GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

http://www.courierpostonline.com/st...kes-memorial-ribbons-haddon-twp-boy/74068882/

The ribbons sell for $10; of that, $2 from each sale will go to the family for help with funeral expenses.

Deanna Paul, part of the Haddon Township Neighborhood Association, thought the ribbons would be a way for the community to show its silent support for a family that is grieving — in a way they could see without having to read comments or speculation on social media.

http://nj1015.com/2-fundraisers-after-3-year-old-brendan-creatos-death-1-for-dad-1-for-mom/

Two fundraisers have been started for the family of Brendan Link Creato, the 3-year-old boy found dead in a wooded area of Haddon Township this week — but they each benefit different family members.

But the fundraiser for mother Samantha Denoto and her family is vastly outpacing one for father DJ Creato. The fundraiser for Denoto’s family had collected more than $16,000 from 370 people by mid-day Friday. The fundraiser for DJ Creato — with whom the boy was staying when he was went missing sometime early Tuesday — was at just $460.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...o__when__where__how_______up_in_the_air_.html

"...Brendan had slept on a couch next to the front door, while the boy's father slept in the bedroom. Emachah said that the Creato unit is on the second floor and that a person must initially enter a door on the first floor to get inside the building, which has seven units. Creato's mother lives a block from her son's apartment and had dropped Brendan off at the apartment sometime before 10 p.m. Monday, Emachah said. He said Creato, who went to sleep afterward, woke up around 6 a.m. for work and noticed Brendan was missing. He first called his mother, then 911, Emachah said. Emachah said that Brendan knew how to open the apartment door but had never done so while unsupervised."

Brendan slept on the couch by the door while Dad got the bedroom? SMH. I hope this wasn't normal and it just occurred that one night - perhaps if the boy fell asleep in front of the TV. Media should follow up on that!

Also - media has not identified the female voice in the 911 call, right? I assume it is the dad's mother, because he called her first and she lives close by, but it'd be nice to be confirmed.

Of course, it'd be mighty odd that on the one night Brendan is sleeping on the couch by the front door, he disappears.

SMH but I think the child slept on the couch on a regular basis and daddy got the bedroom.

Okay, it's the mama bear in me, but I could NEVER imagine letting my 3 year old sleep unattended in the living room over night. What if he woke up and started wandering around in the kitchen and getting into things that weren't child proofed, or elsewhere. Or....got out! I would give him my bed and I would sleep on the couch before I would let him sleep on the couch in the living room alone. That is just....odd.

I'm not going to jump on the sleeping on the couch thing yet. The source here is someone who answered the phone at the family business, who may or may not have the full story. And probably didn't realize his words were going to be published and analyzed as if they were the God-given truth.

That said, I don't think it's all that crazy. Maybe the couch was right outside the bedroom door. Maybe dad had a lady friend staying with him in his room. We don't know how big the apartment is- we really don't know anything at all. How often did Brendan stay with dad? Maybe he just liked to sleep on the couch! Who knows?

Also, I spoke with a young family from the neighborhood over the weekend. They are still pretty freaked out about knowing nothing. As sad as it is, they hope it was the dad because at least that means there is no other threat in the neighborhood. But the lack of information is driving them crazy!

I wish LE would somehow be able to give some comfort to families who live in the area with small children. The lack of information in this case has to be frustrating for other families too, not knowing if there is someone living amongst them that is capable of harming a little boy. I understand the autopsy results showed nothing and they are waiting for toxicology results, but still....I wish there was more concrete information. How frustrating for everyone involved (especially Brendan's family obviously). :(

Is the brick two story house posted earlier the apt house from where Brendan disappeared? On google earth, it's hard to tell if that is 103 cooper. If it is, now I understand about the "top and bottom" doors. The dad meant the one from his apt and the one to the street. I was picturing a split door, like on a farmhouse.

It'd be nice if the media found out if dad had a roommate or not, plus if the female voice is grandma's. And if the outside door was routinely locked by the apt dwellers.

In any case, the journey to the park is quite long, and obvious that the child never walked it.

The silence is bothersome. One would think the coroner would at least state how long Brendan had been dead. He was found only three hours after the 911 call! Surely a temp analysis would pin point time of death. Maybe not the cause, but at least the time.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Brendan-Creato-Haddon-Township-Death-334160451.html

As the family finalized funeral plans, investigators sorted through clues in Brendan's death as they awaited toxicology results after an autopsy couldn't determine a cause of death for the 3-year-old that was found in a wooded area near the Cooper River Tuesday -- about three hours after his father reported him missing.

The autopsy on Brendan's body was inconclusive and X-rays revealed no broken bones.

The part about him having his slippers on is bothering me. I know 3 year olds can be weird (I have a couple of them!), but who wears slippers going to bed?

I still don't like how he was sleeping on the couch. That is bothering me too.

Can tech savvy sleuthers post on the local news and news' Facebook sites and ask WHY no time of death and stomach contents has been released (or asked by media, apparently). The site forums are disques which I can't figure out.

These are important questions! Grandma (dj's mom) states she delivered Brendan around 10 pm. DJ states he went to bed around midnight. Brendan was missing around 6 am, per his dad's 911 call. Baby Brendan was found dead, a long way away, around 9:30 am.

Time of death is important and pretty easy to figure out by the ME! Stomach contents will show if grandma's account is correct! Why are there not answers to these basic questions!

Just a side note- a few people are saying the park was SO FAR away and there is NO WAY a 3yo would have walked there. I just want to dial that back a little bit. According to reports, the park where Brendan was found is about 1/2 mile from his dad's apartment, and it is straight down the street. I have personal experience with a 3yo and 2yo wandering off, and being found 3/4 mile from where they started. That story, luckily, had a happy ending, as they were found unharmed. So it is not unheard of or even unlikely, IMO, that a 3yo could wander down the street to a park.

I realize it has been indicated that Brendan was "placed there" so I don't even know if the possibility/probability of him walking away is even a factor. But he could have gotten some distance from home on his own.

Just a side note- a few people are saying the park was SO FAR away and there is NO WAY a 3yo would have walked there. I just want to dial that back a little bit. According to reports, the park where Brendan was found is about 1/2 mile from his dad's apartment, and it is straight down the street. I have personal experience with a 3yo and 2yo wandering off, and being found 3/4 mile from where they started. That story, luckily, had a happy ending, as they were found unharmed. So it is not unheard of or even unlikely, IMO, that a 3yo could wander down the street to a park.

I realize it has been indicated that Brendan was "placed there" so I don't even know if the possibility/probability of him walking away is even a factor. But he could have gotten some distance from home on his own.
I live about 1&1/2 miles from where this happened & I'm familiar with the area. It would have been very dark outside between 9pm-6am. I have a 3 yr old grandson who is very smart & very agile. I'm sure he would not be able to navigate 1/2 a mile in the dark even if the area was close to home.

http://6abc.com/news/officials-no-forced-entry-evidence-at-brendan-creato-home/1044294/

Dad and his parents now have lawyers. LE says no forced entry.

I'm having trouble with the timeline. Why did gma deliver Brendan so late - 10 pm. What was DJ doing before that? He's up pretty early for work the next day - 530ish (my guess) so was he working another job or out or what?

Dad says he went to bed around midnight. What was he doing from 10 pm to midnight? Trying to get Brendan asleep on the couch? That's pretty late for a toddler to be up.

Gma comes over pretty quickly - she's there shortly after 6 am. So that's why I assume dad is up around 530. He makes a quick look around - then calls gma, let's say around 545. In the 911 call, gma is looking in something - but wouldn't you think dad had time to look in every spot in the tiny apt before gma came over?

Why did dad call gma first? Dad wakes up - doesn't see Brendan - so I assume Dad starts scurrying around his tiny apt, maybe peering into the hallway, running down the stairs, opening the outside door - doesn't see his child and then calls gma?? Not 911? That is really really odd.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back