GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

What happens now?
I'd truly like to see the GF go on trial. I just know she's involved somehow. My guts are crawling with hinky worms.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

What a bummer, but I'm not surprised :(. We live in an age of juries thinking they need DNA to convict. This poor boy will never see justice :(.

[FONT=&quot]A conference has been scheduled for July 5 to revisit the matter. There's no determination yet if the case will be retried, but defense attorney Richard Fuschino believes it is likely.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Creato will remain in custody, but Fuschino said he will make a motion to try and reduce bail.

http://6abc.com/2058737/
[/FONT]

What happens now?
I'd truly like to see the GF go on trial. I just know she's involved somehow. My guts are crawling with hinky worms.

I wonder who's paying for his attorney.

The prosecution surely needs to do something about the girl friend so that there is little or no doubt that DJ killed Brendan. It's questionable exactly how she's involved. I'm sure she knew he did it. Beyond that, I don't think she suggested he kill Brendan and I don't think she would actually kill him.

My heart breaks for Brendan's mother. I can't imagine how she'll deal with having to go thru another trial.

I'm so disgusted that the jury couldn't reach a verdict.

I wonder who's paying for his attorney.

The prosecution surely needs to do something about the girl friend so that there is little or no doubt that DJ killed Brendan. It's questionable exactly how she's involved. I'm sure she knew he did it. Beyond that, I don't think she suggested he kill Brendan and I don't think she would actually kill him.

My heart breaks for Brendan's mother. I can't imagine how she'll deal with having to go thru another trial.

I'm so disgusted that the jury couldn't reach a verdict.
I agree, totally clear her so that doubt can be erased from next juries minds. Or perhaps delve deeper into her possible involvement.

The girlfriend pretty much bullied him enough that it would make him kill his son to satisfy her.

The case against Creato was circumstantial. There were no witnesses, DNA, or surveillance video to connect him to the death of his son, Brendan, in October 2015.

A lot of cases are circumstantial so it is not unusual.

I am sorry that so many cases lately are ending in hung jury's, people need to look at that facts and conclude from those in making their decision. I think common sense is not in a lot of people vocabulary anymore. Or at least that is what I am seeing my world. jmo and moo

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. The prosecution just didn't prove it beyond a doubt, and then they made mistakes. All it takes is one juror to have a problem with that. I would like to see the investigation go a littler deeper on JS, and hopefully the next attempt will be a little more cohesive.

I don't recall the prosecution ever showing the jury a living photo of Brendan. It was too easy to get caught up in being sympathetic to DJ after hearing all of the horrible things JS said, and Brendan got lost in the noise.

The case against Creato was circumstantial. There were no witnesses, DNA, or surveillance video to connect him to the death of his son, Brendan, in October 2015.

A lot of cases are circumstantial so it is not unusual.

I am sorry that so many cases lately are ending in hung jury's, people need to look at that facts and conclude from those in making their decision. I think common sense is not in a lot of people vocabulary anymore. Or at least that is what I am seeing my world. jmo and moo

I agree. Totally different world we live in now. People can't even make change unless they enter how much you gave them on the register.

Sad news. I hope it goes to trial again. Anyone know what the split was guilty and not guilty? If anyone knows, please post.

Well, fooey.

Circumstantial evidence is the most common of all -- if you have enuff strands in the rope, and if they are strong, you can make a rope to convict. If a juror doesn't "buy" one strand, the rest of the strands may indeed still be enuff to convict. Circumstantial evidence, if well-presented and strong, convicts persons every day. I never scoff at circumstantial evidence -- it's the stock-in-trade of many prosecutors and it works so many times. Eye-witnesses are both rare and not always correct in their id's.

Do you all think if the judge hadn't given them so much time to think about it in between testimony that it would be different?

Sad news. I hope it goes to trial again. Anyone know what the split was guilty and not guilty? If anyone knows, please post.

I would be interested to hear this also.

I'm just so sad for this sweet baby.

Happy Birthday Brendan!

:partyguy::bdsong:

(today would have been his 5th birthday)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back