in FL with a biker?) Could be, in my scenario, the boyfriend kills her in NJ in July, returns to FL, and a few weeks later starts asking around about her...I don't think she was hanging with a politically correct crowd.

Shadowangel, this is definently more then worth looking into. Well done, good sleuthing!
icon14.gif

I agree! Can someone from the Doenetwork look to see if this has been checked?

I forwarded all the info I could find on Ms. Schoick to the NJ State Police (since they are listed as the LE entity investigating her disappearance, they should have more info than I do!)

I detailed my scenario of what possibly occured. I will update with any response I receive.

Earlier I asked the question of opinion as to whether folks on WS think that the bust or the computer generated composite more closely resembles Princess Doe. You found someone who resembles both.

Sure hope it pans out and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Other than an automated e-mail response, I've heard nothing from the NJ state police. Does anyone recommend that I try again? I even included a link to Ms. Schoick's Charley Project page to make things easier for them. If they have already checked into and ruled out this possibility, is it too much for me to expect that they let me know this?

shadowangel said:
Other than an automated e-mail response, I've heard nothing from the NJ state police. Does anyone recommend that I try again? I even included a link to Ms. Schoick's Charley Project page to make things easier for them. If they have already checked into and ruled out this possibility, is it too much for me to expect that they let me know this?
If you don't get some sort of reply after a week or so, I would resend your initial message and ask for them to contact you.

shadowangel said:

ShadowAngel-

I haven't followed this case before, and having read through the notes here, and comparing the photos you have shown, I would DEFINITELY keep after the NJ police.

The resemblance is stunning.

-Amanda

Are there any pictures of her jewelry? The way they describe them sounds like they are nice pieces, like something a parent would give a teen.

I am also confused as to why they didn't question the suspect from the cemetary. Bad police work on that one, I'm afraid. They need to find him and question him.

Also, was it shadowangel, you should forward your information on to the Vidocq society. It sounds like they can look into this for you if the police are not responding.

gardenmom said:
Are there any pictures of her jewelry? The way they describe them sounds like they are nice pieces, like something a parent would give a teen....
If you go to my origional post in this thread and select the link, you will be connected with NCMEC's poster of the girl. Next, use your screen controls to move to the right of her photo, and you will see more photos, including two of the chain and cross that she was wearing.

Still nothing from the NJ State Police, their UID section hasn't been updated since early July...

I did e-mail Doe Network today, the local Director was very quick in getting back to me. She said the discprepancy in the timeline could be explained by her situation, that the match had not yet been checked by the Doe Network, and that she would forward the information to Gerry Nance at NCMEC.
I'll keep ya posted.....

Bumping an updating, I will be in the area again later this week and plan to stop by Princess Doe's memorial. If I can get some pics, I will post them.

I have heard nothing new on the possible match. The NJ State Police website section on missing/UIDs has finally been updated. I e-mailed and called again, but still haven't gotten any response to my messages.

Aggravating, to say the least...I have heard from others who have also experienced a seeming lack of concern on the part of some LE. The websites say they need our help, but no one seems to want it. Even a response stating the matches have already been looked into or that there is some obvious (and legimate) reason that the match is not possible would be appreciated.

I HAVE HAD IT. HERE IS THE LEARNED RESPONSE FROM THE NJ STATE POLICE.

Mark,

Unfortunately this is not a match due to the dates:
Leah was last seen on August 15, 1982 in Florida.
The Unidentified was recovered in NJ on July 15, 1982 a month prior to her disappearance.

LIKE I DIDN'T ADDRESS THIS IN MY E-MAIL! SHE WAS DATING A BIKER WHO LE BELIEVE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DISAPPEARANCE!!!! GEE, HE AND HIS FRIENDS WOULDN'T HAVE REASON TO LIE ABOUT THE DATE!!!!!!!!!!!

shadowangel said:
I HAVE HAD IT. HERE IS THE LEARNED RESPONSE FROM THE NJ STATE POLICE.

Mark,

Unfortunately this is not a match due to the dates:
Leah was last seen on August 15, 1982 in Florida.
The Unidentified was recovered in NJ on July 15, 1982 a month prior to her disappearance.

LIKE I DIDN'T ADDRESS THIS IN MY E-MAIL! SHE WAS DATING A BIKER WHO LE BELIEVE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DISAPPEARANCE!!!! GEE, HE AND HIS FRIENDS WOULDN'T HAVE REASON TO LIE ABOUT THE DATE!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds as if someone skimmed through without reading the details. Maybe try again?

I waited months the first time without any response. Then I resubmitted, to get this thoughtful and well investigated response weeks later. I also submitted this match to the Doe Network, the director I dealt with was much more receptive, I'll wait to see if anything happens there.

What about NCMEC?

NCMEC Cold Case Review Unit at 1-877-446-2632, ext. 6235 or 6295

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members