Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 13, 2015.
Justice for Brendan.
New PhillyVoice article.
Anonymous website argues DJ Creato's innocence:
Too bad the creator doesn't want feedback.
Because... Yeah. Ummm there's a village somewhere missing an important citizen because they're busy making that site
They claim that DJ was 'framed.' So does that mean he didn't send those hundreds of texts to his 17 yr old gf?
Isn't the internet great, now we get "Anonymous cretins".
The information on that website is worth considering, and DJ deserves a fair defense. I think we all need a rewatching of 12 angry men. Is it possible DJ killed his son? Yes. Is it possible he didn't? Yes. While he has what could be considered motive, there is no solid evidence of his involvement. Here are a few alternate scenarios, for the sake of fairness:
1. His GF did it and DJ is covering up - same twisted reasons, just different perp.
2. It was actually accidental, either with the two or one of them as witness or Brendan actually leaving the apt. I can think of a few scenarios where a 3yr old might "escape" = curiosity, being locked in a room with a window, being left home alone, etc. These still mean DJ could be negligent, but a child killer?
There are a few holes in the case we should be discussing before forming such a strong opinion of DJ's guilt:
1. Brendan was found with "clean socks" so we can conclude he didn't walk there. In his socks. This doesn't mean he was dumped there. Were the slippers he was reported to be wearing found or in evidence? I doubt very much his socks were clean even just running around inside the house, so regard that as "no visible trace of outdoors" on the socks, IMO.
2. The ME says he could have been drowned, but was there water in his lungs or throat to actually infer that? I struggle to recall a case where the ME could not tell the difference between drowning and strangulation on an hours-old body. This was also the second autopsy. Was it ordered before or after the arrest?
3. Where are the footprints of his murderer?
4. What was the coronoer's assessment of how old the body was? TIA - There are no witnesses that saw or heard DJ leave his apartment (or the child for that matter) that night or early morning. Only the old man with the baby carriage in the area the body was found - that single witness statement is so odd, it needs to be considered. How did DJ supposedly transport the body there without being seen? Could he have been mistaken as the older man? The witness seems sure it was not him.
The autopsies were conducted back in October. There was no recent development from a forensic evidence standpoint and certainly nothing was ordered post arrest that we know of. but it is the first we are hearing about possible strangulation.
DJ probably conflicted himself in his hours of testimony. Just like the defense keeps changing tactics to respond to the charges.
The anonymous website is very speculative. And the parties involved all deny any involvement. They even go so far as to say the person is meddlesome and officious and won't help their case.
I am just surprised that so little appears on the internet about spensky. The age of consent is 16, the age of owning an online profile is 13, yet the media won't hardly even say someone's name until they turn 18. Shouldn't her mug be all over the news?
This case has been so slow to develop. Only news we have is an anonymous hack website, untraceable, gets shot down by the defense lawyers as ineffective and "officious" and unwelcome. They are distancing themselves.
Wow, this case is so sad. Unfortunately, a parent "getting rid of" their child to keep their SO is more common than you would like to think. I doubt his lawyer can argue for insanity.
Have there been any further developments re: the rumored drug connection? I don't think it's been addressed by anyone involved in the investigation.
No news about a rumored drug connection but DJ was very forthcoming on social media about his past drug use.
:welcome: guess we won't hear anything until court appearances.
Do we know anything about a trial date?
Welcome to the group!
No trial date yet....
Thanks for the wecome:happydance:
As far as I know, not yet
“He saw that she received a message, or snap, I believe it’s called, from a guy at school—the same guy he was already jealous of and already worried about,” Shah said.
Shah said Creato tried to call his girlfriend three more times between 9:54 and 10:07 p.m., but she never answered. “And there sleeping in the next room was the source of his girlfriend’s hateful discontent with their relationship,” Shah said.
The last time Creato checked his girlfriend’s SnapChat was a 1:47 a.m. Four hours later, he called 911 and calmly told the operator he could not find his 3-year-old son, offering at one point “he must have unlocked the doors and walked out.”
“They are still a couple,” Shah said. “In fact, she was at his parents’ house in Haddon Township today.”
I'm curious how it's known that the girlfriend was definitely back in NY and there for the entire night. I live in Haddon Twp. and some people are saying she wasn't in NY, but in Philadelphia which is only about 10 minutes away. I am taking that with a grain of salt because it could be a rumor but I just can't wait to know if they definitely know where she was. I definitely think they are holding the right suspect but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she was involved that night.
I don't know... Her posts on her Tumblr (now deleted?) make me believe that she wasn't actually involved. She may be the "motive", which is why she was so anxious, but I don't think it was her idea.
Then again, she is still dating an alleged murderer, so who knows.
His parents are having her over to their house? I can't imagine hanging out with a selfish girl that hated mu grand baby so much that my son would want to kill him…ughhhh