NJ NJ - Blairstown, 'Princess Doe' WhtFem 36UFNJ, 14-18, Jul'82

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Richard, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Paul B.

Paul B. Well-Known Member

If this "memorial winery tour" goes ahead... i cannot escape the image of drunken idiots desecrating the Princess's grave, or even relieving themselves on it :'(

@JrzyGirl70 ? @Roselvr ?

2. chaddylex

chaddylex Verified Insider

I found out from the Blairstown Museum that Kathleen Kelly has been officially ruled out by DNA. This is what they said. For some time, there was speculation that Kathleen "Kathy" Kelly might have been Princess Doe - especially because of the height, weight, and cross pendant. However, Kathy has been ruled out through DNA testing.

They are gave me a list of girls who have officially been ruled out:
    ) Diane Dye, who went missing from San Jose, California on July 30, 1979.

2) Emma Vaughn, who went missing from Orlando, Florida on July 10, 1982.

3) Leah Jean Van Schoick, who went missing from Plantation, Florida on August 15, 1982.

4) Brenda Louise Condon, who went missing from Spring Township, Pennsylvania on February 27, 1991.

5) Donna Barnhill, who went missing from Lexington, North Carolina on March 18, 1981.

6) Toni McNatt-Chiappetta, who went missing from Clairton, Pennsylvania on November 11, 1981.

7) Judith O’Donnell, who went missing from Baltimore, Maryland on November 30, 1980.

8) Kathryn Quackenbush, who went missing from Delmar, Maryland on July 14, 1981.

9) Teresa Hammon, who went missing from Sacramento, California on May 8, 1981.

10) Michele Reidenbach, who went missing from Zelienople, Pennsylvania on October 6, 1981.

11) Karen Zendrosky, who went missing from Bordentown Township, New Jersey on October 23, 1979.

12) Tammy Mahoney, who went missing from Oneida, New York on May 8, 1981.

13) Eleanor Parker, who went missing from Baton Rouge, Louisiana on November 10, 1981.

14) Debra Vowell, who went missing from Orange County, California on January 24, 1979.

15) Rachael Garden, who went missing from Newton, New Hampshire on March 22, 1980.

16) Nancy Lynn Kirkpatrick, who went missing from Columbia Falls, Montana on April 21, 1976.

17) Amy Yachimec, who went missing from Phoenix, Arizona on November 6, 1981.

18) Sandra Butler, who went missing from Sparks, Nevada on June 26, 1978.

19) Kathleen Kelly, who went missing from Springdale, Pennsylvania on May 22, 1981.

20) Barbara Cotton, who went missing from Williston, North Dakota on April 11, 1981.

21) Brenda Crowley, who went missing from Staten Island, New York on February 1, 1980.

22) Maria Anjiras, who went missing from Norwalk, Connecticut on February 12, 1976.

23) Beverli Darnell, who went missing from Miami, Florida on May 1, 1983.

24) Charlotte Kinsey, who went missing from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on September 26, 1981.

25) Mary Opitz, who went missing from Fort Myers, Florida on January 16, 1981.

26) Cinda Pallett, who went missing from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on September 26, 1981.

27) Dean Peters, who went missing from Grand Rapids, Michigan on February 5, 1981.

28) Alma Root, who went missing from Auburn, California on January 1, 1980.

3. JrzyGirl70

JrzyGirl70 Well-Known Member

@Paul B. I don't see that happening. I would like to hope that the people that are intending to go, have good intentions, just poor taste.

kimlo likes this.
  4. JrzyGirl70

@rob525 while I think it is nice that you want to stir memories or bring awareness to these cases IMHO I just don't think this would be the best way to do it. But the hobby sounds pretty interesting. I have never heard of that before.

5. Paul B.

@JrzyGirl70 I'm sorry. I let my fears overwhelm me there. I'm not male just use male identity on here.

kimlo likes this.
  6. JrzyGirl70

@Paul B. no worries.. Are you familiar at all with the area? I'm thinking from your Avatar maybe not.. It's a small sleepy town, I was going to post the cemetery facebook page, but wasn't sure if it was within TOS. If you google Cedar Ridge Cemetery Blairstown NJ you will find it there are some new photos posted there.

7. Paul B.

@JrzyGirl70 I'm Australian, Originally grew up in the eastern suburbs of the city of Melbourne. Currently live near Launceston in the Australian state of Tasmania. Wish i could move back to the mainland.

8. JrzyGirl70

Suglo likes this.
  9. Nate_Bro

Nate_Bro Active Member

Hey where can I find a picture of the skull? I want to compare the teeth to a missing girl. Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  10. MacPlus512

MacPlus512 Pittsburgh Proud

Long shot, but has anyone tested Katherine Anderson from Maryland? She would have been 27 in July 1982 but looks a little younger.
    The Doe Network: Case File 930DFMD

NJEverCurious likes this.
  11. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

I'm familiar with it. Theres one on Somerset Street in Watchung (address across from 900) called Watumpka falls.

I think the way to do it would be to add a "Doe" category so those interested can do it. I don't see others doing it.

No, wouldn't happen

12. JrzyGirl70

Shamizen likes this.
  13. BlairstownMuseum

BlairstownMuseum Small Town. Big History.

Yes, the Blairstown Museum will be hosting two free programs, "The Unsolved Case of Princess Doe" on Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 1pm and 3pm. Guest Speakers include Lt. Stephen Speirs ( Ret. ) Warren County Prosecutor's Office and Lt. Eric Kranz ( Ret. ) Blairstown Police Department; plus guests will hear from Christie Leigh Napurano, Author of The Untold Story of Princess Doe. More information on the program can be found at The Unsolved Case of Princess Doe

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  14. BlairstownMuseum

We would like to address the concerns some of you had regarding the memorial we held in Princess Doe's honor. While we respect everyone who has devoted their time to her case, and we certainly understand those who disagree with the memorial, we respectfully disagree that it was in poor taste.

The memorial trolley tour sold 13 tickets (our maximum capacity is 14 seats). Attendees were taken to several locations where Princess Doe might have been had she been the alleged prostitute that some detectives have alluded to her being. There are only a few places that were known for prostitution in the area. Attendees were given factual information on the case, which was provided by detectives who have directly worked on the case. Surprisingly, 11 out of the 13 ticket holders were from Blairstown (two were from just over the border in Pennsylvania) and out of the 11 Blairstown residents, 5 them lived here during the time of her disappearance and yet never visited her grave. They walked away with a plethora of knowledge on the case, which we hope they will share with others and that in turn will yield more clues in identifying her.

The memorial toast was our way to honor her life, because while her tragic end is what she is known for, she also walked this earth for 14 to 18 years, and that needed to be acknowledged. She was someone's daughter, long before she became a homicide victim. We toasted to "Princess Doe, may she never be forgotten." We were at the winery for no more than 15-minutes, and attendees had less than a half glass of wine, which can be seen in the photos.

Proceeds were applied to the free public memorial which occurred following the tour. It was an incredibly well attended, and heart-warming memorial; photos of which can be seen here Blairstown Museum. There was not a dry eye in the house.

This memorial has generated extensive media coverage, the likes of which her case has not received in many, many years. We even had PBS on-site to document the memorial, which they will be releasing to the public as part of a story they are doing on her case.

Did we catch some heat leading up to the memorial? Absolutely. Was it worth the extra press coverage her case received? Absolutely. Would we do it again? Without a doubt. Our intentions were and remain pure. We are an all-volunteer, IRS 501(c)(3) charity, and while it is not our role to solve her case, she is part of our history, and in that respect it is our responsibility to share her story, as we do for many other individuals that impacted our community.

Thank you all for working so diligently on her case for all of these years. Your friends at the Blairstown Museum certainly appreciate your efforts.

15. BlairstownMuseum

This is the photo you requested.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  16. RememberingRyan

RememberingRyan Active Member

I don't see Christine Huyer on the ruleouts - has anyone submitted her? She was 22 when she went missing (wasn't reported missing for 2 years) so she's a little bit outside of the upper age estimate. She was 5'1" and 108lbs. Her teeth look like they could be similar to the UP's in her photo. Missing date is listed as July 3 1982. Biggest conflict is that she went missing in Florida and would have had to travel quite a way.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

[​IMG]

MandiH82 and cherrymeg like this.
  17. JrzyGirl70

@BlairstownMuseum Thank you for sharing the above information. While I may not have agreed with the tour, I am glad that Princess Doe is getting the attention she deserves. I am relatively local so her case is special to me.

NJEverCurious, Suglo and sloane7777 like this.
  18. canteloupe

canteloupe Well-Known Member

I know this has been suggested years ago in this thread, but Laureen Ann Rahn hasn't been ruled out yet (no comparison entry on NamUs, but listed as a possibility on the Princess Doe site) and has some similarities.

Rahn's details:
    1. Missing from New Hampshire in 1980, possibly trafficked to California.
    2. Possible sighting in Boston in 1981.
    3. Was 14 in 1980; would have been ~16 in 1982.
    4. Height 5'4", weight 90 lbs.
    5. Has four fillings in 14, 18, 19, 30.

Possibilities/Similarities:
    1. If Rahn made it back to the Northeast (Boston sighting), perhaps it was by way of the Southwest, which could account for the isotope testing.
    2. Age fits better than height/weight, but allowance of 2" and 10 lbs. seems a reasonable error range.
    3. Matches on 3 of the 4 fillings (#14, #19, #30). The odd filling out is #18, whereas Princess Doe has a filling in #3. But what if there's a reporting error on Rahn's transcribed dentals (3's and 8's can look similar, also human errors abound).

Problems:
    1. Filling discrepancy (see above).
    2. Rahn reportedly had a prominent scar on her leg.

Apologies in advance if I've missed a similar comparison on this thread. Rahn's details linked below.

NamUs
    Doe Network
    Charley Project

chaddylex and Earth like this.
  19. chaddylex

chaddylex Verified Insider

@BlairstownMuseum - do you know if Laureen Rahn has been ruled out?

sloane7777 likes this.
  20. apearn

apearn Active Member

@BlairstownMuseum - I attended the most recent talk about this case (I grew up nearby and remember when it happened) and I'm curious:

Is there a map of the isotope results? It would be interesting to me to try to target those areas on social media. Several other cases have maps with the likely movements based on those types of findings.