GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 13, 2015.

1. lauriej

lauriej 'wild rose country...'

http://www.phillyvoice.com/three-autopsies-brendan-creato-now-public-eye/
    Reports on three autopsies of Brendan Creato now in public eye

World-renowned forensic scientist says three autopsies on Brendan Creato and no definitive cause of death is "very bizarre"

--snip--
    Richard J. Fuschino Jr., the Philadelphia lawyer representing DJ Creato, has alleged that the medical examiner and his employees failed to follow protocols, failed to take control of the scene investigation and also misled the grand jury.

Fuschino is also challenging law enforcement access to his client's cell phone – with thousands of texts to his 17-year-old former girlfriend, college student Julia "Julie" Stensky, and pictures of the secluded location where his son's body was discovered. Prosecutors contend DJ Creato committed the murder in order to continue their relationship. Fuschino claims his client was not appropriately given notice of his rights or of Fuschino's representation.

Fuschino, who is seeking a hearing challenging the arrest of his client, declined comment.

--more@link.

2. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

Poor baby. How can he get justice without a COD. They need to appeal to the nation and get some more qualified ME to have a look at this.

3. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Very disgusted to live in the same county. I wonder how he got the position and if elected? His photo on the page you linked to looks very unprofessional.

gfeigin.jpg

4. eileenhawkeye

eileenhawkeye Active Member

Omg...I'm also in Camden county. I didn't realize this was our ME!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. DropthePuck

DropthePuck Well-Known Member

I'm in Camden County as well. It's embarrassing, isn't it??

6. cattlekate

cattlekate Well-Known Member

Fuschino asserts DJ wasn't advised of his rights or hired legal representation. Fuschino is trying to get the phone evidence thrown out. But when was Fuschino hired? Was it the day Brendan was found and DJ was at the station speaking to investigators? I assume that first day was also when DJ allowed investigators to look at his phone. If this is true, then then DJ's statements and phone evidence should be thrown out.

Otherwise, if Fuschino wasn't yet retained and DJ was answering questions, showed police his phone, and could leave at anytime, then he didn't have to be notified of Miranda rights.

I guess we'll find out shortly if the phone is in or out. The dumping ground photo, texts and calls to the gf, and snapchat access are the basis for charges of premeditation and motive. But if the phone evidence is disallowed, there doesn't seem to be much of a case.

7. cattlekate

8. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

what a mess :(

I truly have no words.

I have never seen such a thing in all my years of case following. How can anyone ever be prosecuted for this little guy's death if the initial crime scene was handled in this manner? Everything would be subject to question and every bit of evidence found there could be discounted as being mishandled.

:cry: for this little guy.

9. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

Do any of you think it is possible he did wander off to the creek and died of misadventure? The pants being tugged down could be from animals, or even Brenden pulling them down to go, slipping and hitting his head on a rock. The motive and opportunity are there for DJ, but I've certainly read about weirder coincidences. Just speculating.

10. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

I know they said the door was double locked but toddlers can surprise you. My own could unlock the lower lock and gave me scares a couple of times trying to go to their papa's house across the street.

Some wonder if the little boy, perhaps sleepwalking, let himself out of the double-locked door of the second floor apartment, turned left, walked alone and unseen down Cooper Street in the dark and chill – 49 to 52 degrees. Then turned right, entered the wooded park he knew from visits with his father, and died alone, a still-unexplained natural death that happened sometime between 10 p.m. on Oct. 12 and 9 a.m Oct. 13 when a police dog found his lifeless body in the woods behind Vesper Avenue.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/town-heartsick-over-unexplained-death-toddler/

The next morning per dad, the door was unlocked. There were no signs of break-in per this link, which also states little guy's socks were clean when the body was found. I honestly don't know what to think. And now we may never know :(

Shah said on Tuesday investigators do not believe Brendan went to that area on his own. First, she said, Brendan's socks were clean despite the muddy surroundings.

[...]

"The door was locked. I guess he unlocked it and left," Creato continues. The 911 operator then asks him to stay on the line in case the police dispatcher has any more questions.

http://6abc.com/news/prosecutor-brendan-creato-dad-killed-son-to-continue-relationship/1154775/

11. cattlekate

We still don't know if Brendan's Mickey Mouse slippers were found. The initial description stated Brendan was wearing them. If they were found at the creek, it could be argued that is why Brendan's socks were clean. If they were still at Dad's apartment, then someone carried Brendan to the creek from there.

If DJ's lawyer is successful in getting the phone evidence is thrown out, can the prosecution still use the girlfriend's phone record of texts or is it considered "fruit from the poisoned tree?"

12. alisonanne

alisonanne New Member

Hello all,

I'm a new member! I live in Camden County near the south end of the Cooper River where this tragedy took place. I've been following this case and this thread since October. I remember the weather that day perfectly. It was oddly warm for October in Jersey, so you had to rule out hypothermia almost immediately. I don't even think it got below 45 that night. Anyway...this case blows my mind. I just finished watching "The People vs. OJ" and was so infuriated with the justice system and now hearing this ME mess come up with Brendan's case. WTF. Something really fishy is going on.

I'm learning toward someone being paid A LOT of money to zip their lip.

13. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

​Prosecutor: Creato defense argument 'absurd'
    http://www.courierpostonline.com/st...rs-defense-claim-creato-case-absurd/83882362/

14. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I don't think he went down there by himself. What are the odds that the boy's father had a crazy girlfriend that wanted him to be rid of his son, and then COINCIDENTALLY, the boy wanders away and conveniently dies? :no:

15. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n..._prosecutors_lay_out_case_against_Creato.html

16. Trvl4Lyfe

Trvl4Lyfe Active Member

That picture looks like he only cares about money and prestige...

17. OkieGranny

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/news/crime/2016/05/16/judge-rules-creato-case/84446396/

18. Lynnsey

Lynnsey Member

Just popping in to see updates. I would be literally SICK if no one gets charged and convicted for Brendan's death.

Brendan-we're still thinking about you, sweet boy!!!! :(

19. OkieGranny

Video at link:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...eato_s_words_echo___Oh_God__no__no__no__.html

20. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs